Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

witamy!

• 05-06-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭asgaard

Hello everyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Teacher, Irish, learning Polish in evening classes. Aiming for B1 exam next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Teacher, Irish, learning Polish in evening classes. Not quite ready for B1 yet, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Johnny_Trotter

Irish, living in Kraków and just finished a beginners class last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Cześć everyone.

Irish, just finished FETAC intermediate Polish.

Not sure if I'll go on to do the Advanced as I dont think my Polish is up to it and I found last year it took up a lot of my time. Will do it at some point.

Suffer from not conversing in it regularly....

• Advertisement

Ah I dont intend to stop learning it. My OH is Polish so I'll keep on trying. Just haven't got the time to commit to it this year and to be honest I dont fancy moving on to a higher level cos I dont think my Polish is up to it.

I'll go back to do the advanced at some stage I suppose but want to brush up on what I've learned, or what I'm supposed to have learn at this stage before I move on.

Finished intermediate, and probably passed it well, but dont think my Polish is anywhere near intermediate standard. Find it hard to converse beyond a few sentences or saying a few pre-prepared things when I go to Poland and can only pick out words here and there when I listen to Polish people talking.

Find that the FETAC thing is like how languages were taught at school- learning to pass an exam, which is disappointing as I only started doing it cos I wanted to learn how to speak the language and dont care about getting certificates in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kamchatka1

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to get a FETAC qualification in Polish by taking private one-on-one lessons , or do you need to have attended a recognized course to sit the exams?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sparkicus

I’m not sure you can get a recognised FETAC certificate in one-on-one private lessons. As far as I am aware you need to have a registered course but you should contact FETAC on http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/feedbackForm.do and ask them. Language schools need to be registered with qualifax.

Ya I'm fairly sure that your teacher/tutor would have to be registered with them....

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Hi All,

I'm 27 and have been studying Polish on and off for 3 years. I've been attending the Trinity College evening course for the last two years. In theory I am at intermediate level, however I feel like an experienced beginner . . . .

Conor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Hi all,

I'm from Dublin and lucky enough to have married a beautiful Lady from Legionowo, Poland. We have been living In Dublin for 6 years and she is an interpreter/Translator and Polish/English teacher.

Been to Poland many many times, and had a Polish traditional wedding in 2008.
    If anybody needs any info, advice or just gossip, feel free to reply here.
    Some links.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legionowo
    My favourite place in Poland
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakopane
    Poland's Rugby fans site.
    http://www.rugbypolska.pl/userblog,928.html

A visit to northern Poland in 2008.
    Malbork Castle and the Grunwald monument.

04%20Malbork.JPG
    01%20Pola%20Grunwaldu.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Hi.

Im a lucky girl. Im going on holiday to Krakow in July with my husband and friends who are from Krakow.

I want to learn a bit of basic Polish so I can get the most from the holiday. Im sure my friends will be supportive in my quest.

I think maybe with some language cd's and some help from my friends, I should get by. I learned some German before holidaying in Austria a few years ago and Italian for a holiday in Sorrento.

However Polish is probably more difficult.

Wish me luck guys!

All the best

Rockery Woman

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

Hello everybodyI'm Marcin I'm in Ireland since 2004 If you need some advice about my natvie language feel free to reply, or pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Czesc :)

Was going out with a Polish girl years ago and taught myself, used to speak it quite well.
    Still speak it most days the gym, but Russian has been my priority for the last few years so forgotten a lot at this stage.

Prefer not to forget anymore tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭daithi55

hi im david with my polish girlfriend 3 years getting married in august
    hve a good bit of polish but getting it together is the head part lol

saying that im like shakespear when ive a few vodkas in me

ws learning a lot of polish when she lived with her friends
    but since we got our own place its harder to improve
    only when im in poland is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Cześć,

I spent a little time living in Poland and want to improve my Polish language skills for future trips, for potentially going back there to live again and because I feel ashamed of being monolingual. I also want to spend time hitchhiking around the Balkans and a good grounding in one Slavic language will be extremely useful to me there.

Finding classes in Cork however is tough, or the people want stupid money for it - money which I do not have. I can function to a low level in Polish, but with terrible grammar and small vocabulary. I'm still a beginner but have been trying to teach myself through both textbooks and speaking with a couple of Polish friends I have here. Not having classes allows my laziness to fight against me though, and it is winning and hindering my progress. If any Poles want in Cork want to contact me, please feel free! :)

Na razie!

:D

Advertisement