Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strike Back [Cinemax/Sky] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A really good episode and I loved the whole colour scheme that had for North Korea.

The teaser for next week looks epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah loved it too. You have to give kudos to the location scouts for this show. The nuclear plant actually looked like a nuclear plant (SyFy would have used an abandoned warehouse with some pipes sticking out of the wall).

Anyone else think that the outdoor sections in North Korea looked like The Burren? :D

Again another fun episode the show really is going out in style.

I have to say again I am hugely impressed by how the filmed North Korea.

They really are going out in style the bank heist was great.

Michael McElhatton joining the cast for the last few episodes as well can only be a good thing as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yeah really enjoying these episodes. By getting rid of Damien's brat for a bit, they've also given us back the great bromance of Scott and Stapleton. Their chemistry and banter is great and the action hasn't disappointed.

• Advertisement

What a great ending to the episode and the set up for the final double episode next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Its amazing how they can never hold on to anybody they capture. even a dork managed to outsmart them.

Stretches the bounds of believability sometimes (sometimes? :))

If the guys surrounding the truck at the end waited around for another 10 seconds, it would have been game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Enjoyed the finale and the show as a whole. Perfect lighter fare, was glad they went with the globetrotting approach rather than sticking with Thailand.

Loved it and will miss this and Banshee for just the pure fun they both are I hope Cinemax can find a show to replace them that is even half as fun.

The nods to Butch and Sundance throughout the finale were great.

I really hope Banshee is on the way to Vegas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Had my doubts at the beginning but the last two episodes were great.

I was hoping for a more Butch and Sundance/ Angel final scene.

The unexpected son line wasn't needed at all.

Along with Banshee probably the most enjoyable balls to the wall popcorn TV in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Really enjoyed that series, and happy they did a season 5 to finish it off properly.

Forgot about Banshee. On the 3rd episode of season 3; must get back to it.

I'm liking a lot of what Cinemax is pumping out lately. May pop back and check out Cinemax's "Hunted".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Just seen episode 9 and its unreal. Literally made me jizz my pants

WooHoo :D

Strike Back movie in development
    Strike Back could be coming, well, back — and bigger than ever.

Left Bank Pictures is developing a feature film based on the cult hit Cinemax action series, EW has learned exclusively.

While still very much at an early stage, the London-based production company has a deal to develop the film with European pay TV giant Sky.

We’re hearing stars Sullivan Stapleton and Philip Winchester would likely reprise their roles if the film is greenlit.

Producers are also in early talks with getting Strike Back’s U.S. distributor and production partner Cinemax on board too, but no deal has yet been struck on that front.

If everything goes according to plan, the film would shoot in South America in 2016, with the hope of developing Strike Back into a theatrical franchise.

Strike Back finished its fifth and final season in July. Strike Back follows the adventures of a secretive branch of the British Defense Intelligence service who take on high risk missions around the globe and is based on a novel of the same name by former Special Air Service soldier Chris Ryan.

The move comes on the heels of Bill Clinton revealing that Strike Back is among his favorite TV series during a recent interview, saying he “adores” the show.

Earlier this week, reports spread of another premium cable series getting a big-screen development deal: HBO’s Game of Thrones. The rumor stemmed from a UK tabloid which claimed to have interviewed author George R.R. Martin.

Several years ago, EW was the first outlet to report that some of the players involved in Thrones are interested in capping the series with a feature film. We have also reported that HBO is resistant to this idea. The network’s top executives have noted that the service is a television business, and it makes the most sense for a serialized drama that begins on HBO to stay on HBO through its conclusion (the Sex and the City films and the Entourage movie were stand-alone stories made years after their respective shows ended). My understanding is HBO’s position on this has not changed and there is no movement on any film development. That said, Thrones is clearly cinematic and popular enough to sustain a movie, and an eventual theatrical work set in Martin’s world — either concluding the series or telling a separate story — would hardly surprise. The one thing I’m very sure of is the eventual end of Thrones on HBO will not be the end of Westeros in filmed entertainment. Martin has created a world that’s alive in the imagination of millions and it’s here to stay.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/01/strike-back-movie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭sioda

Great news

Strike Back's Philip Winchester backs the new reboot – and says he might make a cameo
    "Maybe we can come in and save the day!"
    "I met up with Sully a week ago in New York and we had a few pints of Guinness and talked about it," he revealed. "We had some dinner, reminisced and cried and laughed!

