Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

anyone out on 15th of feb?

• 27-01-2011 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

well its nearly here the start of a new trout season:D happy days!!!
    anyone headin out on the 15th feb??? thinkin of mask, not sure how it fishes this early, lough ree doesnt open till march the 1st will DEF be out on that day!!! tight lines everyone and safe fishing!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

I moved to Carlow/Kilkenny before Xmas, so I have no idea of the local rivers....

In saying that I bought Rivers of Ireland by Peter O'Reilly, so that should give me a good insight into the local rivers.

A day on the River Nore would be nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

When does the tolka open again does anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

tolka re-opens paddys day with a competition. i'd stear clear of it tho, generally kids and its a kin to stockie bashing due to the fact that they stock the river about a week before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

I'll be fishing the River Funchion, a tributary of the Cork Blackwater, on the 15th. The last two years there was decent hatches of large dark olives on opening day I was catching trout on dries.

okedoke

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

Corrib will be just trolling in freezing temps as usual. torture, freezing water, cold seats, cold hands, nothing doing fish wise.....
    But I will be out of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thekevin4540

does any one know if the river Lee is any good at the start of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bobsoice23

I'll be down the angler's rest anyway..here's hoping :D

Advertisement