Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boating Quiz

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I wonder...... that toerail shouts 'navy' but there are no armament mounts visible. Is she aluminium? Italian? I wonder if she's a Baglietto - now makers of superyachts, but around since the 1850s and a big supplier of (very) fast boats to various navies since WW1. I've seen them use a flare like that to handle spray/bow-wave. Do tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That's one snazzy-looking boat - would love to see it back in its full glory!

Now that would be a job and a half for your skills, Fergal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

That is a great looking boat.

Searching the image throws up this thread and this one. Unfortunately neither identify the boat. Is the boat still in Sacramento? or close enough for you to get your hands on it:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

She is aluminium and would look great polished up like a silver stream caravan :D I was thinking more eastern european maybe built as a movie prop for something like 20000 leagues under the sea.
    As far as I know she is still in Sacramento :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

id say its from the 50s or 60s.aluminium welding started around that time with the us navy building boats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Not quite a quiz, but good all the same

www.sortieenmer.com

Audrey Hepburn was born on this day in 1929.

What's the Movie.

10247223_440044599464285_3703477377358291587_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

African Queen?

Or was that Katherine Hepburn?

Damn, trying to resist just googling it, but can't for the life of me remember!!!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    African Queen?

Or was that Katherine Hepburn?

Damn, trying to resist just googling it, but can't for the life of me remember!!!

No not the African Queen, what a horrid woman she was :D

tumblr_lkn14tNIEJ1qfs4uco1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

1954 chick flick? :)

Steve wrote: »
    1954 chick flick? :)

Yep I knew you would get it :D

Advertisement