Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That sounds realllly good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

So, I decided to make a pizza from scratch today. It was gonna be fantastic - all gluten free, dairy free and meat free - OM NOM.

And here was the result:

SDC12795.jpg

FAIL.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LOL <3

Love making pizza, what was up with yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Hotaru wrote: »
    So, I decided to make a pizza from scratch today. It was gonna be fantastic - all gluten free, dairy free and meat free - OM NOM.

And here was the result:

SDC12795.jpg

FAIL.

Maybe post the recipe so we can do a post mortem - looks like it died from natural causes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'm sure it still tasted lovely :confused:

• Advertisement

the bit where its all over the plate broken up doesnt sound like it :D

Oh it would've been fine if I had just put the damned thing on a baking tray instead of straight on the wire grill yokes :p

I opened up the oven after about 15mins and it had collapsed and crumbled into a heap of pizza mess on the oven floor >.<

omg lol!
    Somebody is new to cooking. Also, oil the tray next time as well.

omg lol!
    Somebody is new to cooking. Also, oil the tray next time as well.

I'm actually quite a good cook!

Just a bit retarded sometimes :D

shure shure, prove it! a most delicious bet has been made which will result in me eating.

it looked good when I jigsawed it back together though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Wedges with garlic powder, smoked paprika and chilli powder for me (nomnomnom) and kidney beam chilli. Mixed in a couple spoons of soy bran as well which was grand and a nice protein boost (15%) but it's given the left-overs a not very appealing looking texture

Smoked tofu stir-fry with lots of veggies, soya sauce and rice noodles - OM NOM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

garlic.

garlic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Wedges with garlic powder, smoked paprika and chilli powder for me (nomnomnom) and kidney beam chilli. Mixed in a couple spoons of soy bran as well which was grand and a nice protein boost (15%) but it's given the left-overs a not very appealing looking texture

Just ate the leftovers there, my worries were unfounded, it's nicer now than it was yesterday, gave it a nice hearty texture, kind of nutty. That soy bran came from holland and barret by the look of it, worth buying I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I had a veggie beanburger, in a wholemeal pitta, with a dollop of tzatziki, loads of rocket/baby spinach leaves, and home made tomato salsa.

Yum! I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it :(

lentil soup \o/ no garlic.

maameeo wrote: »
    lentil soup \o/ no garlic.

How do you make that? Puurrrlease?

well moonbaby, i gots the lentils and made them go hot and bubbly with water and fire in a pot (technical mumbo jumbo) :) then i added a vegan soup mix (id no veg stock) so more water then and paul chopped up mushrooms in nice sliver pieces (nyom nyom) and we chucked then in, stir stir stir then ate :)

nothing amazing, but yeay, i maka the soupa!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AVL5

Over the weekend I improvised something using what I had in the fridge: 1 box of lentils, 1 pack of tofu cut in small pieces, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped big garlic clove, a few chopped tomatoes. For the sauce, I used organic ketchup, a bit of soy sauce and about 1 teaspoon of "pimenta malagueta" (very tasty/spicy Brazilian pepper sauce - can be found in Brazilian shops here in Dublin). Yummy :)

• Advertisement

Korma for me, I made enough for 6 people, i've barely made a dent and am collapsing, whooooooops

sooooooo good

snap!

Korma for me, also made a ton, mine was awesome though coz my housemate left me a note to say so :P

/searches frantically for note and frame

I'm sure my housemate would do the same ;_;
    If I let her out of the kitchen.

/searches frantically for shackles

korma time again -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Yesterday and the day before! Was in Glasgow so went with my friend to my beloved Stereo the first day.

I had the bean ball wrap and smoked chilli soup...

DC4623B5812A430E8E9A3CD75BF78EF4-500.jpg

It was great.

My friend had a beetroot and pinenut tart with potato cakes which was apparently very nice.

F826701117F741A997DB3682C6A4BAEA-500.jpg

Next day we were in Mono and I got a roast veg pie with chips and salad.

91DFA833ED954B80AE5711D344E52A9B-500.jpg

There was dessert too, cheesecake and chocolate torte. They were very pretty but I didn't want to take a picture because the staff were right there and my camera is huge and conspicuous and I didn't want them thinking I was a journo!

Anyway, I'm now certain, Stereo has the best vegan food in Glasgow. It is amazing. I've been to Glasgow three times and I've surmised that eating is the most fun you can have there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I want to go back! Looks delicious Donnie :) Somthing to dream about tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Gauge wrote: »
    I had a veggie beanburger, in a wholemeal pitta, with a dollop of tzatziki, loads of rocket/baby spinach leaves, and home made tomato salsa.

Yum! I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it :(

that sounds so amazing!

There is no food in my house at the moment to eat. I had a pre packed mushroom risotto...I put it in the pan and was getting excited, noticed it smelled funny, went off last october. Sick.

Now popping popcorn before the gym. Nice and healthy. :(

Yesterday after the gym I panfried two quorn sausages, then chopped them up into little discs. Added a yellow and green pepper and half a courgette, pan fried with a little soy sauce and some erbs, put in a wrap with some sweet chilli sauce...gorgeous!

Quorn mince, mixed veg, kidney beans, cummin and soy sauce and cummin and soy sauce and mashed potatoes and cummin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Veggie green curry with courgettes and broccoli and long grain rice and naan bread. Mmmm.

Advertisement