Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

the nursery rhyme killer- first story

Options
  • 30-07-2013 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

"What do you want from me?" Rebecca shouted. "I want to see you DIE!!”She couldn’t tell where the voice was coming from; all she knew was that he was in the house somewhere. She started to walk slowly towards the door, but a suddenly she caught sight of a sudden movement from the corner of her eye. She bolted straight out the door and kept on running, she looked behind her to see a dark shape stroll out of the house after her. She didn’t realize it until she turned around that she was at the edge of the forest, she glanced around to see the dark shape strut closer to her, and she did something she would live to forget, she ran in the woods. The dark shape of the man seemed to have a smile on his face.
    Got to get somewhere safe... got to get somewhere safe. Rebecca kept on thinking to herself. "Got to get......" what the hell was that? she was positive she heard something like singing, wait she thought it could be a campsite, as she was about to shout help she heard what the words where and gave a cold shudder... and all she could think of was that it was him.
    "If you go out in the woods today, you better go in disguise". Oh my god he was singing teddy bears picnic, she thought. She looked around and realized she was in a small clearing. she ran into the middle of it and looked around for something she could use as a weapon, finding a tree branch she picked it up and looked around her swinging it around her as if trying to hit HIM. She could still hear his voice singing the teddy bears picnic song in a slow sickly way. "If you go out in the woods today you better go in disguise". "Leave me alone" Rebecca cried "if you go into the woods today be sure of a big surprise". "AHHH" Rebecca screamed as she felt a sharp piercing pain in her stomach, she looked down to see a knife sticking out from her stomach and blood seeping through her shirt, as she dropped the branch she fell to her knee's in agony as she felt herself grow weaker with each passing second. one of the last things she saw was a man strolling up to her with a huge grin on his face whistling out the horrible tune of teddy bears picnic. as he slowly drew closer Rebecca tried desperately to crawl away but she couldn't go to far as the pain grew too strong to bare. she looked back around to see him standing right above her with look of awe and pain in his eyes. why did he look like he was in pain I was the one with a knife in my stomach as if the pain seemed to know it was being mentioned it shot through her body yet again with even more pain than it had ever had. when she looked back up she could see why the pain had grown worse the bastard had gone and pulled the knife out. Rebecca felt weaker and weaker with each passing second. with the last bit of her strength she looked up into his dark eyes and whispered you bastard. he stroked her face and whispered "now, now Priscilla you know I don't like cursing".
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………
    As detective Greg George followed the police lines to the scene of the murder he couldn’t help thinking that he was getting a bit too old for this ****. this was his first day back at work since his heart attack last month, and he was already called out to the field to another one of the nursery rhymer's victims. he came so close to the nursery rhyme killer, as the press had now so aptly began calling him, just a month ago and it was because of that that he had suffered the heart attack.
    Greg had gone to out to one of his favourite restaurants after finishing at the precinct. he had just been giving the case of a believed serial killer who would leave little notes behind after he had committed the crime. they had found a body earlier on in the day believed to be one of his a young female who had been tied to a tree in the public park and had been bitten by a venomous spider. the me believed that it had taken the girl almost two hours to die after the bite and that she would have been in excruciating pain. a note, just like all the other victims, had been left with the girl's body. "little miss muffet sat on her tuffet pleasing all those who'd let her when along came a spider who sat down beside her and killed poor miss muffet this day". so far the freak had managed to kill three victims, including the one they had been working on earlier that day, two female and one male. he had just been given the case three weeks ago after detective Rogers had gone missing. many of the other officers all believed that he had just left the state as he apparently owed a lot of people money and had mentioned on numerous occasions that he couldn't pay off the debt he owed. Greg didn't really care all that much he had never really seen eye to eye with Rogers, as he had suspected him of being a dirty cop for a long time. all he was sure about was that he didn't appreciate having a new case fired his way when he had been just two weeks to retirement but now that he'd taken the case he wouldn't be able to retire until it was all wrapped up, not for any professional reason but for the fact that he had been taught that when you start something you have to finish.
    Just as Greg was after leaving the restaurant after yet another lovely meal he began walking down the street towards his car. the streets at this time of the day were bustling with people coming to and from. as Greg was walking down the street he felt someone bump into him he looked around and got a glimpse of a young woman laying sprawled on the floor with a look of agony on her face. his instant reaction was to try and help the poor woman who was now obviously in pain. just as he reached down to pick her up he felt the presence of someone staring at him from behind. ignoring the useless spectator he continued to talk to the woman asking her "where was the pain" and that he was really sorry. as he was standing up to get his phone out to call for an ambulance someone pushed into him, he was about to tell them to watch where they were going but he heard a sickly sweet voice say "I am most awfully sorry Gregory, I did not mean to bump into you. I am sure you have had a very busy today did you like my little gift that I left you it took me quite some time to prepare". Greg felt his heart stop as he glanced up to catch a look at who had spoken all he could see was the back of a man in long overcoat who was now through the crowds of onlookers to the poor woman on the floor. Greg picked himself up fully and begin to sprint after the man pushing through the crowd and knocking several people over. he caught a glimpse of the shadowed man sprinting round the corner of a building Greg sprinted as fast as he could to try and catch the man he believed to be the killer. as he was skirting round the corner he felt a sudden sharp pang in his chest as if his heart was trying to break free from his chest, his left arm had know gone numb and he was growing weaker, he suddenly crashed to the ground with a dreadful whack as his body caved in on him despite his futile attempts at trying to stay on target. as he lay writhing on the floor the last thing that he remembered hearing was the sickly sweet voice say "you can't die just yet detective, I still have need of you." then he lost consciousness and was engulfed into a cloud of darkness.
    when he regained consciousness he was in the hospital in a private room. he found out that he had been unconscious for 16 hours. it had been another week till he was released from hospital and another two before he could return to work and even then he had to threaten and bully many of the doctors to allow him to go back this soon.
    As he got closer to the scene he saw a flurry of activity underway. as he marched past everyone he heard an officer say "oh my god looks like a bear attack". Greg continued on and went straight up to detective Crawford who had been running the case since he'd been gone. "Hey Shaun what do we know so far?". Shaun Crawford looked up with surprise at Greg but quickly came back to his senses “Caucasian, female, blonde, name Rebecca Andrews, 17 years old, 5 foot 8 ”,Greg let out a sigh another minor “Cause of death”, “no idea yet, can’t tell what with the cuts on her face and body, but the mortician reckons it was a single knife wound to the abdomen that killed her”. “Who called in the body?” “Parents called in saying she was missing and that their house was a wreck, when the on-duty checked out back he noticed some disturbances in the surrounding area, he followed the path and when he seen the body he made certain to follow the same path he came into and called dispatch about it” Greg felt his stomach twist as he thought how the parents had come home to find their wrecked and their teenage daughter missing, he would have hated to have been in their shoes. Crawford looked over at Greg and quietly said “we also got this”. He handed over a plastic bag with an envelope inside it. when Greg flipped over the envelope his heart almost once again began to stop as he seen the words on front of it detective Gregory George he paused for a second to allow his beating heart a second to return back to its normal pace. he looked up to Crawford, who was watching Greg closely as if he was about to have another heart attack which he nearly did have. when Crawford realised that he had been caught staring he turned around and started giving orders to some of the nearby officers. Greg looked back down at the letter and opened it up and unfolded the neatly placed sheet within.
    “Dear Gregory
    I sincerely hope that you are feeling much better after your little hiccup a month ago. I know that you may not believe me but I was horrified to hear what happened to you. you must forgive me for not sending you flowers but I did not know what type you liked. I realise that what I do can cause some people to become terrified of me but I did not picture you to be one of them which is one of the reasons why I dwelt deeper into your life and discovered that you do like you're treats an awful lot I'm surprised you didn't have a heart attack sooner from the results that I've seen, but anyways I am awfully glad that the doctors have given you the chance to work again anyhow even if you did have to threaten and bully them, if you had not survived it would have devastated me you are part of the reason the game is so much fun.
    there are very few police around now that have your determination when given a job most just try and get it complete as fast as possible often times missing either important pieces of evidence or arresting the wrong suspect. poor detective Rogers was one such person which is why I had to take steps, I simply couldn't have someone like that running my case now could I ,but you, when I heard you had taken it on I was delighted to hear that I would be up against an equally skilled adversary, it makes the game that much more fun for me to try and evade an officer who would try his hardest to catch me, which I know you will do anyway. you are a true man of the law Greg, very rare these days.
    you can call this new victim a welcome back present just for you wouldn't want you to have too much free time now would we. people thought of her as a teddy bear well I can certainly tell you that she was the furthest thing from one she was a little slut who slept with anyone who would let her, her boyfriend was hoping to marry this girl yet she was like the town bicycle every person in her school has had her this way there will be one less heartbreaker in the world
    I hope to see you again very soon detective.
    yours sincerely
    The Nursery Rhyme killer
    P.S would you please tell the press that I love the new name has a certain vibe to it don't you think
    Greg looked like he was about to tear the piece of paper into bits but calmly remembered that the doctor had told him to stay calm and not let his blood pressure rise. When his temper had all but gone he reread the letter. It also seemed that the killer had taken a shine to him and knew that he was now back on the case. what frightened Greg the most however was how much interest the killer appeared to have in him. his letter made no sense from making out that he was playing a game to trying to save people from receiving broken hearts it's almost as if he knew that this would confuse are profilers from getting a match on the guy. so far we only had my description that I ha of him and even that was not next to useless. from reading the letter a person would guess that the style and format was one of a man who had been well educated. this letter while disturbing, may have given them the first real insight into the killers life.

alrite guys this is a story had for a good while want to know ur honest opinions if you think its a good story or not so far?
    thanks for taking the time to read it:D

Advertisement