Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im not sure if ps2 controllers work properly on the ps1. Didnt they change the face buttons to be analogue instead of digital on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The controller connections are the same on the PS1 and PS2, hence you can plug a PS1 controller into the PS2.Not sure if it works the other way around. You'll know it's a PS2 controller if it says Dualshock 2 beside where the wire comes out.

But you probably know that already :)

Connectivity/compatability wise they're the same, but visually they're not ;)

The ps2 one is black with sharp angles, the ps1 one is grey with rounded angles. This is a black analog controller with a grey rounded connection.

Here's sort of what I'm on about, but it has the more angled grey ps1 connector and not the really rounded white PlaystationONE connection.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-PLAYSTATION-1-PS1-DUAL-SHOCK-controller-control_W0QQitemZ120507896756QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item1c0ed493b4

I've been reading up about that non dual shock analog controller. Wow. Well pissed off that's not what was in the box. Maybe it's in the actual playstation box.

/Runs off to have a look

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah, never noticed that o1s! Read up on that controller too. Seems it's the one to get! Will be on the lookout for one from now on. Especially when I go to England in March.

I remember a Tesco down here(waterford) had one of those analog controllers on the shelf for years.I always assumed nobody wanted it cause it was crap and the dual shock was out (this was about 8 years ago.I was only a tiny nerd then). Now im disgusted I never bought it :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got my genesis this evening :D I'm so happy, seeing as the computer has died again >:( it cheered me right up :) It's fully boxed and came with an extra boxed controller. No stepdown however I had a Megadrive lying in the wardrobe missing the scart cable so I'm using the one off the genesis for that. Nearly died with happines while playing sonic :D

I might be back on the DSi and boards mobile but I gots 16-bit action :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Bought one of these just in case by some freak chance it actually is what it says it is -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380188123666&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Bought one 2. You never know but this guy has received a few bad feedbacks of recent. Well it is not too much to lose!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I remember a Tesco down here(waterford) had one of those analog controllers on the shelf for years.I always assumed nobody wanted it cause it was crap and the dual shock was out (this was about 8 years ago.I was only a tiny nerd then). Now im disgusted I never bought it :(

Yeah I remember a toymaster near me had a few when they were released (though this was before the dual shock as far as I remember). Anyway I picked one of them up, didn't know they were (relatively) rare these days! Will have to make sure I look after it so!

I gotta stop coming into this thread so often.It absolutely crucifies my bandwidth :o

Master of the Universe

ghostchant wrote: »
    Yeah I remember a toymaster near me had a few when they were released (though this was before the dual shock as far as I remember). Anyway I picked one of them up, didn't know they were (relatively) rare these days! Will have to make sure I look after it so!

Seeing as I have all the original packaging, we could combine the two and sell it for billions! :pac:

• Advertisement

And I'll erm mind it for yous. I've got a ummm safe* in my house

*may actually be a lunchbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Katiecupcakes

does anyone know where u can buy a 4x4 rubiks cube in Cork i really want it for xmas!i have mastered the normal one and now im bored !!!!
    call me a weirdo if u want i like solvin the rubiks cube ! and not many ppl can say that !!!please help me find a 4x4 rubiks cube!!:D:D:D:D:D

Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »
    Bought one of these just in case by some freak chance it actually is what it says it is -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380188123666&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Argh!

Just got this -

'Hello Oisin,

You recently made a purchase from vpgames, order number 16677xxxx. I would like to thank you for your purchase, however I am writing to alert you to some news regarding your order. Due to an inventory error, it appears the product you ordered is out of stock.'

I take it they realized the mistake they'd made.

Bugger.

Aw no :( What is it anyway?

Master of the Universe

It was meant to be a Starfox Super Weekend cart. Which was a special version of Starfox with a timer. Time runs out and it's game over. (Was a Donkey Kong one too)

They were used in competitions around America.

It's a really rare item and worth about 300 quid!

Ah right, sort of like the nintendo world championship carts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Cybernator just came today, playing it now. It's the NTSC version. Cool game, me likey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

A boxed Sega Saturn with two controllers for £1.20, with another £10 for postage, so that's €12.92 at PayPal's 'magic' exchange rate.

The bundle also includes five games: Command & Conquer, Enemy Zero, Soviet Strike, Road Rash and Battle Stations. All boxed with manuals. A nice little starter pack of games and Enemy Zero seems to be semi-rare, at least in terms of the PAL release. It isn't the usual bunch of old sports games you get with most consoles anyways!

!Bhc)2k!!mk~$(KGrHqQH-EYEsMGL,OL9BLJQFUC)u!~~_12.JPG

!Bhc)7Wg!2k~$(KGrHqQH-CQEsLl17QsnBLJQFk5WJ!~~_12.JPG

That is an absolute bargain! Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

How the hell did you get all that for 1.20? Was it broken?

• Advertisement

CCCP^ wrote: »
    How the hell did you get all that for 1.20? Was it broken?

The seller listed it as pick-up only, but in the listing he said he can arrange postage too. I'd imagine most didn't look into it besides a cursory look so all I had to do was beat someone who put in a 99p bid to get it. Fair play to the guy, I emailed him and he told me what postage to pay. He works for the NHS in Britain so his hours prevent him from being able to get bulky things posted rapidly, which is why it was listed as it was.

All working, though! The left shoulder button on the official controller is broken, but at that price I was just able to overlook that. Ahem.

It was actually browsing this forum that motivated me to fill in some holes in my console collection so it's thanks to you all that I was even looking in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Wow, result! , That's what I love to see,a real honest to jaysus bargain at €12.92 .You'll enjoy playing it all the more knowing that you got it so cheap.Well wear ;)

Wow, result! , That's what I love to see,a real honest to jaysus bargain at €12.92 .You'll enjoy playing it all the more knowing that you got it so cheap.Well wear ;)

Thanks! And absolutely - getting it at a bargain will just make it all the more enjoyable!

Pics of the Genesis:

SDC10500.jpg

SDC10501.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

Megadrive arrived today in this

Whoever delivered it probably thought I was going to have a very merry Christmas. :D

ddizbb.jpg

20ff7mq.jpg

My only problem is this

141mlnm.jpg

Model - MK-1636 -18

Instead of trying to plug the thing in and breaking I thought it might be better to ask here first. Can I just plug this into your normal 3 hole socket or do I need a conveter thingy? I had a little go and it didn't seem to want to go in. :pac:

I don't remember having this problem years ago with the console, were the adapters all like this or is this one a bit different? Came from Germany if that makes any difference.

Oisin, I'm looking your way. :cool:

Master of the Universe

That's a European 2 (round) prong plug. You get them in France too. It won't fit into our socket physically. However a cheap 2 euro shop travel adapter thing will work as all of the EU uses the same mains power as us.

Actually I've found electrical items that come from Komplett.ie always have those connections. As a result I have quite a few of those adapters lying about the house!

Another option would be to just get a UK/Ireland power supply. But it'd be cheaper just to get a little travel adapter.

Enjoy anyway! Sub Terrania is a great game.

Master of the Universe

Nice Genesis atavan! As a matter of interest, did that Megadrive 6 button pad box come with it? We got a lot of 'Genesis' bits and pieces over here, but I always find it odd when I see 'Megadrive' stuff coming from the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

That's a European 2 (round) prong plug. You get them in France too. It won't fit into our socket physically. However a cheap 2 euro shop travel adapter thing will work as all of the EU uses the same mains power as us.

Actually I've found electrical items that come from Komplett.ie always have those connections. As a result I have quite a few of those adapters lying about the house!

Another option would be to just get a UK/Ireland power supply. But it'd be cheaper just to get a little travel adapter.
    Cool, I'll definatrly pick one of those adapters today.

Enjoy anyway! Sub Terrania is a great game

Thanks,

That's a nice surprise.

Nice Genesis atavan! As a matter of interest, did that Megadrive 6 button pad box come with it? We got a lot of 'Genesis' bits and pieces over here, but I always find it odd when I see 'Megadrive' stuff coming from the states.

I've no idea tbh. The "story" behind it is that the guy I got it from, his brother used to import the American consoles back in the day because of 60hz. I'd say it was bought after as it's advertised on the box that it comes with 2 3-button controllers.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I've no idea tbh. The "story" behind it is that the guy I got it from, his brother used to import the American consoles back in the day because of 60hz. I'd say it was bought after as it's advertised on the box that it comes with 2 3-button controllers.

Ah okay! I thought you'd gotten it all as one ebay auction from America.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement