Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Wars is crap

• 04-05-2012 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So the sci fi geeks are having their big day again apparently.

"May the fourth be with you" and other nerdy word plays are popping up all over the place but does anyone else think it's a load of old bollox?

Do you like Star Wars? 292 votes

Yes! Bend me over and call me Luke/Leia
    0%
    No. Get a life nerds
    56%
    Mr.ApplepieCiaranCKintarō Hattori120_MinutesSpearsuper_furrySwampychrismondr strangeloveSkerrieshardCopytoxofGurgleShiverinEskimoBizzyCghostchantFGRchopperbyrnedavetheraveMadPatrick 164 votes
    Atari. References to old consoles matter more to me
    43%
    gandalfZascarStarkpickarooneyNyum NyumparasiteBadly Drunk BoyKingp35markpbrain onDub13[Deleted User]Nasty_GirlWibbsup for anythinghomerjay2005Zebra3smashPaparazzoJesus Wept 128 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Xavi6 wrote: »
    but does anyone else think it's a load of old bollox?

Yes, me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

No. Get a life nerds
    What a brand new and controversial opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

And you have no big day. Aw. Poor you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

So if I say yes in this poll I am saying I like Star Wars and want to have someone put their penis up my bum but if I say no I think people who do like it are nerds? Also if I chose the normally neutral response of Atari Jaguar I am not neutral but in fact prefer obsolete games consoles to Star Wars?

I'm sure your poll will result in a non-biased accurate response to how people feel about the movies.

I didn't vote but I loved the original 3 movies but hate the new movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

endacl wrote: »
    And you have no big day. Aw. Poor you...

To coin a joke used on International Womens Day, I have all the rest.
    Doc wrote: »
    So if I say yes in this poll I am saying I like Star Wars and want to have someone put their penis up my bum but if I say no I think people who do like it are nerds? Also if I chose the normally neutral response of Atari Jaguar I am not neutral but in fact prefer obsolete games consoles to Star Wars?

I'm sure your poll will result in a non-biased accurate response to how people feel about the movies.

Loaded polls ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You know what else is crap? The Big Lebowski! I seriously think people only like this movie because they think other people do and they feel they should!

"The Dude abides.......". The Dude can suck my balls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

let the atari be with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭NakedNNettles

MrStuffins wrote: »
    they think other people do

Other people do.

Different folks, different strokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

You know what else is crap? The Big Lebowski! I seriously think people only like this movie because they think other people do and they feel they should!

"The Dude abides.......". The Dude can suck my balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's complete gash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

they were good movies, the early ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

No. Get a life nerds
    i remember the internet was for nerds, now they let any old idiot on it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Other people do.

Different folks, different strokes.

Yeah, it's always other people though right?

And people who like it like it because those other people do. It's a terrible movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Never seen any of them due to people wrecking my head about them, know most if not all the entire story due to parodies which were stupid too,except for Family Guys ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Yeah, it's always other people though right?

And people who like it like it because those other people do. It's a terrible movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

OP is really getting the hang of surfing the culture wave. Everyone should know that he's also started disliking zombies and bacon but that The Big Labowski is still way cool.

If you wanna be more like the dude, let people have their silly day without you outputting all this negativity, maaaaaaaaaaaan.

OP is really getting the hang of surfing the culture wave. Everyone should know that he's also started disliking zombies and bacon but that The Big Labowski is still way cool.

If you wanna be more like the dude, let people have their silly day without you outputting all this negativity, maaaaaaaaaaaan.

Observation fail. Watched the Big Lebowski for the first time last month and thought it was shit.

Better luck next time maaaaaan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

No. Get a life nerds
    My favourite scene from Star Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Observation fail. Watched the Big Lebowski for the first time last month and thought it was shit.

Better luck next time maaaaaan.

Hey, hey you! It's going 7 in the morning and I took the time to bump your thread with a sardonic reply, I could be studying for that test I have in two hours! You should thank me buddy, guy!

How can you not like TBL? literally a magical movie right there. I see you like football though, that's ****e! Ha, nailed you after all :cool:

Hey, hey you! It's going 7 in the morning and I took the time to bump your thread with a sardonic reply, I could be studying for that test I have in two hours! You should thank me buddy, guy!

How can you not like TBL? literally a magical movie right there. I see you like football though, that's ****e! Ha, nailed you after all :cool:

You should be thanking me for giving you a distraction from that awful study dude.

And football, like, rulez, mmmkay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

"May the fourth be with you" and other nerdy word plays are popping up all over the place but does anyone else think it's a load of old bollox?

34,000 + posts on an internet forum... Let's not kid ourselves, we're all geeks and nerds!

Oh, and Star Wars was awesome until ruined by it's own creators with shoite prequels and endless digital add ons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

For the last 30 odd years ever since as a child sitting in the front row of the cinema and watching that opening scene with the Empire ship flying overhead, Star Wars (ep 4) has had a place in my heart.
    Though it's a bit dated now and has quite a few goofs I still watch it the odd time if it's on telly, and it always brings back memories of its sheer mindblowingness to a young kid from rural Cork in 1978. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gerbo

For the last 30 odd years ever since as a child sitting in the front row of the cinema and watching that opening scene with the Empire ship flying overhead, Star Wars (ep 4) has had a place in my heart.
    Though it's a bit dated now and has quite a few goofs I still watch it the odd time if it's on telly, and it always brings back memories of its sheer mindblowingness to a young kid from rural Cork in 1978. :)

This is the point, if you didn't see these films in the 70's and 80's you are never going to fully get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Tinley Ancient Stand-in

To coin a joke used on International Womens Day, I have all the rest.

Even Mother's Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

No. Get a life nerds
    The original movie changed movies forever, not all of those changes were good (mass merchandising movies) but without Star Wars we wouldnt have Pixar, or ILM, or THX sound, or Lucasarts games.

The prequels are sh1te though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

IM0 wrote: »
    they were good movies, the early ones.
    Well the first one was a breath of fresh air. CG below sums it up perfectly.
    +1 There was an urban Dublin kid right there with ya. :)

It was an amazing kids adventure movie. Kids, not podgy 35 year olds with light sabre collections. The second one was a good un. Best of the series as a film. The third was a steaming pile of shíte, rattled out to wrap things up. The prequels are technically brilliant, but story wise pretty shíte. Rotten dialogue.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Star Wars, Trek, Harry Potter, all dorky cults.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

NothingMan wrote: »
    34,000 + posts on an internet forum... Let's not kid ourselves, we're all geeks and nerds!
    Exactly! I hate the way some nerds on here think they're not nerds. You bloody are. Star wars or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It has to be said that Star Wars, and everything about it, is the biggest load of bollocks the world has ever known. It could have been worse though, it could have been a series of musicals.

Advertisement