Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clonmel Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

As far as I can remember, the monthly passes work out somehow that a few days, or even a week, is free.

Some months are 5 week months,thats how ya get free weeks

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Exactly, the monthly passes are great, there's no long term commitment, which I'm glad of as I've been working in Canada for the past two months!

But annual memberships for the Park Hotel and Minella is how they make their money as most people stop going after a few weeks!

They love those people!........half the reason i wont pay full wack,work too many long hours to benefit from it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I heard a passing rumour that the Poppyfields were in financial trouble, any truth to the matter folks?

I heard a passing rumour that the Poppyfields were in financial trouble, any truth to the matter folks?

Seemingly so but don't know any details,the Supermarket in Clerihan that is now shut is linked to it as well

Is there a FIT4LIFE group in Clonmel?one that has both men &female runners?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Anyone know of a nice house with a room for rent close to the hospital - daft is really slow!
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 vampirevixens

i seen this girl around clonmel with crazy red hair dress very gothic just wondring who she might be as i seen her lot about the town she seemd to be quite keeps to herself she walks long maine cahir road ...any info as there not many gothic people in this town

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

i seen this girl around clonmel with crazy red hair dress very gothic just wondring who she might be as i seen her lot about the town she seemd to be quite keeps to herself she walks long maine cahir road ...any info as there not many gothic people in this town

I've never seen her and I'm going in and out that road every day.

Now, the large woman that's always wearing the Chelsea jersey. She scares the shít out of me. If I see her during the day or after a night out, I still get so damn scared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Room to rent? Anyone! Ta :)

callaway92 wrote: »
    Now, the large woman that's always wearing the Chelsea jersey. She scares the shít out of me. If I see her during the day or after a night out, I still get so damn scared.

Softy............

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't think it's in the Charter (if it's not, then that's my fault! :o ) but it's probably best not to chat about members of the public here. It's most likely they're not posters here, so they wouldn't be able to speak for themselves. Some people like their privacy too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

I think I know who you're on about, often see her walking up the western road/Glenconner. Not a clue who she is though

Ah yes.. You're not truly from Clonmel unless you've seen her out and about .. That's all I'm gonna say, few videos on youtube with her in them ;)

Jaysus,

Dannos is closed down again.

Quote from their Facebook:
    Hey guys, we're going to close the club for the immediate future. Apologies to those DJs who were waiting for their chance to shine in the battle of the DJs. The market is just not there for a nightclub in clonmel at the minute but who know what the future may hold.

Fairly grim reading.

Jaysus,

Fairly grim reading.

Meh, was always going to happen. It was fairly empty the last 2 times I was in there. They didn't really seem to make a big effort to get people through the doors tbh. Most clubs have drink promos and events but Dannos expected to just open the doors and the punters would just roll in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 vampirevixens

ciano1 wrote: »
    I think I know who you're on about, often see her walking up the western road/Glenconner. Not a clue who she is though

Ah yes.. You're not truly from Clonmel unless you've seen her out and about .. That's all I'm gonna say, few videos on youtube with her in them ;)

yes that were i saw her walking just she had really nice coat on her one day i was wondering were she got it ..shes always on that road ... just that she dont look like reast of people i see out walking ...but she dose stand out with hair and clothing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

yes that were i saw her walking just she had really nice coat on her one day i was wondering were she got it ..shes always on that road ... just that she dont look like reast of people i see out walking ...but she dose stand out with hair and clothing

I should have made myself clearer. This post wasn't just an idle comment. It was an instruction made as a moderator.
    I don't think it's in the Charter (if it's not, then that's my fault! :o ) but it's probably best not to chat about members of the public here. It's most likely they're not posters here, so they wouldn't be able to speak for themselves. Some people like their privacy too! :)

If you want to talk about members of the public, take it to Private Messages.

Jaysus,

Fairly grim reading.

Did terrible business. One of the reasons for the decline is that people are going to go where it's free. They don't want to shell out money to go somewhere that is a bit dead. That's why O' Keeffes is booming. Another is that there was little pull from the Dannos management.

Whether it was a joke or not, a few weeks ago, I heard there were around 20/30 people in Dannos.

Did terrible business. One of the reasons for the decline is that people are going to go where it's free. They don't want to shell out money to go somewhere that is a bit dead. That's why O' Keeffes is booming. Another is that there was little pull from the Dannos management.

Whether it was a joke or not, a few weeks ago, I heard there were around 20/30 people in Dannos.

Last Saturday, They said it themselves on their status:
    .in this business there's not a whole lot of time to give things a chance. 25 people at 1am last weekend..with punters telling us we're not going to last cause they "can bring their own drink into xxxx" ...not going to name any other premises...but you can see where we're coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hi

I remember hearing about a factory in clonmel recruiting (think it was called Boston Electronics) anyone hear about this?

Boston are a medical devices plant,just on the outskirts of town.

Not sure about what jobs they have but did hear that 9 month contracts were on offer.....normal factory floor jobs from what i heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dahat wrote: »
    Boston are a medical devices plant,just on the outskirts of town.

Not sure about what jobs they have but did hear that 9 month contracts were on offer.....normal factory floor jobs from what i heard.

Thanks dahat

By any chance you know where they recruited from (what agency?)

Headshot wrote: »
    Thanks dahat

By any chance you know where they recruited from (what agency?)

The company is called Boston Scientific.

They are looking for people in these areas:

Manufacturing Engineer
    Quality Manager
    Lean Engineer
    Operational Excellence Manager
    Senior Project Engineer
    Software Developer
    Processes Development Manager

Also, I don't think they employ through Recruitment Agencies (I could be corrected on that though). :)

Brennans back open. Any boardsies been in there recently? Hear much about it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Brennans back open. Any boardsies been in there recently? Hear much about it?

Its called VJ's now, it's owned by Vinnie Mansell, who own Bates, the railway bar, the lay out is the same, including the pool and snooker tables, which I spend many a hour on back in the day! :D

Rumor has it, they're re-opening the Bookies that used to be next to it, but that's only hearsay at the moment.

Good to see it back, it was always a favorite pub of mine growing up, and I'm looking forward to popping in for a pint and a game of snooker when I'm home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I heard today that the Phoenix [Allen's] in Irishtown is closing down.I hope it's just a rumour!!!

What's it like? I've been in there under the name of Allens, is it the same as Phoenix?

DT100 wrote: »
    I heard today that the Phoenix [Allen's] in Irishtown is closing down.I hope it's just a rumour!!!

Think it's already gone!

What's it like? I've been in there under the name of Allens, is it the same as Phoenix?
    It was a great spot for watching sport and the craic when Michael Boland had it,but the owners that took it over then got rid of the sky sport,the darts,and the place never recovered The current owner struggled as well.The small bar at the front used to be great for soccer.Great for the Sunday 4pm kickoff.The beer garden was great,but thats all history now.The way thing's are,it may well have happened whoever was at the helm.Sign of the times I guess.

Think it's already gone!

Thought it was closing next friday?

• Advertisement

DT100 wrote: »
    Thought it was closing next friday?

Im not sure.. I passed it Thursday night at about half 9 and it was closed

Advertisement