Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Also as mentioned earlier will probably be on inevitable United bandwagon come Sunday

United to score 3+ goals 6/5

Rooney ht at 8/1.
    -1 10/11
    -2 12/5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Aldershot/Bradford Ov 2.5 goals @ 23/20. Both teams have found their scoring boots lately and I think this is a really good price.

Putting it in a treble with:

Ipswich/Peterboro
    Braintree/Kidderminster

All 3 Ov 2.5

4.6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Going big on this tomorrow:
    Deportivo 1/3
    Southampton Dnb 1/2
    Reading Dnb 2/5
    Dortmund 4/11
    Verona 8/15

Paying 6/1, reckon it has a good chance of coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Deportivo 1/3
    Southampton Dnb 1/2
    Reading Dnb 2/5
    Dortmund 4/11
    Verona 8/15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

clearodara wrote: »
    Deportivo 1/3
    Southampton Dnb 1/2
    Reading Dnb 2/5
    Dortmund 4/11
    Verona 8/15

Deportivo 1/3
    Southampton Dnb 1/2
    Reading Dnb 2/5
    Dortmund 4/11
    Verona 8/15

So confident you had to post it twice? :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dutch eredivisie tonight:

VVV Venlo - NEC Nijmegen

Home win pays @3

VVV won 5 out of their last 5 at home. Earlier in the season they had draws against PSV and Ajax while they won against Feyenoord ( :( )
    NEC has 1 win and 1 draw in their last 5 away matches. Need to be said they had to play Twente and Ajax away in those 5

And later tonight in Chile:

U de Chile -1 AH vs Union Espanola @2.2 seems generous.
    Not much reason to think U de Chile will rest players as they don't have another game till the 25th.
    I might wait a bit to see if anything like U de Chile & over 2,5 will become available.

Double means @6.6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

inforfun wrote: »
    Dutch eredivisie tonight:

VVV Venlo - NEC Nijmegen

Home win pays @3

VVV won 5 out of their last 5 at home. Earlier in the season they had draws against PSV and Ajax while they won against Feyenoord ( :( )
    NEC has 1 win and 1 draw in their last 5 away matches. Need to be said they had to play Twente and Ajax away in those 5

And later tonight in Chile:

U de Chile -1 AH vs Union Espanola @2.2 seems generous.
    Not much reason to think U de Chile will rest players as they don't have another game till the 25th.
    I might wait a bit to see if anything like U de Chile & over 2,5 will become available.

Double means @6.6

I was gonna post that too about Venlo but the best odds i was getting was 7/4 with PP - where are you getting 3's? Was gonna chance the (-1) too @ 5/1

Bet 365 have them @3 or 2/1 if you like.
    VVV -1 AH @5,5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

The odds on Levadia Tallinn have dropped from 2.10 yesterday to 1.67 this morning! I kinda follow the Estonian league, it's a great league to bet on, as it's very predictable. Levadia have a new manager this year, Kristal who was one of the world's most capped player with something like 145 caps for his country. They've signed some guy who scored 35 goals in the Estonian second division too.

Their opponents Narva Trans usually finish in the top 3 but they lose every single game in Europe and usually lose against the big Estonian teams. It will be their first game this season, but they lost in the supercup against Flora last week. Levadia drew 0-0 in their first game against Kalju, who are the favorites to win the league having signed many Estonian internationals and foreign players.

I've done a treble with Levadia, Dacia Chisinau and Omonia Nicosia @ 2.06, the last 2 teams should really win without much trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Large single on Dundee United today v Rangers at 9/5. Rangers missing six defenders and a few others including Lafferty and Naismith. Dundee Utd have a habit of beating the big boys in Scotland too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

I really like Dumbarton today @ 11/10 in Boyles they are unbeaten at home since november (except for last weeks defeat to league leaders Cowdenbeath), East Fife are in indifferent form at the moment and have not won away since November in the league (except for beating bottom Stirling) - worth a bit of a bet methinks plus i'm going to go for the (-1) @ 11/4 with P/P

My major bet today will be Totenham to win (-1) and (-2) also

Wondering if anyone has any thought on the Nurnberg / Wolfsberg game - Nurnberg are 3 wins from 5 at home (on of those losses were to Dort) and Wolfs are utter rubbish away from home - Nurnbery are 11/10 @ Lads

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Also as mentioned earlier will probably be on inevitable United bandwagon come Sunday

United to score 3+ goals 6/5

Rooney ht at 8/1.
    -1 10/11
    -2 12/5
    books will be happy to take your money at those prices.

