Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendations for maternity clothes

• 25-01-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi
    So I know i'm not due until September but I want to start picking up some maternity clothes(maybe even in the sales) to help spread the cost. So i'm looking for recommendations for good shops or even on line stores, also I am thinking I will probably base the wardrobe around leggings, can you recommend where does good leggings?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Pumpkin Patch have a sale on for their maternity stuff. Some it is naff but I got good maternity work trousers for 16 euro each.

H&M are good but a bit more casual.

I got great leggings in A Wear before but they didn't seem to have regular black ones when I checked again. Picked up a pair in Penneys for 4 euro but haven't tried them on yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I got maternity leggings in new look yesterday for €4!!
    They have a better selection online than in the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭okiss

New look do maternity clothes - upstairs in liffey valley normally have a good choice.
    H and M and Dorethy Perkins do them also.
    I would wait until you get bigger as you will need to try on the clothes and you can't go by size.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    for online you could try
    www.theclothesline.ie (also good for nearly new baby clothes)

and www.ebay.ie

May not have what you want immediately, but the prices can be very good.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

okiss wrote: »
    New look do maternity clothes - upstairs in liffey valley normally have a good choice.
    H and M and Dorethy Perkins do them also.
    I would wait until you get bigger as you will need to try on the clothes and you can't go by size.

Trishka - I would agree with okiss above. Wait until you get bigger. I'm due in september too and I was even out today looking at leggings. But then i said to myself, I'm gonna wait til I get bigger as you don't know what size or shape bump you'll have. You will need bigger sizes in some things. Do bear in mind - you don't always have to buy maternity stuff. I got away in the first few months with getting a size up on baby #1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement