Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 Bargain players

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Tevez could be a real bargain, If he stays and City dont buy another striker he'll be in the team and at 9m hes a snip, hes better than aguero on form

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Paully D wrote: »
    George McCartney.

Not a fan of his at all, but he played 38 times for West Ham last season and won the Players Player of the Year award. He'll be first choice LB for them.

Considering West Ham's first 10 fixtures are Villa, Swansea, Fulham, Norwich, Sunderland, QPR, Arsenal, Southampton, Wigan and Man City, I make that only 2 games in which I'd give them no chance of keeping a clean sheet (Arsenal and Man City).

He's a bargain as a squad filler or even as a starter for the first quarter of the season at £4.0m

I was looking at him too but he was benched for the playoff final (their biggest game of the season) so that worries me slightly. Demel at 4.0m started all their games from April onwards. I don't know much about him, was he injured up until then?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What's the story with Pienaar? I already thought he had completed a permanent move back to Everton after his successful loan stint last season but it appears he hasn't.

If he does move back, he'd be a great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Swansea have signed Michu for just £2m from Rayo Vallecano. He scored 15 goals from midfield last year in La Liga for a side that finished 15th in the league. Depending on his FF price he could turn out to be a great replacement for Siggurdson.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bent could be worth a shout at £8.5m as Villa's first 10 fixtures are quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

Bent could be worth a shout at £8.5m as Villa's first 10 fixtures are quite nice.

Putting him in my team for sure. When on form he is a 15+ goals a season player and I really think with Lambert at Villa they should play the style of football to suit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Nathan Dyer at 5.5 seems a great cheap midfield compared to others at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Sshhh! Keep it to yourself man!;)

How much has tevez featured in pre season for city so far this year, there is now way he will stay if hes going to be benched

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

DoubleD wrote: »
    Swansea have signed Michu for just £2m from Rayo Vallecano. He scored 15 goals from midfield last year in La Liga for a side that finished 15th in the league. Depending on his FF price he could turn out to be a great replacement for Siggurdson.

Awaiting a price on him,defo worth an inclusion as a chaep midfield if he is priced that way.
    It would seem he will be first choice too

• Advertisement

Really think Torres could be worth a risk this year with the changes at Chelsea plus improved form during the Euro's.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Really want a Sunderland defender but finding it really hard to figure out who's going to play and who's not...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

manual_man wrote: »
    Really want a Sunderland defender but finding it really hard to figure out who's going to play and who's not...
    o' Shea and Brown are dead certs as the center back pairing, LB will be either Richardson or Colback and RB is Bardsley

swoody wrote: »
    o' Shea and Brown are dead certs as the center back pairing, LB will be either Richardson or Colback and RB is Bardsley

there's Cuellar (new signing) and Turner (played most games last season) too. also O Shea and Brown can be played full back too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

just noticed they played yesterday and read this in the match report.....
    in defence, Michael Turner and Titus Bramble started in the centre, with Jack Colback and Wes Brown at left and right full-back respectively. With the signing of Carlos Cuellar and the imminent return of John O'Shea to the fold, many had wondered where Wes Brown might fit in - perhaps Cuellar will now line up at centre back, with Brown replacing Phil Bardsley at full-back. Simon Mignolet, as expected, was chosen in goal.
    rumor has it that James Collins is on his way from Villa and Kilgallon is being sold to Blackburn

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

there's Cuellar (new signing) and Turner (played most games last season) too. also O Shea and Brown can be played full back too

Cuellar signed on a free I think but it's the 2nd time MON has signed him so he obviously rates him. Brown is muck obv so 2 from CC, O'Shea and Turner most likely the cb partnership IMO.

Skippy44 wrote: »

Cuellar signed on a free I think but it's the 2nd time MON has signed him so he obviously rates him. Brown is muck obv so 2 from CC, O'Shea and Turner most likely the cb partnership IMO.

yeah i'm half thinking of Cuellar. have only 4.5 to play with as it is. poxy budgets :pac:

Putting in Fabio at 4.5 myself,definate assist potential plus he must be guaranteed plenty games

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How much has tevez featured in pre season for city so far this year, there is now way he will stay if hes going to be benched

Well seeing as he is currently caddying for Romero at the British Open, I'd say he doesn't care too much for football or City's preseason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

A potential bargain player I have found is Mahomadou Diarra. He did well last year. He got a goal and 3 assists in only a handful of games. I think he only played 5 or 6 odd full games and made a good few sub entrances when he started off with Fulham. At only 5 million he's a good option imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Our first choice back four when everyone is fit will include Cuellar, O'Shea, Brown plus Richardson or a new signing. More than likely a new signing as Richardson wants away.

FatRat wrote: »
    A potential bargain player I have found is Mahomadou Diarra. He did well last year. He got a goal and 3 assists in only a handful of games. I think he only played 5 or 6 odd full games and made a good few sub entrances when he started off with Fulham. At only 5 million he's a good option imo.

Shaun Maloney and Mark Noble are much better options at that price

Wes Brown has suspected knee ligament damage btw, Cuellar or Turner at 4.5 could be a good option now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

The potential bargains imo are:

Jenkinson (Arsenal) - until Sagna is back fully fit. 4.5mill

Bent (Aston Villa) - Proven goal scorer and penalty taker. 8mm

Lampard (Chelsea) - Will wait and see if Lampard is going to play a more defensive role however. 9mill

Frei (Fulham) - good prospect. If gets into starting team he could be a real jem at 4.5mill.
    Risse (Fulham) - better price this year. Hasnt delivered on his attacking threat so far but this year? 5.5mill

Tevez (City). If a regular starter - then a brillaint price but rotation is the major worry. 9mill

Rafael (Man U). First choice right back?? Maybe? 5.5mill

Lambert (S/hampton) Real stand out player last season in the championship, but can he raise his game in the prem. At 6mill it could be worth a shot...

Taarabt (QPR) - quality attacking player with loads of critics. I think he can shine this season however. 6mill
    Fabio (QPR) - Another attacking wing back and at 4.5 - love them!
    Cisse (QPR) - if fit he can score alot. At 6.5

Walters (Stoke) If up front again and on the penalties. 6.5 is a decent price.

Cuellar / Turner (Sunderland) - 4.5 for a defender in a solid team.

Pienaar (Spurs) - if he moves back to Everton then he's a great buy.. 6.5mill

Others to consider:

Lallana (S/hampton) 6mill
    Gibson (everton) 5mill
    Sessegnon (S/land) 8mill
    Ba (Newcastle) 7.5mill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I wouldn't rule out Pogrebnyak at 5.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Liking the look of Pienaar at 6.5 if he moves to Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Shaun Maloney and Mark Noble are much better options at that price

will maloney even start for wigan?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

I have a question for Aston Villa fans; is Bannon going to start for them this year? He is only 5.0 and he is rated highly in Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

darego wrote: »
    will maloney even start for wigan?

Definitely. He might get subbed off quite a bit and get rotated a little bit. But he if definitely first choice and on a lot of set pieces including pens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Liking the look of Pienaar at 6.5 if he moves to Everton

Everton are letting Tim Cahill, one of their highest earners, leave for the MLS so I'd imagien the Pienaar deal will be done and dusted once that move goes through.

Pienaar is a great price at the 6.5 million.

Advertisement