Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can haz general discussion?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Rozabeez wrote: »
    You clearly haven't seen the Dunnes range...

Nice...

extreme_team_le.jpg

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Only went in to/noticed (seriously) that cafe up the laneway in Maynooth today, Twist or something similar? Down by Supermacs as far I can recall. Popped in and all, lovely. Never go down/come up that lane, so first I've seen of it. God, being a commuter.

Can't beat a fry up outta there after a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Is it expensive in there? Only went for a coffee, out of curiosity more than anything.

banquo: Next Friday eh? Hmm, I suppose it'd mean NEXT week.
    Would it be creepy to introduce yourself to a boardsie without them knowing who you are?

Nah, there's next to none of us anyway. A few NUIM boards types have come up to me in the past, I'm just too shy (no,rly) to do it to somebody myself!

We were just discussing something along the lines of wether an official kind of forum would work etc. which lead into a discussion of what currently exists (i.e boards.ie) and then the 'who is who' game began.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Is it expensive in there? Only went for a coffee, out of curiosity more than anything.

Pancakes are amazing. As is the white hot chocolate. Pretty much everything actually, and I'm a fussy eater. (Hard to believe perhaps, but I just eat loads of specific things :cool:)

edit: also not that expensive, personally think it's better than the Roost and cheaper too, but that said, it's only café food and wouldn't fill you up for the whole day, but it's a really lovely place to go for lunch, especially since they did it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Their soup is amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Is Xmas day still going ahead Monday, heard nothing about it yet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Oh you can be sure of it :cool:

Even if the college pretend its not... we'll make it happen!

Hope they're not being weird about it after the arrests and stuff last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Oh you can be sure of it :cool:
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    Even if the college pretend its not... we'll make it happen!

Hope they're not being weird about it after the arrests and stuff last year.
    Sa-weet :D

Feck it lads, lets start off together on Monday. 1pm... last standing wins eh... a selection box?

That means the last person to post online sh1tfaced that has been around boardsies drinking that day!

My money is on 5aces or banquo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Pancakes are amazing. As is the white hot chocolate. Pretty much everything actually, and I'm a fussy eater. (Hard to believe perhaps, but I just eat loads of specific things :cool:)

edit: also not that expensive, personally think it's better than the Roost and cheaper too, but that said, it's only café food and wouldn't fill you up for the whole day, but it's a really lovely place to go for lunch, especially since they did it up.

Where is this magical place you speak of? When I'm on campus I never leave it, but I could really use a nice lunch for a change instead of homemade sambwitches.

Twist is down one of the back lanes behind o'neills/supermacs....can't quite remember which one though, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Is Xmas day still going ahead Monday, heard nothing about it yet ??

From what I've heard it's not happening officially. (Good luck with stopping it altogether though!)

Disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

The guy wrote: »
    Would it be creepy to introduce yourself to a boardsie without them knowing who you are?
    me and xXMCR-BabyXx (spelling?) did that with banquo....you may ask him how he found it ha

And Your Text Here..you are not alone in this excitement, just got them too. Woohoo Avoca:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

My apartment has new comfy leather couches :D Laaaaaaav it!

I just uploaded a leaflet from 1991 produced by The Workers Party slating Maynooth SU for not providing condoms on campus despite TWO referendums over here

A 'condom train' went from Connolly Station to Maynooth campus, and distributed condoms to students! :D

Different Maynooth back then, different altogether. To think people had to take action like that to get condoms onto a campus is madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

How would I go about asking for an extension on an assignment may I ask? Thanks.

K4t wrote: »
    How would I go about asking for an extension on an assignment may I ask? Thanks.

Email whoever is in charge of the module. You'll need a very valid excuse though, the economics lecturers basically told us that unless you're pretty much stuck in hospital for 3 weeks you'll not get an extension.

*Sobs*

I'm soooo sleepy! Whyyyy college whyyyy

• Advertisement

This budget will be horrible me thinks, kettle on and TV3 ready to go!

Irish Politics:

JackieHealyRae2-sm.jpg

Not surprised by that budget at all. Not as woeful as it could have been, but its like saying "I only got hit in the face with a baseball bat, thank god they didn't use the baseball bat with the nails in it"

In other news, that book I was three days late with = €1.50.

Grand stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

In other news, that book I was three days late with = €1.50.

Grand stuff.

How did you talk your way out of going in to the back room?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Everyone else heard 5% reduction in grants, but I seemed to miss that bit. True?

Stealing Leinster House's wifi. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jamesie_boy

banquo wrote: »
    Everyone else heard 5% reduction in grants, but I seemed to miss that bit. True?

Stealing Leinster House's wifi. Jesus.

WTF?? You can't be serious?:( awh no now how will I pay for my cats toenails to be clipped? thats just effin great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

WTF?? You can't be serious?:( awh no now how will I pay for my cats toenails to be clipped? thats just effin great...

I actually hope you're not taking the piss with that post.

I know a lot of people who think that students who get the grant go out and spend it on drink the minute they get the grant cheque (which is definitely true for some people). But then again, there are students who rely on the grant to survive the year at college. Seriously, the €3420 that I get from my county council doesn't even cover my rent for the year, so a 5% cut is actually a pretty big deal.

Yep, a 5% cut in the student grant, RTE said it early on. To be honest unless you can get a look at bullet points like that its just a headache. There's a lot of bad stuff hiding in there, I think any attempt to reintroduce water charges will cause mayhem in Dublin.

...and an NUIM member of staff there to vote on it and all :o

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

so this 5%. true? current year? and so... thats it! no more booze. jesus christ!

• Advertisement

Pfft, just buy cheaper booze.

Final year, no more college :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement