Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle Inn Tallaght closed?

• 22-10-2014 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭

Was passing a week ago in the middle of the day and the shutters were down and a note in the window. Same craic a couple of other evenings but maybe they don't open late. It's a nice shop, wouldn't like to see it close. Anyone know what the craic, if any, is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

I believe it is closed - shame, good guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Always a shame to see somewhere like that close.

Being so close to Cycle Superstore it was always going to be tricky. Last time I was there I thought they had a more varied range than CSS though, in fact I got my daughter's bike there for Christmas as the kids range in CSS was very poor at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Shame. Always nice when in there and did a good job servicing the bike.
    Always thought their location wasn't the best though being on the edge of The Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

It is a shame, they had a good range of bits and bobs. I thought the spot they had moved to (a few years ago) in that retail park was handy enough, but maybe the Cycle Superstore had the bigger draw in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

spoke to someone who bought a bike off them a few weeks ago and they knew they were closing the next day. he bought a giant so has to chase them if there is any issues. they talked him into buying a giant because apparently giant are moving into the store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

I got both of the Giants off them from the guy from South Africa, lovely bloke to deal with. Apollogies for previous comment about the owner. A bit childish of me to say something like that in this situation. He would be going through a lot at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Really? That sucks. I just bought a bike in CSS - feeling stangely guilty now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Best of luck to the Cycle Inn staff: have had numerous encounters and dealings with them - always helpful and sorted me out every time. I don't think it is the last we will see of them. Good mechanics/repairmen are essential in the bike business so its a shame to see them close.
    JK

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Have to say excellent mechanic/repair guy, always decent to me in there when I worked out in Tallaght. Sorry to see them closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

Sad to see. I know James, 1 of the mechanics there is doing repairs from his house in rathcoole as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Is there anyway to get in touch with these guys to get a serial number for a bike i bought from the a few years ago, bike has now been stolen!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

bobbyg wrote: »
    Is there anyway to get in touch with these guys to get a serial number for a bike i bought from the a few years ago, bike has now been stolen!

I think one of them might be working in CSS but truth be told, bike shops holding onto serial numbers seems to be a relatively new phenomenon. Even if they had, the chances it survived closing down is also limited.

Do you think you know where it is to identify it? Are there any other distinguishing marks? Do you still have the original receipt (even if they have the frame numbers, they would still need to figure out which one was yours)?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭benneca1

CramCycle wrote: »
    I think one of them might be working in CSS but truth be told, bike shops holding onto serial numbers seems to be a relatively new phenomenon. Even if they had, the chances it survived closing down is also limited.

Do you think you know where it is to identify it? Are there any other distinguishing marks? Do you still have the original receipt (even if they have the frame numbers, they would still need to figure out which one was yours)?

Mick Jordan is in CCS he's a sound bloke if he can help he will

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

CramCycle wrote: »

cheers, haven't a clue where it is the garda just asked me to send it to them in case they find a bike fitting the description

Advertisement