Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pyro's €1k to €10k challenge

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,701 ✭✭✭x PyRo

The overs bet came in. :) Chugging along nicely. It's a slow process but will hopefully be worth it.

Bank - €1,522.50c (+€522.50c)

Bets - 66
    Wins - 15
    SR - 22.7%
    Staked - €1353.92c
    Returned - €1876.42c
    ROI - 38.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

x PyRo wrote: »
    The overs bet came in. :) Chugging along nicely. It's a slow process but will hopefully be worth it.

Bank - €1,522.50c (+€522.50c)

Bets - 66
    Wins - 15
    SR - 22.7%
    Staked - €1353.92c
    Returned - €1876.42c
    ROI - 38.5%
    Your doing well maybe I should just give up thinking for myself and follow you :D

I definitely wouldn't be doing that! :pac: I'm going through an awful spell at the moment but just not in this thread thank God. The football bets have been the saviour of late. Pity my horses are turning into donkeys. Cheers for the comment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I definitely wouldn't be doing that! :pac: I'm going through an awful spell at the moment but just not in this thread thank God. The football bets have been the saviour of late. Pity my horses are turning into donkeys. Cheers for the comment though.
    Im guessing your looking forward to the flat season coming back then. I know I am I found it much easier to predict than the racing these days :(

Looking forward to it would be an understatement. I'm absolutely chomping at the bit! Can't come soon enough. I'm not a NH man at all and I can't wait to get backing animals just running on turf, minus any jumping. I find form stacks up a lot more on the flat, which is why I do well on it. I miss too many things with animals over obstacles, as there seems to be far more reasons why they'll be beaten by such a long way, then run a lot better next time out. I might get alright at it in time but I doubt it. Tis no fun for me.

• Advertisement

Bolton vs Everton - €50 @ 9/5 (Bet365)

Bolton aren't in great form of late but surely this price is significantly too big for the home side, who are long overdue a hot streak. Their home form is good, Everton's away form ain't great and I think they'll struggle for goals with Saha out. Rodwell missing also, which doesn't help. I think Bolton are definitely a value price here and worth taking a chance on.

Mark Davies (Bolton) to score first - €10 @ 20/1 (Betfred*)

Mark Davies to score anytime - €12.50c @ 8/1 (Unibet)

Both severely overpriced assuming he starts (FGS bet void if he doesn't start and first goal scored before he comes on). He's an attacking midfielder who seems to pop up in the right place at the right time every now and again. Worth a shout.

*Some 'double delight' special attached to Betfred. Double odds if he score first and then again, treble odds for a hat-trick.

Thought all bookies had stopped doing that.

+€67.50 after Bolton win 2-0.

Davies had no chances but Everton being awful meant my main one came in.

Max bet is now €100.

Over 2.5 goals : AC Milan vs Tottenham - €100 @ 2.00 (Betfair)

Every single Spurs game has gone over 2.5 in the CL and I think that'll continue. They just don't defend well in Europe, or the PL for that matter. I think this is potentially the bet of the night and it's severely overpriced. Fingers crossed for lots of William Gallas mistakes!

God damn Spurs and their goalkeeper! Could of been a few goals but alas, it was only 1-0.

Crazy bet for lols.

Robin Van Persie to score a hat-trick - €10 @ 66/1 (PaddyPower)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

You took the piss out of me going for -1.

And you're going for this.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Crazy bet for lols.

Robin Van Persie to score a hat-trick - €10 @ 66/1 (PaddyPower)

That truly is mad! Who was the last one to get a European hat-trick?! Barca have conceded 12 goals in 20+ matches in La Liga!

Now that i've said that.....chalk up +€660 :D

Keep the jinxing going lads, I'm loving it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sure he's only ever scored one hattrick in his career, he'll never get one tonight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Good log mate, you do very well out of the football bets. I would be interested to see your winnings without the horses. For me horses are a lottery, especially if you back them on a consistent basis. A good tip every so often can make you money but backing them regularly just doesn't add up. Are you using real money with your bets?

Cheers Toby, haven't done anything with it recently as I've been busy enough with different things but should get it up and running again soon.

In here I'd say it'd be much better profit wise without the horses but in all my gambling, horses are by far and away my most profitable thing. Although since the flat has ended so has the making profit. It's not long until the flat's back so there'll be less losers posted then and more winners, that's the plan anyways! To be brutal, frank, and honest, I'm just utter shite at punting on the National Hunt and All-Weather racing, but I enjoy it so I tried to improve, but can't seem to. My edge is definitely on the flat, where I've techniques that work, whereas they don't work on the other codes but I'm still trying to change that. It's definitely possible to make money (decent money, not millions) on the horses, but next Winter, I'll be backing nothing and just paper trading for interest, and doing a lot of laying. It's going to take a lot longer to crack that than it did with the flat.

And I am using real money. 'tis no kick without it to be honest but I only bet within my means and last year was a brilliant year for me. This year, not so much.

Back in action now.

Norwich vs Nottingham Forest - €50 @ 2.00 (Betfair)

Hardly a monster price but Norwich return home having picked up only 1 point from 2 away games recently. Before that, they were unbeaten in 9 and playing some very good stuff, including a 6-0 win against Scunthorpe at home. They're clearly a force to be reckoned with at home, having won their last 2 here and haven't lost in 9. They drew 1-1 with Forest away from home and Forest are poor of late, especially away from home where they've lost their last 3 and haven't won in 7. They need to win here, as do Norwich, but I think the latter are due a win and tastily priced against a team who just don't perform as well away from home.

Grant Holt has a late fitness test and if he plays, Norwich will be fielding a very strong side, with Wes Hoolahan also returning having missed the last 2 outings with injury. Both are huge players to this team and if they both play, even money might look a bit big at the end of the game. It's by no means a "sure thing", or even close, but Forest are out of form and a win for Norwich will take them back into the automatic promotion places, at least until Cardiff play again. It should be a good game and I fancy Norwich to land the spoils, possibly 2-1, which I'll also throw a tenner on for the craic.

Norwich to win 2-1 - €10 @ 9.8 (Betfair)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭seaniemoylan

perfection;).niiice:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

BOOM!

Super stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

You're some man for one man pyro :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Class!!!

Cheers lads, I haven't a notion how that came through! Could of been at least 5 goals, possibly a few more. I'll take it though. :pac:

+€138 on the day.

Bank - €1,618 (+€618)

Bets - 73
    Wins - 18
    SR - 24.6%
    Staked - €1596.42c
    Returned - €2214.42c
    ROI - 38.7%

Aiming to get above 2k in the coming 4 weeks or so. Max bet still stands at 100 squid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Missed it :-(
    All my new post notifications have stopped for two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

I was on both your bets....winner winner chicken dinner!

Birmingham to win 3-0 vs Sunderland - €18 @ 29.00 (Betfair)

Call me crazy, but although Birmingham haven't scored 3 goals in a game all season, I think that they could well grab a few here and keep a poor Sunderland team quiet too. Sunderland have shocking injury problems, not least at the heart of defence with Mensah, Ferdinand and the improved version of Titus Bramble out injured. Birmingham found their goalscoring touch against Bolton in their last home game when they were 2-0 up just before thee hour mark, but they went on to win just 2-1. However, Kevin Phillips got a goal there and started the last couple of games, so he should be high in confidence and can take advantage of a completely out-of-form Sunderland team, who have lost 7 of their last 8, drawing 1. They're shocking now and I think they could be put to the sword here. Birmingham also have Lurch Zigic back and he could provide a fair bit of ammo for the poacher Philips to run on to. 3-0 is an optimistic scoreline but I think the price is tasty and it's worth a shout. Cue a first minute Sunderland goal!

Over 2.5 Goals - West Brom vs Chelsea - €100 @ 1.89 (Betfair)

I thought this might be priced at around 1/2! It's quite a bizarre price to say the least. Chelsea aren't exactly banging in goals but Drogba seems to be coming back to himself and West Brom's defence are the perfect recipe for disaster. I'll go mental if Torres starts in place of The Drog, but after Tuesdays exploits, or therefore lack off (that doesn't sound right!?), I can't see it happening. West Brom's last 4 matches have went over 2.5 goals, and nearly 70% of their home games this season have done so too. Chelsea on the other hand haven't been involved in a game that has went over 2.5 goals in 3 games, but I like omens like that and I think they'll turn that around here and score a couple with West Brom possibly getting one or two too. Chelsea are involved more over 2.5 goal games when away from home, probably because they don't seem to defend as well away from Stamford Bridge. They also hammered WBA back on day one of the season, with Drogba netting a hat-trick. He has 7 goals in 6 games against The Baggies and they don't seem capable of handling him at all. I just hope he''s starting because Torres is simply awful of late. Over 2.5 goals looks a cracking bet at these odds and I'll have a nice go at it. I fancy it could be anything from Chelsea 3-0 to Chelsea 3-2. I should probably just back Chelsea at similar enough odds (1.78) but if West Brom score at home as they usually do, Chelsea will need 2 to win and it'll bring in this bet anyways. I'm very interested to see if Mikael plays or not, because I think he makes Chelsea's midfield tick and if he starts, they should prove a lot more effective in the goals department. He does things simply, but that's exactly what you need from one of a midfield trio IMO. It'll be much better than having Essien in the holding role anyway.

That's my lot for tomorrow. Nothing else standing out and I usually lose the over/under bets so I'm going to air on the side of caution!

Edit - Upped stake on the correct score to level the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Super stuff last night mate, good luck today.

Over 2.5 Goals - West Brom vs Chelsea - €100 @ 1.89 (Betfair)

Comes in after 26 minutes. Sweet!
    fkiely wrote: »
    Super stuff last night mate, good luck today.

Cheers Sir. Hopefully it'll continue. :)

Stupid Matt Derbyshire missing a good chance in the last minute of the Birmingham game. Finished 2-0 to them. So close.

Chelsea covered the overs at least.

+€71 on the day.

Bank - €1,689 (+€689)

Bets - 75
    Wins - 19
    SR - 25.3%
    Staked - €1714.42c
    Returned - €2403.42c
    ROI - 40.1%

Chugging along nicely. Nothing until tomorrow at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Nothing until tomorrow at the earliest.

Card index in el Classico? :p

• Advertisement

Should of done it. :(

Arsenal vs Liverpool - €100 @ 1.80 (Betfair)

One of my rules is never back your own team and I'm possibly being stupid by breaking that, but I really think we'll win this. I'm tired and not going into too much detail but I thought we were excellent offensively vs Blackpool, varying our play over and over, instead of the rinse, repeat and rewash crap that had been going on before. Van Persie looks extremely sharp and Fabregas was picking him out with some excellent diagonal balls. I reckon we'll be able to utilize that move against Carragher and his ability, or lack of, to turn around quickly. Chesney could be back in goal (even though he's inferior to the injured hero, Fabianski) and Djourou is also in line to start, and he has been pure class this year. Walcott looked quite sharp too and I reckon he could have a cracking game against Liverpool, who don't seem to travel well. Arsenal have only conceded 4 goals in the last 12 and although they haven't been at their best offensively, I think we'll see a different team here today. Liverpool are average enough and the only way they'll win is by utilizing Carroll in the air. Still, I reckon that 4/5 is a cracking price for Arsenal, who must win this to keep pressure on Clownchester United. Arsenal/Liverpool has the highest number of hat-trick in the history of the league, so I'll also put a cheeky tenner on Van Persie to score one, also because I've taken the Fantasy Football Captaincy off him and all of my rivals have him as captain, so if he did score one, the €330 I'd get from a small enough bet would lessen the pain of a massive kick in the balls. He rarely ever scores three though, so it's probably a waste of cash, but he always has about 5+ shots a game, so you never know! Over 2.5 Goals was tempting me but I've come to the conclusion we'll probably win 2-0, with Van Persie grabbing a brace and missing a last minute penalty.

Van Persie to score a hat-trick - €10 @ 33/1 (SkyBet)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement