Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Redundancy questions

Options
  • 18-08-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Hoping somebody might be able to advise me.

Am going through restructuring/redundancy process at the moment. If my current role is partially field-based and comes with a company car, can my employer leave my job title the same but change my role to fully office-based (without company car) without offering compensation/redundancy?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If the role is substantially different, then it could be seen as a potential redundancy situation.

However, in a redundancy situation, they can offer you an alternative role. If that role does not have a reduction in status or benefits and you refuse it, then it's possible that you would forfeit any package (link).

If it's just the location that is different, then it's hard to argue it's a different role; unless your contract is specific about being field based. What happens with the company car thing might come down to your contract of employment.

None of this is legal advice of course.

Advertisement