Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork City 6-a-side soccer, Thursday 7pm MOD NOTE 1st Post

• 23-05-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

MOD NOTE: Please do not quote the full posts of 12 players when responding too your availability lads. It makes reading through the thread longer then needed.Please take Cork Soccer SixaSide decision on all matters as final lads and if you have an issue feel free too PM me.Thanks lads.

Please don't confirm until you see your name in the 1-to-12 list. If your name is not on the list post 'available' and then if/when a place opens up your name will go on to the list and you will be prompted to 'confirm'.

That way I know that you know we're expecting you to be there and it takes the guesswork out of it for me.

Where and when do you want to play? 32 votes

Northside Monday
    0%
    Northside Thursday
    18%
    MushypandaboyCR 7LemagssbobFolester27 6 votes
    Southside Monday
    25%
    gimmickcrustyjugglerCR 7J BourkeSteelyDanJalapeno99corsaFolester27vlopes 8 votes
    Southside Thursday
    21%
    SkySterMushyArdennes1944hoodwinkedRon Burgundy IIlimnamKarl Stein 7 votes
    I dont mind where or when, I'll play.
    34%
    gimmickRed05crustyjugglerD'Aggerdol777ComeraghBluegrange machoodwinkedlimnamundertaker fan 88vlopes 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Southside Thursday
    Wheres the Poll? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Give it time, once you submit the thread you've to submit the poll....should be up now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Southside Thursday
    I gave you like 5 f5s dude....i need German efficiency! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I can do Thursday in either. Convenience would be Northside as the all weathers are about 1.5km from home.

Not being a diva here, but any later than 8 and I am out btw! 6.30 or 7.30 be the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pabloazazel

are the pitches very far from the city centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Southside Thursday
    are the pitches very far from the city centre?

I think its Bishopstown and Churchfield. Unless there are more I don't know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

I might make the odd Monday/Thursday depending.
    Early Monday evening 5.30 - 6 would be great or late Thursdays.

Mushy wrote: »
    I think its Bishopstown and Churchfield. Unless there are more I don't know of.

Loads of option for astro pitches.

Bishopstown - Leisureworld
    Ballincollig - Supernova
    Churchfield - Leisureworld
    Douglas - Astro Leagues, off the link on the Douglas exit on your immediate left
    Glanmire - SARS GAA
    Glen - Glen Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I wouldn't classify myself as being good but I play GAA so 'solid' seems like an apt term to use.

If you're stuck for numbers I can try make myself available but I've training Monday & Wednesday so Thurs would suit best.

Also, despite working across from Supernova I'm going to put it out there that Bishopstown is the best craic for games - sizes of goals & pitches are spot on for 5-a-side.

Southside on Thursday winning at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Southside Thursday
    Thursday would be better than Monday because if it became a regular thing you don't miss all the bank holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vlopes

I prefer on Thursday because I might be away on the Monday :D
    I live in Bishoptown so ideally prefer around my area too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Northside Thursday
    Anyone want to price Bishopstown for a Thurs evening/night?? So we can get the ball rolling?

http://bishopstown.leisureworldcork.com/index.cfm/page/pitches
    LeisureWorld Bishopstown have 4 all weather 7-a-side soccer pitches with flood lighting, changing / shower facilities, secure locker rooms and lots of free parking.

The astro turf pitches in Cork can be used by players of all ages and can cater for the likes of sports clubs, company teams and local groups.

Adults €66 (after 4pm Monday to Thursday)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

There's also astro pitches in Highfield and St Finbarrs GAA and Nemo for cheaper .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lesiureworld have the best pitches, but €66 is a joke given the state of the nest etc. I hark to the days when it was €40 at peak times.

I've a tendency to wear boots on astros, well moulded studs as I gave up on buying astro/indoor runners as they werent as long as boots, and in that regard the bishopstown pitchs are poor, the newer astros around the place are better for that type of footwear and allow more of the stud into the astro.

Just a little pet hate of mine, oh and I know the majority of the places say dont wear moulded studs, thats more to do with you injuring someone then the surfaces able to handle it.

Re the price, it is a joke really.

If it was in Bishopstown ideally youd want 6 really.

A) the pitches are to big, IMO, for 5 v 5
    B) the price

If we got 12 we could charge 6e each and build up a kitty for balls, bibs and the odd free game once the pot went up if it was played reguarly.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pabloazazel

what do you think about these pitches??

http://www.sportsmanager.ie/cake/gaa2/glencentre/contentPage/77873

I have played several times and they are pretty well

Ya they're good pitches but the winning the voting is Southside on a Thursday at the moment.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've a tendency to wear boots on astros, well moulded studs as I gave up on buying astro/indoor runners as they werent as long as boots, and in that regard the bishopstown pitchs are poor, the newer astros around the place are better for that type of footwear and allow more of the stud into the astro.

Just a little pet hate of mine, oh and I know the majority of the places say dont wear moulded studs, thats more to do with you injuring someone then the surfaces able to handle it.

I don't mind people wearing boots on astros until you get an unintentional follow through or high boot - so I guess it would have to be universal with everybody playing that they're okay to wear.....that way if you do get a nick it's your own fault :pac:

Also - I've an orange nike PL ball which I rarely use and would be willing to donate to avoid costs. After that I don't think bibs would work out too expensive and you can just organize reds vs. blues until then I guess?

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    I don't mind people wearing boots on astros until you get an unintentional follow through or high boot - so I guess it would have to be universal with everybody playing that they're okay to wear.....that way if you do get a nick it's your own fault :pac:

Also - I've an orange nike PL ball which I rarely use and would be willing to donate to avoid costs. After that I don't think bibs would work out too expensive and you can just organize reds vs. blues until then I guess?

I've a brand new Nike ball somewhere too and I rarely raise my boot and never dive in, unless ya want a skin graft afterwards. :pac:

I've a brand new Nike ball somewhere too and I rarely raise my boot and never dive in, unless ya want a skin graft afterwards. :pac:
    One of your heroes is John Terry....I'll believe it when I see it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Northside Thursday
    I've a tendency to wear boots on astros, well moulded studs as I gave up on buying astro/indoor runners as they werent as long as boots,..

Just a little pet hate of mine,
    This is a pet hate of mine. Even if you don't have a tendancy to dive in there will still be occasions when you will injure someone where you otherwise would not have.

6 years of wearing them on different astros and I've never made contact with anyone, let alone injure them, only person I've injured is me, kicking my own heel opened up a tiny cut while trying do a stupid Neymar-esque flick.

If it was Bishopstown I wouldnt wear boots anyway, pitches arent good enough for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

There's also astro pitches in Highfield and St Finbarrs GAA and Nemo for cheaper .

I'd also recommend the Highfield one. I use it regularly and it's cheaper(€50) and better quality than Bishopstown.

Highfields pitch is out the Model Farm road isnt it?

Northside Thursday
    Highfields pitch is out the Model Farm road isnt it?

Yep turn left at "The Rendevous"

Could be a bit far out for people though but the 50Euro is a lot better then the 66Euro at the further out Bishopstown.

Northside Thursday
    Could be a bit far out for people though but the 50Euro is a lot better then the 66Euro at the further out Bishopstown.

Sure in terms of proximity to the city centre where would be closer on the southside? Nemo would be similar distance I reckon.....

• Advertisement

I'm npt pushed where it is really, I'll be coming from Mahon so I'll have to get on the Link to get to nearly all the pitches other then Douglas ones.

Advertisement