Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Grey?

• 16-07-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Now I know it hasn't been confirmed and the last time I went looking Game Freak said they had no plans on making a Pokémon Grey.

But if I had to guess I'd say they will make one, and that it will probably be released around March/April of next year. What say ye?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I hope it's 3d, it's probably not going to be 3d...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rendeva

I don't know if Black and White need a third game. I mean this is the first time they've released a main series game at the end of a consoles lifespan, and theirs not really a huge ammount that can be done to improve it.

Just comparing with Platinum which added like 50 new pokemon before the league, along with many other things, I don't know if Grey could be as big an improvement. Unless it's in 3D... It probably won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Rendeva wrote: »
    I don't know if Black and White need a third game. I mean this is the first time they've released a main series game at the end of a consoles lifespan, and theirs not really a huge ammount that can be done to improve

They released both Crystal and Emerald before the release of a new console as far as I can remember. Also They could do what they did in Platinum and expand the story somewhat.

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    Also They could do what they did in Platinum and expand the story somewhat.

Definitely plenty of room for improvement in the black and white story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

They could give Kyruem a proper backstory. I like the 'original dragon's dead body' hypothesis.

• Advertisement

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    They released both Crystal and Emerald before the release of a new console as far as I can remember. Also They could do what they did in Platinum and expand the story somewhat.

That was BEFORE the release of a new console not AFTER. 3DS is already out so if they make Grey it will probably be for the 3DS which would be a first, as all trio's were on the same consoles.

However if they do, they will definitely expand on the story, like a rematch with Gestahl, etc. I just don't think the leap from B/W to Grey would be as great as D/P to Platinum.

However if they do, they will definitely expand on the story, like a rematch with Gestahl, etc. I just don't think the leap from B/W to Grey would be as great as D/P to Platinum.

Gestahl? From Final Fantasy? That'd definitely be a first :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I hope we get Grey, it almost seems some areas like the bridge to Castelia City were designed for 3DS. There's room for a HGSS-style safari zone, an expanded battle subway, battles with the sages (they seemed so pointless), gym leader rematchs, probably an alternate form for Kyurem with added backstory.. I can see it happening.

Urizen wrote: »
    Gestahl? From Final Fantasy? That'd definitely be a first :P

Sorry, I meant Ghetsis. Been replaying FF6 recently, so its stuck in my head. On the bright side, just at the opera scene :D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Sorry, I meant Ghetsis. Been replaying FF6 recently, so its stuck in my head. On the bright side, just at the opera scene :D

Opera scene rocks! Kinda hoping there isn't a Grey and they get straight to Gen III remakes. I never got to go thru Hoenn cos i stopped playing for a while and the Ruby AND Emerald I got on eBay are totally gay and the batteries are dead, resulting in corrupted saves constantly! Plus people say Hoenn was pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd hope the make use of DSi / 3DS functionality, have downloadable applications that - like the PokeTransfer client-side app - can edit your save to allow you to remove 'Mon from your game (and put them back); Obviously you'd have to have the obligatory storage expansion, but also
    • Pokésoccer - where fast 'mon make good wingers, defensive mon play at the back, kadabras can teleport the ball into the goal etc etc
    • Pokémon Tower Defense. Oh please please please make it official
    • Montal Pokombat - Let's take the Smash Bros approach to battling one step further... Finish him! <Pika PEEEEEKAAAAAAAAAA! Kabooom!>
    • Pokéorgy Island - you put 4 Males, 4 females and a ditto on the island, play some feeble management sim to enhance their mood, then watch the eggs flow. Recover them through a Gatcha machine. Score.
    • PokéInk Studio - because sometimes changing their name is not personal enough, you want to brand the little buggers :)

Ah there's any number of minigames and cosmetic enhancements you could port them into, where the various moves could be re-imagined, creating new desirable moveset combos to breed for, new learning opportunities, ribbons to win, prizes to carry back to the mother game etc, and all in the name of pimping your Trainer Card which would be linked to everything and synched on your DSi/3DS and the official web page.

Is there any confirmation on the Gen III remakes?

I would say there's about an 85% chance of R/S remakes (I gave HG and SS a 99% because I knew it would happen.) I couldn't guarantee it, but it's still quite likely.

The problem I have is that Gen 1 was remade in Gen 3. They may well remake Gen 1 at the same time, by this logic.

Urizen wrote: »
    The problem I have is that Gen 1 was remade in Gen 3. They may well remake Gen 1 at the same time, by this logic.

There's going to be ridiculos titles for those "Volcano fire red" and "Forest leaf green" :rolleyes:

They wont remake red and blue for a while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

They wont remake red and blue for a while at least.

2015, or thereabouts I'd say. I don't know if I'd like R/S/E to get a revisit, I mean the originals are still technically compatible with Gen V, even if it's really convoluted.

OCD fanboy in me want Gen I to re-appear in some form, just so it can keep its streak of appearing in every GEN, one form or another.

I'm really excited for Gen 3 remakes. I can see them making something really cool with all Berry stuff that was in those games and applying it to Streetpass and stuff.

Advertisement