Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MW3 Fetching Online Profile.....

• 27-03-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I recently got a new ZyXEL P-660HN-T1A router from eircom and every since then I have had major trouble trying to play MW3 on my ps3. Every other game I have works fine but MW3 just gets stuck on the "fetching online profile" screen and never loads. I have got my ps3 on a reserved ip on the router and forwarded all the correct ports for mw3, which was verified by an eircom employee on the phone.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Or know what's causing it?
    A fix to this would be fantastic.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Darkostica

JPA wrote: »

That would not work for me at all for some reason, my ps3 couldn't even obtain an ip address when I tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Darkostica wrote: »
    That would not work for me at all for some reason, my ps3 couldn't even obtain an ip address when I tried it.

ah dude its a load of B*****

i feel your pain, only solution is if your in the MP dont log out leave ps3 on or leave it for 2 hours then log on again.

I've called eircom loads of times and they can't help me. They recommend that I buy a new router, which I think is unfair because I only need to get one because the one they gave me is crap. Worst customer support ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Happened to me once or twice. Turned off my Xbox and turned it back on and I was fine. I imagine its a connectivity issue. As in, too many people trying to come on at the same time, and your request to connect to the profile server happens to be the one diluted until an idle connection is made available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I've called eircom loads of times and they can't help me. They recommend that I buy a new router, which I think is unfair because I only need to get one because the one they gave me is crap. Worst customer support ever.

Ring eircom again and ask them for your PPPoE username and password it can differ. If that doesn't work turn off the firewall on your router.

ok will do. I'll write back here when I check it out.

Finical wrote: »
    Ring eircom again and ask them for your PPPoE username and password it can differ. If that doesn't work turn off the firewall on your router.

PPPoE won't work for me at all and turning off the firewall hasn't changed anything. Has anyone got any recommendations for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

PPPoE won't work for me at all and turning off the firewall hasn't changed anything. Has anyone got any recommendations for me?

Sorry lad you're going to have to get a better router. I've had the exact same problems with Eircom for the last few years. They are the most useless company on the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Eircom excel in f**king up your online gaming.
    If it's not shìte pings it's shìte routers.The Netopia one before it caused heartbreak for me trying to change the NAT type on it.
    Took me a good 3 weeks trying every suggestion under the sun to get it working right,now I'm just left with the shìte ping :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

i noticed this aswell it still doesnt work but mw2 does wat the hell

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

having this same problem, anybody get anything sorted on it?? some load of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lovelylovely

I have the same problem... Eircom sent me out the zyxel the other day and MW3 just keeps fetching online profile and then the cod mw3 server is not available at this time error code 3452. When I change the pppoe my ps3 can't find an ip address. That video from youtube worked for me with my netopia router but not this one. My firewall is set to low, my nat type is 2, I have now set a static ip to my ps3 and used a website recommended by eircom on how to forward ports for mw3 still it won't work!! I am losing my mind I don't know what else to do. other than just switch to UPC ha

• Registered Users Posts: 21 biometalx57

Same problem here , got new ZyXEL, MW3 not working no more, when i try manual PPPoE setting ,Fails to get an IP .when I do auto it just Gives me error code in MW3 ,But other online games works ok.

Any fix to this problem yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lovelylovely

I eventually got it to work by restarting the router about 20 times, I think it might have had something to do with the port forwarding. Whenever I want to play MW3 I have to turn it off, leave it for about 10 seconds and turn it back on, or else if I go to play it will just keep trying to fetch online profile. Even with all that I can only play for maybe two hours and it will kick me offline and fetch online profile, and when I can play I am lagging and losing connection to server. Eircom won't help they just say that PS3/MW3 is not their responsibility so they can't give any advice. I am thinking of switching to UPC for broadband but have to keep my eircom phone so don't know if I can do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

they aint gonna replace the modem just because one piece of software doent work on it.I've had the 2 different zxygels they have and all my CoD's worked fine.

having said that the wireless IS ****e on them,if possible to rule out the wireless could you plug your console in with a cable and see if you're still havin the same issue?

EDIT@only seen now the post I quoted was in april!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I'm using a belkin f5d8635-4 v1 and I have not been fit to play online on any modern warfare game in about 2 years roughly... Well MW3 worked for a week or so because my brother done something... I am after forwarding the ports and still it's a no go, I also made a static ip adress for my ps3 and used DMz but that doesn't seem to work.. I need to forward ports for LBP 2 and Fifa and they will not work either on DMZ but will when I type in the ports... Anyone know what I am doing wrong I got into games last night but when I turned ps3 off and on I could not connect to the servers at all, I taught I had it fixed.. Can someone please help me

on most routers when you give a static ip to the device,you tie that device to the ports opened.

have you lowered the firewall on the router to off and see if that improves?

mind you putting the ps3 int the DMZ should work without any port forwarding.

EDIT: this website is great for opening ports etc.its called portforward.com,strangely enough.:)
    I entered your make and model and the link provided shows all instructions for opening ports etc for a sh1t load of software,scroll down to the c section for CoD.It gives screen shots etc
    http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F5D8635-4v1/default.htm

on most routers when you give a static ip to the device,you tie that device to the ports opened.

have you lowered the firewall on the router to off and see if that improves?

mind you putting the ps3 int the DMZ should work without any port forwarding.

EDIT: this website is great for opening ports etc.its called portforward.com,strangely enough.:)
    I entered your make and model and the link provided shows all instructions for opening ports etc for a sh1t load of software,scroll down to the c section for CoD.It gives screen shots etc
    http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F5D8635-4v1/default.htm

Thanks for that, already have done all that.. For some reason my MW3 online is moderate (strangely got into a game after an hour or so trying).. Yet my Black Ops is always open NAT type.. I am also on NAT 2.. Dont think DMZ works at all and have tried turning off firewall..

There must be something I am doing wrong because my brother got this router working with MW3 before.. Would putting a WPA key in help it?..

Would putting a WPA key in help it?..
    wouldnt think so but you could always knock wireless security off and see if that gives you a good connection.

Another option you might have would be to reset the modem as at this stage you possibly have changed the setting so much you wouldnt know whats causing the issue.

make sure you get the ppoe settings of it first(ie the ppoe username and password)!also if the your BB is dsl you will also need to put in these settings too->multiplexing :LLC based,vpi set to 8 and vci set to 35.DHCP to automatic and allow to get your ip off your isp and leagve every thing else as stock.

then first things first knock off the firewall,see what nat you have then.If that fails then give your console a static ip and open ports.to be honest that should do it.

Also maybe look for some automatic settings for PSN as some modems have config to open ports already.let us know how you get on

• Advertisement

wouldnt think so but you could always knock wireless security off and see if that gives you a good connection.

Another option you might have would be to reset the modem as at this stage you possibly have changed the setting so much you wouldnt know whats causing the issue.

make sure you get the ppoe settings of it first(ie the ppoe username and password)!also if the your BB is dsl you will also need to put in these settings too->multiplexing :LLC based,vpi set to 8 and vci set to 35.DHCP to automatic and allow to get your ip off your isp and leagve every thing else as stock.

then first things first knock off the firewall,see what nat you have then.If that fails then give your console a static ip and open ports.to be honest that should do it.

Also maybe look for some automatic settings for PSN as some modems have config to open ports already.let us know how you get on

Have tried all of this still no joy on modern warfare 3.. It's weird because black ops works perfect...

Im at a loss so.If anything occurs to be i'll post back!

Found a fix for this all I had to do was disable UPnP .. Now I have Open NAT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lomix

^^ I guess thats the prob. Although 1 other understandable answer is that !
    IF YOU WANT TO LOG IN RESET ROUTER - RESET PS3 TURN OFF NET EVERYTHWERE BUT PS3 AND LOG IN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dayde

same nothin works was plannin on stopping my account and goin to vodafone but eircom are looking for 488 euro to do so vodafone worked perfect there was none of this bull sh** miss mw3 all other call of dutys work jus not the same do any updates on how to fix this now have a error code 256 for the first time while fetching doin my head and no point of buyin the new black ops incase the same thing happens again

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lomix

dayde wrote: »
    same nothin works was plannin on stopping my account and goin to vodafone but eircom are looking for 488 euro to do so vodafone worked perfect there was none of this bull sh** miss mw3 all other call of dutys work jus not the same do any updates on how to fix this now have a error code 256 for the first time while fetching doin my head and no point of buyin the new black ops incase the same thing happens again

Hey sir. I have solved this problem for my self. For me it works. Sometimes just dosnt. Do this -
    1) Set a static IP
    2) Port Forward the game
    3) Reset PS3
    4) Reset Router
    5) Turn on Router
    6) Turn on PS3
    7) Launch MW3
    8) Play game, if not working re-do steps 3 to 8.

NOTE : I THINK THAT IN ORDER FOR GAME TO WORK YOU NEED TO HAVE OPEN NAT TYPE AND NAT TYPE 2. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT TOO FAR FROM THE ROTER (WIRELESS SHOULD HAVE MINIMUM 70% TO WORK GOOD)
    IF YOUR USING ETHERNET CABLE IT SHOULD WORK. ALSO, MY SELF I DONT HAVE ETHERNET CABLE BUT PERHAPS GETTING ONE COULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

ONE MORE SOLUTION WHICH MAY WORK :
    Set you'r router to none in firewall setting in router set-up.
    For questions how to port forward etc. Ask me on FB
    http://www.facebook.com/jakubzzzz
    or Email
    Jakub_zzzz@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rooney980

hey all im living in ireland and i am having the same prob as most ppl have my call of duty mw3 wount let me play online keeps saying fetching online profile and the i wait and this code comes up 3452 i have tried nearly everything nearly 3 weeks without it can anyone help me thanks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

rooney980 wrote: »
    hey all im living in ireland and i am having the same prob as most ppl have my call of duty mw3 wount let me play online keeps saying fetching online profile and the i wait and this code comes up 3452 i have tried nearly everything nearly 3 weeks without it can anyone help me thanks :mad:

Turn off the router, count to 10, turn it back on, switch on the console, play MW3.

Advertisement