Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon Launched

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Bistoman wrote: »
    Never Heard of that, Must be something new. But what I would do is ring back, Listen
    to all the sales bull**** from them, Then when they ask for
    the E100 , tell them You want to speak to a " Customer Loyalty Representative".
    The person on the phone is normally just a call
    centre employee, But the "CLR" can do things like remove any
    added charges. If You have no look then, try telling them that
    You are thinking of switching completely to SKY, That usually
    gets their attention, Good Luck :D

Thanks, I've gone that route last year with Sky and got free HD and a 40% reduction in my sub for 6 months.

Think 100 quid is very mean though, I know a business is a business but current subs never get any benefits unless they call to unsubscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Does anyone know how to find out how much storage space you have left for recordings.

Been through all the menu and can't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its buried in system somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Laird

Go into settings--- recordings & reminders----used disc space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

By default the box automatically removes the oldest and watched recordings, this is the 'auto' setting in disk management. So basically, you can have the disk full all the time and it will clear space as it needs it. Juts remember to protect anything that you've partly watched and want to go back and re-watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

By default the box automatically removes the oldest and watched recordings, this is the 'auto' setting in disk management. So basically, you can have the disk full all the time and it will clear space as it needs it. Juts remember to protect anything that you've partly watched and want to go back and re-watch.

How do you protect them?
    I think I have all of them protected because it doesn't record over things I've saved, though it does ask but if I'm not at home, it obviously just cancels the current recording.

In the my recordings when youre looking at a recording protect is just down the menu from play.

It sounds like youve your recording set to never delete anything as opposed to Auto which is the default.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 codod

rejoice!! i see they have finally added a delete series option on my horizon box. About FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

codod wrote: »
    rejoice!! i see they have finally added a delete series option on my horizon box. About FT.
    Woo,and indeed,Hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

codod wrote: »

Where is it? I don't see it.

• Advertisement

Dublin upgrade is running until the 26th so you may not have it yet. there's a post about the dates on the UPC forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Did anyone see the option in settings to pair a multiroom box wirelessly? Are these boxes available already?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭zg3409

I don't think they every launched any multiroom boxes. The only boxes for multiroom are the old boxes which use TV coax and cannot access anything from Horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

I got it. An improvement. Still a lot to do. I did notice the WiFi range was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WoodenShoe

zg3409 wrote: »
    I don't think they every launched any multiroom boxes. The only boxes for multiroom are the old boxes which use TV coax and cannot access anything from Horizon.
    Do a search on the internet and you will find pictures of the (smaller) extra box. It seems to be working as a "slave" box to the main box.

boards.ie has tighten up the rules so I cannot post links any more (no thanks ieboards for that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

WoodenShoe wrote: »
    Do a search on the internet and you will find pictures of the (smaller) extra box. It seems to be working as a "slave" box to the main box.

boards.ie has tighten up the rules so I cannot post links any more (no thanks ieboards for that!)

The Horizon multiroom box is not available yet in Ireland
    Its only available in Holland and only in test stage

Laird wrote: »
    Go into settings--- recordings & reminders----used disc space

Is this gone? I can't find it anymore.

Seems to be. In settings/diagnostics there's a used space % ?

Its probably all in the change log we'll never get.

Found it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭AlanG

beauf wrote: »
    Seems to be. In settings/diagnostics there's a used space % ?

Its probably all in the change log we'll never get.

Thanks - was going mad looking for the disk % remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

Can you please tell me how to delete a multiple recording which was manually entered.

My wife has set up senanta to record 800 minutes each saturday and sunday in error.

Thanks

I think its in menu/my library/my schedule or something like that.

Menu>My Library>My Planner

Thanks but had tried that..no option to delete all future recordings, just the ones that are showing for the next 14 or so days

does cancel all bookings not work?

does cancel all bookings not work?

Would that cancel all other booked series also?

Perhaps try this. If you go into the planner, goto the Menu>My Library>My Planner and goto one of the recordings for setanta and then press ok and goto Add extra time.

In their change it to a single recording, and then just delete that single booking.

Kinda a round about way of doing it but its should work.

Perhaps try this. If you go into the planner, goto the Menu>My Library>My Planner and goto one of the recordings for setanta and then press ok and goto Add extra time.

In their change it to a single recording, and then just delete that single booking.

Will give it a try..thanks for all the help

Seems to have done the job..Thanks again

• Advertisement

Would that cancel all other booked series also?

Be careful. You have to do into (ok) the planned series to get the delete "this" series option.

In the menu above, cancel all booked series I think deletes all series recordings off the box.

They should bury these delete "all recording" in another menu.

Advertisement