Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon TVs - Saorview compatible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That model appears to be in the Saorview approved products listing, so I'd say you'd be safe enough.

There is the possibility that Samsung distribute different models in Ireland and the UK, but that's very unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That Amazon product page lists several countries and Ireland is not one of them so I'd be very careful, they DO ship different spec. models to different countries.

For example, lots of people living in Dublin with cable TV discovered to their cost that if you bought a TV in Newry, it was made for the UK market where there is no VHF TV and when they brought the TV home and plugged in the Cablelink cable the TV couldn't find any channels because they were all VHF (still are) and the TV had no VHF tuner because it was a UK model.

As a minimum if you're buying a TV in the UK it needs to say 'Freeeview HD' and MHEG5 which is required to support possible future advanced services.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Maps2011

Thanks, great info.

This TV has M-PEG 4:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hannspree-SV28LMMB-28-inch-Widescreen-1080p/dp/B004VLNQMI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317131906&sr=8-2

Will that mean its certainly Saorview compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Read my post, does the description of that TV include 'Freeview HD'?

Advertisement