Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OK to drive 2km on a flat tyre?

• 29-08-2014 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Woke up this morning to a slashed tyre on a 2006 VW Polo we own. Neighbours car had two tyres slashed also - wanker$ :mad:

The nearest tyre centre is just 2km away. Would it be OK to drive slowly on the slashed tyre to it without damaging the rim/wheel in any way? I don't want to make a bad job worse!!

Ben

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi all,

Woke up this morning to a slashed tyre on a 2006 VW Polo we own. Neighbours car had two tyres slashed also - wanker$ :mad:

The nearest tyre centre is just 2km away. Would it be OK to drive slowly on the slashed tyre to it without damaging the rim/wheel in any way? I don't want to make a bad job worse!!

Ben

No spare? I wouldn't. Breakdown assistance is pretty stranded these days on insurance. They'll tow it free and no impact on policy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

No spare?
    There is a spare but I'm on crutches at the moment which makes it a bit too tricky to try.

Will call the insurance company.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

I wouldn't either. You'll damage your rim. Is there no one that could give you a lift? Or even bring the wheel on the bus? If not then I would, but even if you got a loan of a wheel somewhere it'd be better than driven on your flat tyre.

Thanks for the advice lads, I'll organise some help to pop the spare on and drag with the slashed tyre later.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You could always try these guys although the price maybe higher for the convenience factor.

http://tyremaster.ie/call-out-service

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help everyone.

Got it sorted Friday morning. Rang the local tyre centre and because I use them all the time for my tyres and batteries etc they sent one of their guys straight up to me who put the spare on and I then followed him back to the centre where they replaced the slashed tyre.

I think the lesson I learned is that there can be benefits to being a loyal customer of a local business and not constantly chopping and changing to save €5 here and there.

Ben

Advertisement