Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Half-baked Republican Presidential Fruitcakes (and fellow confections)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Nodin wrote: »
    Well....far less likely to see war with Iran now. Plus Netanyahu will be pissed off, which is always good.

TBH no one wanted war with Iran, that was just some show man ship from Romney. One good thing that may come out of this is that Obama may try and make strides to advance the two state solution advocated previously by Bush. I just hope Obama actually has a plan or vision for foreign policy.

Any, congrats Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Penn wrote: »
    It's 303 to 206 at the minute. Actual votes being 58,779,121 to 56,518,209.

It was close because some of the key states which had a higher electoral college number value were too close to call. So in the case of Ohio, the vote was 2,672,302:2,571,539 to Obama, but Ohio alone is worth 18 electoral college numbers.

I was actually watching it until about 4.30... :pac: Florida made for some highly entertaining page refreshing on CNN. Nate Silver stated that Obama would get about 300 which is more impressive than the actual result.... All the republican commentators had started to discuss where the election went wrong(even on fox) about an hour before Florida and Ohio results came in, think it was to do with the more liberal counties not having been counted yet at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭housetypeb

I honestly thought @RealDonaldTrump was a parody account until I saw the little checkmark that means it's him. Depressing, really.

"This Donald Trump character is Andy Kaufman's greatest bit ever," Aaron Blitzstein tweeted
    That tweet made me laugh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Corkfeen wrote: »
    It is rather amusing how wrong the news stations appear to have gotten the election in terms of it being a dead heat. What were the final electoral college numbers?
    it was very close on the popular vote, though. which most outlets seemed to erroneously focus on.
    it's just odd that a margin of a few thousand votes in florida can affect the electoral college totals by a factor of about 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

article-2229131-15E3D063000005DC-648_634x814.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Donald Trump has gone batsh*t crazy. It's hilarious to watch. Some gems from his Twitter account lately:
    Oh my, that twitter account is a goldmine. I know it's verified but is it really him or some junior intern employed to generate publicity by any means possible?

I particularly like
    3rd Nov: Gary Johnson is asking people "to waste" their vote on him. Make it count - vote for @MittRomney.

and then more recently, when Obama had the projected electoral college votes but was lagging in the popular vote (much of which had yet to be counted fully).

Today: The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

So the best way to reform the electoral college is by encouraging people not to vote for 3rd party/independent candidates. Makes sense.

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Oh my, that twitter account is a goldmine. I know it's verified but is it really him or some junior intern employed to generate publicity by any means possible?

I particularly like
    3rd Nov: Gary Johnson is asking people "to waste" their vote on him. Make it count - vote for @MittRomney.

and then more recently, when Obama had the projected electoral college votes but was lagging in the popular vote (much of which had yet to be counted fully).

Today: The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

So the best way to reform the electoral college is by encouraging people not to vote for 3rd party/independent candidates. Makes sense.

One of his back in August:
    Our airports are Third World--horrible. Let's rebuild them by people who know how to do it--inexpensively.

To which I suggested he should actually visit a third world country. Besides which, he's effectively saying "Our airports are bad. Lets spend money to demolish them and rebuild them cheaply"

He's seriously crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Faith in humanity partially restored but the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of voters on both sides are a complete waste of space and are either dogmatically tethered to one party or are stupid enough to fall for the lies of the republicans or the smoke and mirrors of Obama.

I'm just glad the con-man from the con-artist's religion didn't win.

I also think I heard that that utter oxygen thief Todd Akin lost his seat.

Gbear wrote: »
    I also think I heard that that utter oxygen thief Todd Akin lost his seat.

Aye, so did Richard "Pregnancy through Rape is God's Gift" Mourdock. Michele Bachmann just about managed to keep her seat though.

But I agree, there's still plenty of crazy on both sides, and considering it was still very close in terms of the actual number of votes... Well, let's just say I'm looking forward to the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

It's time for the most important question to be asked and the media seem to be shying away from asking it! Now that Linda lost her race for the senate can we have the gore filled adult friendly wrestling back please? Please!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

jank wrote: »
    TBH no one wanted war with Iran, that was just some show man ship from Romney. .........

Unfortunately theres a strong lobby for war with Iran, and its best represented within Republican ranks.

(not that its likely to be a war in the Iraq mold, more a protracted bombing campaign).

ShooterSF wrote: »
    It's time for the most important question to be asked and the media seem to be shying away from asking it! Now that Linda lost her race for the senate can we have the gore filled adult friendly wrestling back please? Please!?

Not until they've made back that $100m by selling kids toys like the Brawlin' Buddies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Not until they've made back that $100m by selling kids toys like the Brawlin' Buddies

Pfft us adult rasslin fans have tonnes of disposable income that other people spend on meals for 2 and contraception! Just sell us limited edition crap or replica belts!

Ah, but all the adult fans nowadays are so tech-savvie they probably just download the replica belts. Then they download a car because f*ck those anti-piracy ads on DVDs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Ah, but all the adult fans nowadays are so tech-savvie they probably just download the replica belts. Then they download a car because f*ck those anti-piracy ads on DVDs!

3D printers. Download a gun too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

You can't download cars these days. Often you'll find FBI agents waiting in the boot. Very dangerous.

For any GOP supporters and Tea Baggers:

cPqlC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

"Sorry Mitt, I can't hear you over how re-elected I am"

Just realised. Christians were praying to their god, to allow Romney to win. But doesn't he have a different god? I know I know I shouldn't try to make sense of religious followers.

It doesn't matter anyway, "we're all going to Kolob, Wayyyyy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm confused by which god he means; there are just so many of them!

• Advertisement

I think I could almost get behind the mormon faith in Kolob.

Slightly NSFW.

Pity Joseph Smith didn't heed his own words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Pfft us adult rasslin fans have tonnes of disposable income that other people spend on meals for 2 and contraception! Just sell us limited edition crap or replica belts!

...aren't all the cool folk now watching mexican rasslin?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Can we change the thread to just "Republican Fruitcakes" when the election stuff has calmed down? Trump having brain diarrhea for the next 4 years will be a joy to behold
    Your wish is our command. No sooner said than done. More or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

robindch wrote: »
    Your wish is our command. No sooner said than done. More or less.

Half baked? Are you taking sides in this whole pizza pineapple thing? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Jernal wrote: »

Hope so. Could do with some back up from above here :p All hail the awesome holy pineapple, Fruit hear us. amen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Jernal wrote: »
    Taking sides? I took sides, dude!

Pineapples are as good as mangoes in a bath, but the two are as bad as each other on a pizza.

Would you stick a banana on a pizza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

robindch wrote: »
    Taking sides? I took sides, dude!

Pineapples are as good as mangoes in a bath, but the two are as bad as each other on a pizza.

Would you stick a banana on a pizza?

Not the same fruit buddy! Eww, bananas are nasty (IMO). Mangoes in a bath sounds interesting though. On pizza, why yes - I can imagine the juxtaposition of peperoni and mango......Mmmm :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

• Advertisement

14hyr.jpg

Advertisement