Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

massy086 wrote: »
    probably only 3

Only 3 can and will unlock iPhone 5s.if that not an option get your girlfriend to switch over was with 3 my self for years never had any problems only changed due to company' issued new iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Thanks lads, I found this site; https://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/ that says they can unlock it for around £20? Might give that a go, I've requested the unlock code from three but I don't think they'll give it to me when my contracts not up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

I would chuck that web site address into this first

http://www.scamadviser.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Does anyone know a reliable eBay seller for unlocking an AT&T iphone 5s for a friend? I used one before that unlocked it as soon as it was connected to iTunes but they don't seem to be in business anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just look for one with lots of good feedback and you should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

zwitek wrote: »
    Does 3.ie unlocks iphones upon requests? what is the story with this network. I bought iphone 6 locked with this network and would like to unlock it. Appreciate any advise.

If it's on contract they will only Ever deal with the original owner too for an unlock request

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Has anyone unlocked their 6? I've been quoted €30 in one of the unlocking shops but would be worried that id lose the unlock with future updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 feeditout

CFC007 wrote: »
    Has anyone unlocked their 6? I've been quoted €30 in one of the unlocking shops but would be worried that id lose the unlock with future updates.

Have you contacted your provider to see if they will unlock for free?

Yeah they won't till I've reached €150 in credit.
    feeditout wrote: »
    Have you contacted your provider to see if they will unlock for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

What network are you?

• Advertisement

O2 prepay.
    mcw92 wrote: »
    What network are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

O2 prepay.

€20 Factory Unlock. Take around 3-5 days i reckon(He says 1-10). eBay seller with good feedback.

I ordered an AT&T unlock of eBay before, took 2 working days. Has been perfect since(5 Months later.)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 feeditout

Ouch, have you looked considered jailbreaking:
    Evasi0n Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 6 is floating around and Might be promising!!!
    Its been awhile since I've jailbroken an iphone so maybe another board member might be able to shed some light on it.

feeditout wrote: »
    Ouch, have you looked considered jailbreaking:
    Evasi0n Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 6 is floating around and Might be promising!!!
    Its been awhile since I've jailbroken an iphone so maybe another board member might be able to shed some light on it.
    I doubt you will ever see a software unlock on an iPhone again. They haven't been able to do it since iOS 4 on the iPhone 4. 4.1 broke the unlock and it hasn't worked since.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Hi I have a iphone 3G , can't get FaceTime on it as it needs the latest updates but phone only updates to 106 or something can I do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Hi I have a iphone 3G , can't get FaceTime on it as it needs the latest updates but phone only updates to 106 or something can I do it ?

iPhone 3G doesn't even have a front camera so I'm not sure how you'd expect FaceTime to work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nothing you can do. 3G cannot be updated, and even if it could the phone cannot handle the requirements of the new software. If you need the new functionalities you also need a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Any IOS8 JB confirmed yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Got an IPhone 5C from my sister in law it's locked by 3 network and she is still in a contract with 3, they won't unlock it. I am with Vodafone Bill Pay is there any way I can get the phone unlocked. I rang mobile phone unlocking shop in Cork and he charges €100 to unlock from 3 network which seems a bit steep. Anyone any advice please, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

amber2 wrote: »
    Got an IPhone 5C from my sister in law it's locked by 3 network and she is still in a contract with 3, they won't unlock it. I am with Vodafone Bill Pay is there any way I can get the phone unlocked. I rang mobile phone unlocking shop in Cork and he charges €100 to unlock from 3 network which seems a bit steep. Anyone any advice please, thanks.
    nope, your account with VF will not help here. It has to be 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Hi sorry if this has been asked before.
    I've an iPhone 4S, and for the last while it won't play certain videos.
    It will play videos on YouTube and such, and then when I press play on other videos, a line goes across the play symbol.

Any ideas what's up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Hi sorry if this has been asked before.
    I've an iPhone 4S, and for the last while it won't play certain videos.
    It will play videos on YouTube and such, and then when I press play on other videos, a line goes across the play symbol.

Any ideas what's up?

That happens with flash videos that are not compatible. Youtube and some other sites have HTML5, but the majority don't yet so are not comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jpb55

I recently and stupidly bought a used MacBook which I seen working perfectly. 2 days later as I'm just getting the hang of Apple life I connect to wifi and boom. It go's into lost my MacBook recovery mode, what are my options for getting it going again? New hard drive? Bring into laptop repair shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Jpb55 wrote: »
    I recently and stupidly bought a used MacBook which I seen working perfectly. 2 days later as I'm just getting the hang of Apple life I connect to wifi and boom. It go's into lost my MacBook recovery mode, what are my options for getting it going again? New hard drive? Bring into laptop repair shop?[try return it to who ever owns it.

massy086 wrote: »
    Jpb55 wrote: »
    I recently and stupidly bought a used MacBook which I seen working perfectly. 2 days later as I'm just getting the hang of Apple life I connect to wifi and boom. It go's into lost my MacBook recovery mode, what are my options for getting it going again? New hard drive? Bring into laptop repair shop?[try return it to who ever owns it.

If you don't have anything informative to say your best not saying anything, I'm just looking for a bit of advice on fixing the problem

You won't get it here so quit while you're ahead.

guil wrote: »
    You won't get it here so quit while you're ahead.

Is that not what forums like this are for?

I've purchased this and there's an error that I'm looking for assistance on. There's no need to jump to conclusions

The only one that can help you is the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

The only "error" here is that you bought a stolen laptop. Stop trying to pretend anything other than this. Bring it to your local Garda station and in future be more careful buying second hand laptops

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    The only one that can help you is the seller.

Unfortunately that's not possible now, plus due to the reason I'm in this situation Id question his honesty, well if anyone has any assistance I'd appriciat it, here or through a private email, thanks

Advertisement