"Look, we're busy right now so we couldn't do it. There was no world in which we could've done it, unless we weren't working – and even then, I don't think it would've worked, because they just wanted to do something new.

"It needs fresh blood, man. Let 'em get banged and bruised and beat up for a while – then maybe we can come in and save the day!"

Winchester – who now stars in legal drama Chicago Justice – admitted it would be "tough" to watch a new cast take on Strike Back, but suggested that overhauling the action series is "the right move".

"I think, good on 'em. We did what we could do and looking at what we did, I genuinely don't feel like we ever jumped the shark. We did some silly things, but I felt like it ended on such a good note."
    "I sat down with Michael Bassett, who was the lead director of the last couple of seasons – and he's doing this season. I think maybe we'll go back and do a little cameo?"

And if the long-rumoured Strike Back movie ever happens, there's again every chance we could see the dynamic duo back, kicking ass and taking names...

"The movie thing I was always on board for," Winchester confirmed. "I was like, 'Come on, [producer] Andy Harries, just do it man, pull the trigger!' and I think he dangled that carrot in front of us for a while, but it never happened.

"But I would definitely go back and do a movie, 'cos it could live in its own universe."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a824821/strike-backs-philip-winchester-backs-the-new-reboot-and-says-he-might-make-a-cameo/

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2017/09/19/strike-back-return-season-6-november-sky-1/
    The disavowed and disbanded Section 20 programme is thrown back into action when a mission to bring in a terrorist, ends in total disaster. Sergeant ‘Mac’ McAllister (Warren Brown – ‘Luther’) forms part of a new unit charged with one of the most important manhunts ever. And, if things weren’t looking worrying enough, they then uncover a huge and deadly conspiracy.

Joining ‘Mac’ will be Sergeant Samuel Wyatt (Daniel MacPherson – ‘The Shannara Chronicles’, ‘APB’, ‘The Bill’), a bar-room philosopher who works best alone and has no intention of being dragged into a team situation. Natalie Roberts (Roxanne McKee – ‘Game of Thrones’, ‘Hollyoaks’), who comes from a military family and excels at psychological profiles and seeking weaknesses in others, but she might be blinded to her own fault-lines. And Gracie Novin (Alin Sumarwata – ‘Neighbours’, ‘Home and Away’), a gear-head who is looking to make the step up. She is genuine, honest to the point of bluntness, and the heart and soul of the team.

Season 6 to air on Sky 1 in November

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

pity the dynamic duo wont be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

pity the dynamic duo wont be involved.

Philip Winchester's show Chicago Justice was cancelled so he is unemployed :P

The new team.

adb16d88d4854bbacb61a3000f6497b1.png

• Advertisement

Strike Back returns February 2nd in the States.

No long wait till February it starts October 31st on Sky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Going to be impossible to get the Scott/Stonebridge dynamic going that made Strike Back so good. An aussie playing a yank and a yank playing a brit and it worked perfectly. one of the best made action orientated series in a long time.

I'll be cautiously optomistic that it might be a good action yarn in its own right though.

It looks to me like aren't going to even try and recreate the Scott & Stonebridge dynamic and are going for more of a team dynamic this time which is a better way to do it than trying to go with the buddy cop formula that worked before.

Starts tonight on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭sioda

That wasn't bad. It's not the same without the two lads but I'll give it a few weeks worth of watching

Yep, agreed. Perfectly watchable.

a good way to pass an hour. the nightclub scene was a bit cringe though, especially the background actors.

A good solid start it will probably take the season to get to know and get used to the new team.

• Advertisement

Episode 2 moved it along nicely starting to get the Strike Back feel to it now.

Also just copped that the English guy is Luther's partner.

Advertisement