Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is there anywhere in Dublin that sells filmjölk or salmiak?

• 20-01-2013 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hej allihopa,

I figured this was as good a place to post this as any. Apologies if I've got the wrong board. I'm looking for somewhere in Dublin where I could buy filmjölk and/or salmiak (salty liquorice). I know of the Swedish Food Company, but I don't seem to remember them having a particularly good selection of non-deli stuff.

Tack för hjälpen!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭syntax1

For filmjölk you might check out the Polish and Lithuanian stores. There are drinks like Maślanka and Kefir/Kefyras that are similar (but not the same) to filmjölk. It might tie you over until you find actual filmjölk. :-)

As for salmiak, you might want to check some of the health food stores in Dublin. I know when I was last in Cork in the CoOp they had sweet Panda liquorice. Maybe the stores in Dublin have salmiak/salmiakki also.

There is a Finnish-Irish society to find out about salmiakki.

This is a link to a Finnish girl's blog. She's in Galway but likely knows most of the Finns in Ireland who are online. No harm in asking there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ikea food section might have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭duckling10

Steppes wrote: »
    Hej allihopa,

I'm looking for somewhere in Dublin where I could buy filmjölk and/or salmiak (salty liquorice).

Tack för hjälpen!

Hej Steppes!
    Undrar on du hittade filmjölken nå'n gång?
    I have also been thinking of somehow getting filmjölk, I found a link to an online Kefir shop in UK, they sell Filmjölk starter for 5 sterling pounds, and they ship worlwide, not sure how much postage is, just passing on this info
    here's the link,
    http://www.kefirshop.co.uk/shop.htm
    You have to go to the Shop tab and then scroll down to the Yogurt section, it's about the 5th item down, and in the yogurt section you have to access the dropdown menu where it says Matsoni and then you will see Filmjölk starter as an option there.
    They also have Kefir, Kombucha, Viili and Piima, etc,
    best of luck with the purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

I know it's an old thread, but Buttermilk is the same as low fat filmjölk :)

Funkar fint fast den é tunn ;)

Advertisement