Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco open Superstore in Naas

• 01-11-2010 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Apparently its the biggest in Europe, and they already have a regular Tesco in the town
    No recession for Tescos as the march towards world domination continues

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Great stuff. Thanks for the newsflash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

In other news...well actually it's been pretty slow today....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

tescos? TESCOS???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Who cares. Naas has to be the worst designed town in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Biggins wrote: »
    Great stuff. Thanks for the newsflash.

welcome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Everybody hates tescos yet we all go into tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

tescos? TESCOS???

Yeah you know the place, its like lidls only more expensive?*

no I don't know why people have to make a name plural just because it has more than 1 branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

This is great news! the one in naas is outdated and a pain in the arse to get parking in

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Axe Rake

"...we live on like the 3rd mall from the sun, that doesn't piss anybody off anymore?"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I only go in there to put skid-marks on all of the underwear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

I don't. I really only shop in Superquinn. Tesco is for poor peoples and knackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

If its the biggest in Europe, why did they open it in a town of less than 20,000 people?:confused:

flyton5 wrote: »
    I don't. I really only shop in Superquinn. Tesco is for poor peoples and knackers.

Their quality of beers from around the world is excellent and the wine is good too.

flyton5 wrote: »

Superquinn is for people who spell people....peoples.

gurramok wrote: »
    If its the biggest in Europe, why did they open it in a town of less than 20,000 people?:confused:

I don't live in naas and I shop there ,and so does a lot of people I know from Clane ,Newbridge ,Celbridge etc...

Half of Dublin lives in Naas at this stage

I don't live in naas and I shop there ,and so does a lot of people I know from Clane ,Newbridge ,Celbridge etc...

Then whats the population catchment? Those places you mention must also have less than 20,000 to cater for so where's the demand for this 'Biggest Store in Europe' coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

I used to go to the "Super Tesco" as I called it, in Glasgow when I lived there, it was brilliant... absolutely massive, 24 hours, and almost as big as the shopping centre next to it - if this one in Naas is supposed to be the biggest one in Europe now, I can't wait to check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I think it's the biggest Tesco in Ireland, not Europe. Also as they got the site as part of a land swap deal, it costs relatively little extra to build a very large store as opposed to a regular sized store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

You can walk out of Tesco anytime you like, but you can never leave...

... thanks to their unbelievable savings on everyday essentials!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I don't. I avoid them. Superquinns food is much nicer.

I think it's the biggest Tesco in Ireland, not Europe. Also as they got the site as part of a land swap deal, it costs relatively little extra to build a very large store as opposed to a regular sized store.

Ah then, the poster was exaggerating on its importance.

Would it be bigger than Clearwater as thats friggin huge ASDA style. I still don't see people travelling from Dublin down to it considering Dublin is riddled with Tesco's already.

You can walk out of Tesco anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Even on the road they're everywhere with their Eddie Stobart trucks - and they're going to KILL the wages and trade of the Irish Road Haulage Business.

Then whats the population catchment? Those places you mention must also have less than 20,000 to cater for so where's the demand for this 'Biggest Store in Europe' coming from?

I don't know ,but I have seen it and it's just off the roundabout for the main motorway hubs in naas and naas is busy as feck most days.I would say this place will be jammers.The one there already is 24 hours and has been for years.The one in the square tallaght was 24 hours but isn't anymore because there wasn't the business.The one in naas still does the business on the night shift and there is only a fraction of the amount of people living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

So what, it's providing jobs isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I don't. I avoid them. Superquinns food is much nicer.

Superquinn charges ridiculous prices for having a ridiculous amount of staff on duty doing ridiculously unnecessary things.

phasers wrote: »

...and killing of others.

They are recruiting. God be with the Celtic Tiger days when we were all too good for such work

When did everyone start hating Tesco? I think they're class.

Plus they're extremely successful, so surely I'm not alone in my thinking?

• Advertisement

Yeah 3 jobs. A manager & 2 checkout staff like my local place.

Every single time i go into my local tescos after 10 at night there are 20 person long ques on 2 tills.

I don't go in there after 10 any more.

HARUMPH!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement