Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Girls advice ? Army Uniform for haloween ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Khaki's out, it's all ISIS style now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Nothing SS or Gestapo. Prince Harry will be living that down when he's 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

What a terrible website.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

c_man wrote: »
    Khaki's out, it's all ISIS style now.

Can u send me link ?

What a terrible website.

Yup its not the best im came across a few bad lookin irish ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

If you're in Dublin just go to any of the camping/army surplus shops in town and you'll get the same outfit for less. All that is is a pair of combats and a vest.

These lads seem cheap enough: http://www.militarysurplus.ie/

If you're in Dublin just go to any of the camping/army surplus shops in town and you'll get the same outfit for less. All that is is a pair of combats and a vest.

+1. And they'll actually double up as good durable wear for hiking, concerts, fishing - anything involving being out and about in the waters and the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Know any lads in the FCA? Just borrow theirs for the night. It'll look way more authentic and I'd say you'll pull no bother with it :)

Good to see people planning ahead for this Halloween!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Go for this instead. Absolute bargain.

Reiver wrote: »
    Know any lads in the FCA? Just borrow theirs for the night. It'll look way more authentic and I'd say you'll pull no bother with it :)

Know few guys in army but is there uniforms not proper branded with patches etc ??

• Advertisement

bk1991 wrote: »
    Know few guys in army but is there uniforms not proper branded with patches etc ??

Exactly. It'll look a bit more convincing than some stuff you found on the internet or in a surplus store, might as well go all out.

Once you're not planning to use it for something illegal like a bank job I'd say you'll be grand. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,420 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yes they are and it's illegal to wear Irish dpm if not on duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Guy here lookin girls advice

Why would only girls be able to advise you on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Once you're not planning to use it for something illegal like a bank job I'd say you'll be grand. :pac:

Er... wearing it is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Anything I wear is illegal because it makes me criminally irresistible!

WINK!!!!!

Wait, no that's wrong.

It's been judged a illegal act when I wear nothing. That's what the court said.

Look, pop down the Curragh, flash some leg at the lads on the gate, tell them you need to borrow their clothes. You'll be right back and you'll take them to heaven.
    Do your trick or treatin' Don't bother returning the gear - the lads in their underpants manning their posts will be halfway to Lebanon by that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

That's very illegal. If the gards catch you wearing a branded uniform you're fcuked.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    That's very illegal. If the gards catch you wearing a branded uniform you're fcuked.

Pffft they'll probably have more important things to worry about on Halloween. I'd like to think so anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dress up as eggs. All the boys will be throwing them. And the cops will be looking for them. If they're bouncy eggs it'll be all the more fun when you're drunk later.
    Inflatable camouflaged eggs. Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Same goes for Gardai uniforms, remember there being trouble about it a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Pffft they'll probably have more important things to worry about on Halloween. I'd like to think so anyways.
    Yeah you tell them that :rolleyes:

OP if you want to be an idiot go for it but beware the other idiots on the interest who encourage people to do things they wouldn't do themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Realistically, the guards won't arrest you for wearing Irish DPM.

Anecdotally however, it would be wise to consider the possibility that your friendly neighbourhood bouncer is ex-Army.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Yeah you tell them that :rolleyes:

OP if you want to be an idiot go for it but beware the other idiots on the interest who encourage people to do things they wouldn't do themselves.

How many gardai would you reckon could spot an authentic military outfit on halloween??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

OP you could ask somebody from the Irish Navy for their outfit when their home that evening. Plenty of time to get ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

i am looking for the army look this year any opinions on where to look seen some but there very cheep lookin ?? Tia;-) seen this ?

The birds will go mad for it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Hey ,
    Guy here lookin girls advice
    Last year i had a us SWAT team outfit i ordered from states as the ones online here dident look as real :-) i am looking for the army look this year any opinions on where to look seen some but there very cheep lookin ?? Tia;-) seen this ?

http://www.littlestarparties.ie/adult-costume/khaki-camo-costume-fancy-dress-costume_42658

Dressing as a soldier......original!

Advertisement