Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mass Effect 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Whats with the Ash hate???

Well she's a racist for one. The last time I saw her was on Horizon and she was a pure b*tch. Now she is still being a b*tch to me with cerburus this and that and my shep is like a puppy dog around her. Wish there was an early option to say 'not interested'. Hope Tali and her scrap it out to the death!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Well she's a racist for one. The last time I saw her was on Horizon and she was a pure b*tch. Now she is still being a b*tch to me with cerburus this and that and my shep is like a puppy dog around her. Wish there was an early option to say 'not interested'. Hope Tali and her scrap it out to the death!

ooohhhhh, sounds like deep down, you love her. The Not Interested option is probably there, you just can't see it being soo smitten and all.

No Miranda in it by the sounds of things.....gutted. Say nothing, don't spoil it, picking it up after work, should be playing by 6.

ooohhhhh, sounds like deep down, you love her. The Not Interested option is probably there, you just can't see it being soo smitten and all.

No Miranda in it by the sounds of things.....gutted. Say nothing, don't spoil it, picking it up after work, should be playing by 6.

HAHA ah well I didn't give Miranda a 2nd look in ME 2, same with Liara in ME 1 and she is acting normal, so it looks like it's trying to force love at me in the moment.

<stares a picture of Kaiden wishing he was here>

HAHA ah well I didn't give Miranda a 2nd look in ME 2, same with Liara in ME 1................................<stares a picture of Kaiden wishing he was here>

/queue awkward silence.

HAHA Vega better watch dat ass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,141 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Should Ash have been in ME2?

I must have killed her in the prequel comic, but if I thought that was a choice between Ash and Liara?

And in fairness, Liara can't really die because of the LOTSB DLC.

noodler wrote: »

Ya, her or Kaiden.
    HAHA Vega better watch dat ass!

....hopefully you are playing as FemShep. ;)

I've only seen him in the trailers, and if there is a Virmire type situation, he will mostly definitely be left behind, take that Freddy Prinze Jnr! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Naw, it was a choice between Kaiden (or Carth Onasi as I always called him....) and Ash.

Edit: Woops, too slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I can't wait until we can talk about the ending. What fun we're going to have.

Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Clover wrote: »
    Just back from Gamestop with my copy , picked it up for €3 by getting rid of 3 old ds games :D.

Do gamestop have a list of games that you can trade in to get that price?

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    I can't wait until we can talk about the ending. What fun we're going to have.

Heh.

Might have to create a separate thread if the mods will allow it for End of game chatter, some people won't even have started the game, when others will have it finished.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

noodler wrote: »

I must have killed her in the prequel comic, but if I thought that was a choice between Ash and Liara?

Either Ash or Kaiden (ME1 Spoiler)
    died on Virmire
    , depending on what choices you made. Then whichever one didn't
    die
    turns up in ME2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it totally lived up to the hype for me, played 4 hours of it last night, and was blown away.

Felt good to play femshep and punch the face off a certain crewmember! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Do gamestop have a list of games that you can trade in to get that price?

They have the list in-store , it's normally on the web site but I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Well Gamestop has failed me, that is the last time i ever order anything from them!

What happened Mees?

Anyone buy anything from the gift shop?
    I didn't want to in case Shep ended up automatically giving them to Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

What happened Mees?

It wont be here till Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

/queue awkward silence.

LMAO, my shep is gonna be a massive bumbder! Just for lulz, why not, first dude on dude video game scene, thats gaming history right there. Its gonna be hilarious!

hightower1 wrote: »
    LMAO, my shep is gonna be a massive bumbder! Just for lulz, why not, first dude on dude video game scene, thats gaming history right there. Its gonna be hilarious!

Didn't Dragon Age 1 and 2 already have that???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dragon Age 2 had it even when you didn't want it.

Would you ever **** off Anders!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Did they? I didnt play them myself... still, watching Shep do his creepy face and then get jiggy with Garus or someone will be a gas. Hopefully they will let ya get it on with Legion that'd be comedy gold. He always had a worship Shep thing going on anyways

Kiith wrote: »

Ya, there was some uncomfortable moments in that game alrite, and with that little blonde Elf in the 1st game.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vadakin

Got my confirmation email last night, though no change on the website so I can't track the order. So now I'm playing the waiting game, looking out the window every time I hear an engine outside. I ordered from Gamestop.ie so I wouldn't need to go into town and with a hope that I might get the game a day early as I've done with previous orders. No such luck this time and as I type this, it's nearing midday and I keep thinking that if I'd just pre-ordered in store I could have gone to Gamestop, picked it up and be playing right now.

I'm considering going with someone else for future pre-orders. Any recommendations? What are ShopTo.net like? Have people in Ireland received pre-orders before release day from them? Can their orders be tracked? While it would be nice to receive games early, I'm more concerned with having to plan my day around a delivery, two days in this case as I was expecting it yesterday as I thought it would be shipped from Gamestop on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You should probably take it to the Personal Issues forum. :D
    Might have to create a separate thread if the mods will allow it for End of game chatter, some people won't even have started the game, when others will have it finished.

I'd say that would be the best option. This thread could remain relatively spoiler free for the time being and people won't worry about reading it.
    I got some flowers to see what would happen, and got some sort of achievement that was one of two. I thought about buying other stuff in case it would unlock the full achievement, but couldn't really be arsed. I've a war to win, so those chocolates will have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Anyone got the N7 Warfare Gear(N7 Valkyrie, M55-Argus, N7 Defender Armor) from Gamestop for pre-ordering from them?

I just picked up mine a while ago and haven't opened it yet and the staff didn't mention anything about pre-order bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Normally pre order stuff is given to retailers as a separate card outside of the box, make sure to go back and double check with staff before it's to late, bring your receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Kiith wrote: »

Ya, there was some uncomfortable moments in that game alrite, and with that little blonde Elf in the 1st game.

I'd just like to point out that while it's not of the really bad sort, there is something slightly homophobic about these sort of comments. You seem to be taking offense at the very idea of a gay character hitting on the protagonist, but I presume you think it is fine that a gay player has to endure several straight characters hitting on the protagonist?

At no point is the character forced to do anything you don't agree with, if a party member hits on you, gay/straight guy/girl, you can just say no and they go away. If you think there is something offensive or creepy about a gay character not shutting up and hiding their feelings then I'd suggest you need to reconsider whether you have a healthy/fair attitude towards gay people or not. There has been a really nasty backlash from the more immature members of the gamer fanbase towards the slightest suggestion that someone like Shepard could be gay - and I think things like this are really useful for showing up people that are not as open minded as they might like to claim.

Eitherway, for the sexually insecure amongst us, I can tell you that the gay romance is completely and utterly avoidable in ME3, to the point where I bet most people wouldn't even know it was a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Vadakin wrote: »
    Got my confirmation email last night, though no change on the website so I can't track the order. So now I'm playing the waiting game, looking out the window every time I hear an engine outside. I ordered from Gamestop.ie so I wouldn't need to go into town and with a hope that I might get the game a day early as I've done with previous orders. No such luck this time and as I type this, it's nearing midday and I keep thinking that if I'd just pre-ordered in store I could have gone to Gamestop, picked it up and be playing right now.

Mine just got delivered, I couldn't track it either. I'm sure you'll get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone got the N7 Warfare Gear(N7 Valkyrie, M55-Argus, N7 Defender Armor) from Gamestop for pre-ordering from them?

I just picked up mine a while ago and haven't opened it yet and the staff didn't mention anything about pre-order bonus.

Not sure about this, but from EA when they were posting who to buy from after Game would not longer be stocking it that the Gamestop site would have them but they went on to mention that xtravision were the only B&M to have it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Zillah wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out that while it's not of the really bad sort, there is something slightly homophobic about these sort of comments. You seem to be taking offense at the very idea of a gay character hitting on the protagonist, but I presume you think it is fine that a gay player has to endure several straight characters hitting on the protagonist?

At no point is the character forced to do anything you don't agree with, if a party member hits on you, gay/straight guy/girl, you can just say no and they go away. If you think there is something offensive or creepy about a gay character not shutting up and hiding their feelings then I'd suggest you need to reconsider whether you have a healthy/fair attitude towards gay people or not. There has been a really nasty backlash from the more immature members of the gamer fanbase towards the slightest suggestion that someone like Shepard could be gay - and I think things like this are really useful for showing up people that are not as open minded as they might like to claim.

Eitherway, for the sexually insecure amongst us, I can tell you that the gay romance is completely and utterly avoidable in ME3, to the point where I bet most people wouldn't even know it was a possibility.

being open minded means not caring what gay people get up to, it does not mean wanting or being ok with gay people hitting on you.
    good christ.

Advertisement