Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC wifi adapter

Options
  • 13-03-2012 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

I have a PC in my appartment which I built myself, however, it is not connected to the internet because it's too awkward to run a cable from the router. that said, the Router and PC are seperated by a thin wall and are no more than 5 meters appart.

My question is which wifi adapter do I want. do I want this wifi card, or this Usb Dongle? (I have an available pci slot and a free usb slot.

it's 16mb/1mb (down and up) speeds I get. PC internet will be used for downloading, skype, maybe the odd game

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I think the usb is handier - you dont have to open the pc plus if you use a usb extension cord it gives you a bit of flexibility to experiment with placement.

Advertisement