Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

No but not a million miles away. It was ridden in last years Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Big George Hincapi (sp?)??

;) Well done Hungrycol. Big George it is. Took this photo last Summer at the time trial in Cognac. Some beautiful TT machines on display that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

E@gle. wrote: »
    Flip it

What do this mean ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

What do this mean ??

It means turn it aorund so we can see the crankset and drivetrain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

E@gle. wrote: »
    It means turn it aorund so we can see the crankset and drivetrain.

Sorry - am with you now
    Will do !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

There, I flipped it for you :D
    How much of a mind-fcuk is that picture now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

this is my langster. 2003 model with look fork and mavic/systemEx wheels.

langsterls8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

niceonetom wrote: »

langsterls8.jpg

sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

langsterls8.jpg

Very nice. Is that Howth?

• Advertisement

Very nice. Is that Howth?

nope. wellington monument in the phoenix park. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

focus.jpg
    ^^arrived today, and goddamn she's pretty!

You will note however that the pedals are in the second, as yet undelivered parcel :( I may have to go out tomorrow buy the cheapest set of spd pedals I can find just so I can go for a spin!

veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy nice.

sharing your bed with it (sorry, her) is pushing it though ay?

can you not whip the pedals of the paddywagon for the time being?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

You will note however that the pedals are in the second, as yet undelivered parcel :( I may have to go out tomorrow buy the cheapest set of spd pedals I can find just so I can go for a spin!

I can lend you a pair if you like. Nice bike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

2414719734_3e32555cb6_b.jpg

Battaglin Vortex, with mainly Campag Record, Xero Lites, Deda Carbon bars, now, time to put some miles on it.....

veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy nice.

sharing your bed with it (sorry, her) is pushing it though ay?

can you not whip the pedals of the paddywagon for the time being?

Thankfully it's the spare bed :D

The pedals on the Paddywagon are far too crass for this lady!

If I don't get them tomorrow Raam, I may take you up on the offer!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lovely looking bike. The white bar tape looks the biz. Can empathise about the pedals. When I got my current steed I was sick as a dog with a stomach bug and couldn't ride it for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Bewteful! When mine arrived I was fairly drunk, so beer goggles made it so much better!

Yours is so much cleaner than mine though......:(

Enjoy man!

el tonto wrote: »
    Lovely looking bike. The white bar tape looks the biz. Can empathise about the pedals. When I got my current steed I was sick as a dog with a stomach bug and couldn't ride it for a week.

Yeah, I didn't think I'd like the white bar tape, or the white on the rear triangle, as well as the amount of graphics, but it looks much better in the flesh, and is sexy as hell!

The oval section top tube is also awesome :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

My Three Amigo's

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

gman2k wrote: »
    Battaglin Vortex, with mainly Campag Record, Xero Lites, Deda Carbon bars, now, time to put some miles on it.....

Nice bike. Haven't seem one of them around before. Where did you pick it up? Ceramica Panaria were riding those frames a while back. Looks like their colours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The pedals on the Paddywagon are far too crass for this lady!

Hey, those pedals are sound!
    If I don't get them tomorrow Raam, I may take you up on the offer!

Let me know, and I'll bring 'em into work tomorrow and we can organise something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

el tonto wrote: »
    Nice bike. Haven't seem one of them around before. Where did you pick it up? Ceramica Panaria were riding those frames a while back. Looks like their colours too.

My old mate ebay.... Got the frame and forks from chap in Italy, was a demo in a shop but was never sold or on the road, so picked me up a bargain!
    Frame was ridden by Panaria in 2004 - http://www.cyclingnews.com/teamtech04.php?id=tech/2004/probikes/panaria_battaglin2
    Not as light as a Scott CR1, but what is???? But I'm happy with 16lb at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

[^^arrived today, and goddamn she's pretty!

Whoooah! I'll say. She mighty fine.

I'll spare you any references about 'getting her into bed' as I see that's already happened...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cayo Pro 2008?, jebus thats nice!, no wonder your sleeping with her :p

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Cayo Pro 2008?, jebus thats nice!, no wonder your sleeping with her :p

It's not the Cayo (couldn't afford the carbon) -it's a Variado Expert

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its still a lovely piece of kit!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

gman2k wrote: »
    My old mate ebay.... Got the frame and forks from chap in Italy, was a demo in a shop but was never sold or on the road, so picked me up a bargain!
    Frame was ridden by Panaria in 2004 - http://www.cyclingnews.com/teamtech04.php?id=tech/2004/probikes/panaria_battaglin2
    Not as light as a Scott CR1, but what is???? But I'm happy with 16lb at the moment!
    Absolutely beautiful bike!!! Just a note to say Stephen Roche rode a Battaglin in 1987 when winning his famous triple of Tour, Giro and Worlds. Played a big part on putting this stylish company in the spotlight. Enjoy.

Lovely bike. Almost bought one mself but pushed the boat out and bought the Cayo 2008. Bikes on wiggle site look differnt in the flesh. This is my first carbon bike, v different to aluminium frame but not disappointed. Let me know how you like the Expert. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

My lot at the minute, Hopefully have a new roadie in the not too distant future!!

Advertisement