Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Making friends in the city

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

i propose bowling! :) been a few times before and its great craic! how does monday the 28th suit people???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'll be out of the country for work but have a ball guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Not really into the whole bowling thing, I'd love to go along anytime a different activity is organised though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

If I'm not on a late I would be up for it. Will have to wait for my roster to go up in work.

well if anyone has any other suggestions i just put it out there :)

• Advertisement

Oh no bowling always seems to be a winner with boardsies so I'd say you'll get loads of interest, just not too into it anymore myself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

cool sounds like fun

• Registered Users Posts: 43 restartagain

28th sounds good, never been bowling but I'll give it a try. What time do you suggest?

maybe around 8? gives people a chance to finish work etc theres a place in galway city and one in oranmore. oranmore is usually quieter but has no bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 restartagain

Either one is fine with me - look forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

See I knew when I proposed Bowling it would be agreed on! I just didnt set a date! :p 28th is cool with me.

Yeah yeah your always right huh Steyr?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bunty

Hey hey, glad to hear I'm not the only blow-in outside the Galway city limits finding it hard to meet new people! As I'm up near headford as well gonna get in touch with libbyw n blackeyes, see if we can't get a group of ladies together for the odd coffee/vino gathering :)

If anyone else is lurking from north east galway get in touch, don't be shy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Is the OP still involved in this?

I think i'd give bowling a try...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭christinab89

hey sorry guys iv been missing from this tread for awhile... but i want you all to know that im totally up for ANYTHING... bowling, cinema , drinks night, lunch... anything... :):) so whats the plans for this week??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Alas can't go on Mondays, but am usually free any other days if there's anything else on. :) Can any-one think of any other suggestions for things to do? :)

I'd be totally up for lunch/dinner/coffee type things, I live outside the city so wouldn't be up for big drinking nights as getting home would be a nightmare, so if you're ever interested in something like that count me in! :) I'm free weekends and most evenings :)

BUMP

Ok so Bowling on Monday possibly? All interested say I!

I :)

well i guess im still in seen as it was my idea despite Steyr trying to take the glory :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

hey sorry guys iv been missing from this tread for awhile... but i want you all to know that im totally up for ANYTHING... bowling, cinema , drinks night, lunch... anything... :):) so whats the plans for this week??

up for ANYTHING eh? Sorry but I'd regret it if I didn't respond to that!

I'll have to give it a miss I'm afraid, this time anyway

where abouts are we going bowling monday?? theres a bowling centre in oranmore, if thats ok with everyone?:D

sounds good to me :) how does 8 suit people?

I was thinking the bowling in the Center across from the Omniplex in the City. Near Tesco.

well either suits me really so fight amongst yourselves :)

Omniplex will suit me too aswell

iv nooo idea where that is lol... so people will need to direct me... i said oranmore cuz its handy for me HEHE...:P:P

This is it here:

In Galway City, Galway Shopping Centre on the Headford Road.

The Bowling Alley is in The Complex that also has a "Subway" inside it in the RED BOX, Tesco 24hrs is to the left in this image, The YELLOW BOX is Dunnes Stores Terryland, At the bottom of the image below the RED BOX is The Galway City Omniplex.

0E02216495714AE3A9F85E0D975B9A47-0000336624-0002233075-00800L-524796B6F3804B1A85696E7EC6C2413C.bmp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Headford Rd Roundabout looks so simple & calm in that photo, not an inkling of the chaos that usually goes on there!

• Advertisement

So...........

MONDAY NIGHT 8PM Yes?????????????

PM me whoever wants to go.

Advertisement