Deportivo 1/3
    Southampton Dnb 1/2
    Reading Dnb 2/5
    Dortmund 4/11
    Verona 8/15

i know nothing about serie b... Any preview to the verona bet?

shangri la wrote: »
    books will be happy to take your money at those prices.

Odds aren't great but this is United against the team struggling the most at the minute in the prem

Closer to KO probably make my mind up

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Small bit of yesterday's winnings on drenthe anytime scorer. 7/2. Saving larger stake for a good value double anytime scorer later on. Am thinking 2 from Pog, Roberts, Snodgrass, Rooney, Ibra, Evans...

Sunderland @ 10/3 at Everton I get the feeling the bookies know something ..

Everton's last 3 home league matches; beat City, beat Chelsea, beat Spurs! Not very impressive against Liverpool in last outing but Moyes made some big changes!

Moyes' 10th anniversary at Everton and wants a trophy to cap it off, can see them lining out full strength and look like a decent bet, under 2.5 could be worth a go too

Everton; Howard, Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Neville, Coleman, Fellaini, Osman, Drenthe, Cahill, Jelavic

Sunderland; Mignolet, Bardsley, O Shea, Turner, Bridge, Larsson, Colback, Gardner, McClean, Campbell, Bendtner

Both strong enough looking sides but Sunderland without Cattermole & Sessegnon still. Think Coleman/ Drenthe will give Bridge some real problems, he's hardly played any top flight matches recently!

Drenthe Wincast @ 5/1.. Coleman Wincast @ 8/1

On Everton @ 10/11 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Dundee Utd v Rangers
    There have been five red cards in the last four league meetings between these sides
    Red card in the match Yes 4/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Odds aren't great but this is United against the team struggling the most at the minute in the prem

Rooney to score 2 is always a safer bet. Happens fairly often. H/T is a bit of a fluke.

accum:
    Ekranas -1
    Red Star Belgrade
    Split
    Slovan Bratislava
    @ 2.06

Small bit of yesterday's winnings on drenthe anytime scorer. 7/2. Saving larger stake for a good value double anytime scorer later on. Am thinking 2 from Pog, Roberts, Snodgrass, Rooney, Ibra, Evans...
    you think the books give value on rooney and ibra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

Crvena Zvezda 3/10, Not playing fluently but still have to much for Borca

Partizan 1/4, tight affair today for Partizan with Jagodina, no more than 2 goals in this one, Avram Grant started with 2 draws and an away win, on Wednesday they play C. Zvezda in Serbian cup, 2-0 Partizan.

Augsburg v Mainz 2+ goals 1.30

e20 BetPack

in this exact fixture last year utd were top, wolves were bottom, the books won. Dont underestimate the fatigue of the el match and wolves can score. Wolves pitch will neutralise a lot of utds wide play. you rarely get value on utd, barcelona, munich, ect anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Anyone else see that 365 have no prices on goalscorers in French, Dutch and Potuguese games today?

Yes, seen that.

Last week they were late with the Dutch league. Just dont remember how late.

shangri la wrote: »
    you think the books give value on rooney and ibra?
    Ah yeah, Ibra should bump up my treble a bit - he's almost nailed on to score later. According to physioroom.com Rooney's facing a late fitness test for tomorrow's game at Wolves so staying away for the moment.
    My goalscorer treble for today:
    Ibrahimovic anytime - 5/6
    Becchio anytime - 17/10
    Ched Evans wincast - 6/4
    c.12/1

The odds on Levadia Tallinn have dropped from 2.10 yesterday to 1.67 this morning! I kinda follow the Estonian league, it's a great league to bet on, as it's very predictable. Levadia have a new manager this year, Kristal who was one of the world's most capped player with something like 145 caps for his country. They've signed some guy who scored 35 goals in the Estonian second division too.

Their opponents Narva Trans usually finish in the top 3 but they lose every single game in Europe and usually lose against the big Estonian teams. It will be their first game this season, but they lost in the supercup against Flora last week. Levadia drew 0-0 in their first game against Kalju, who are the favorites to win the league having signed many Estonian internationals and foreign players.

I've done a treble with Levadia, Dacia Chisinau and Omonia Nicosia @ 2.06, the last 2 teams should really win without much trouble.

Levadia won 4-0 :)

inforfun wrote: »
    Yes, seen that.

Last week they were late with the Dutch league. Just dont remember how late.
    Hopefully, need my weekly fix of Malki.

Gone for Ibra, Lambert, Zidan anytime treble at 9.5.

Hopefully, need my weekly fix of Malki.

Waiting on that one myself :D

• Advertisement

I see Ravel Morrison might be making his debut for Hammers today. Looked for odds on him to score, none there...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement