Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Source for genuine 4S batteries?

• 18-03-2014 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I've my 4S a long time now and thinking of replacing the battery myself. However, I wonder where one can source legit batteries? I note a lot of fake "high capacity" batteries being sold, which is just a gold sticker covering the _actual_ ampage. Some sites claim they sell batteries extracted from brand new iPhones, but that sounds a bit odd - how can that make sense financially??

P.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭The lips

oceanclub wrote: »
    I've my 4S a long time now and thinking of replacing the battery myself. However, I wonder where one can source legit batteries? I note a lot of fake "high capacity" batteries being sold, which is just a gold sticker covering the _actual_ ampage. Some sites claim they sell batteries extracted from brand new iPhones, but that sounds a bit odd - how can that make sense financially??

P.

syncron.ie based in blanchardstown, never let me down before.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

syncron.ie they don't sell genuine parts

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I have also used syncron before good service, however can't imagine they are 'genuine' as Apple would only sell these to Service Providers and would not be for resale, which is why that place you mention which extract batteries would prob be the only place for 'genuine' ones.

The stuff I have got form syncron.ie was more high quality Chinese replicas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

brav wrote: »
    I have also used syncron before good service, however can't imagine they are 'genuine' as Apple would only sell these to Service Providers and would not be for resale, which is why that place you mention which extract batteries would prob be the only place for 'genuine' ones.

The stuff I have got form syncron.ie was more high quality Chinese replicas

Is it actually worth worrying about whether they're "genuine" (as in, Apple-branded) if they're high quality and/or sourced from the same manufacturers?

P.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

Very hard to get genuine parts for iphone unless you send your phone to apple for repair, will end up costing an arm and a leg, you could try these had few repairs done by them or you can buy parts and fix yourself. http://www.appleservice.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ok, but has anyone any experience of these batteries?

My own 4s battery is driving my crazy. Rapidly depleting at 20%, full charge barely lasting 7-8 hours etc.

Would a replacement by a normal shop in Dublin give me a decent safe battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

I've bought iPhone 4 batteries on two separate occasions from Amazon - one for myself, one for a friend

Specifically - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jazooli-Replacement-Capacity-iPhone-Included/dp/B004ICENQI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1395157480&sr=8-5&keywords=iphone+4+battery

Works great for the last 5 months. Easy to swap out. Don't regret it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I've bought iPhone 4 batteries on two separate occasions from Amazon - one for myself, one for a friend

Specifically - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jazooli-Replacement-Capacity-iPhone-Included/dp/B004ICENQI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1395157480&sr=8-5&keywords=iphone+4+battery

Works great for the last 5 months. Easy to swap out. Don't regret it at all.

There's quite a lot of 1-star reviews for that particular model:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B004ICENQI/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

ha ha - fair point. Most (not all) of the negative reviews appear to be about the tools supplied - rather than the battery.

I'm just going on personal experience, which was good in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I bought a few cheap ones on ebay, no issues what so ever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement