Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've just deleted a few off-topic posts that were ignoring Gaspode's warning above to get back on the topic of Neighbourhood Watch. Any more off-topic posts will have to be actioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Why didn't both mods delete all the other posts?

Surely don't want to keep posts like that left in the public eye?

MOD: user carded for backseat moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Deleted my posts

So if mods or posters could delete quotes of my posts seen as I can't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

jeffk wrote: »
    Deleted my posts

So if mods or posters could delete quotes of my posts seen as I can't

Interesting point and I know, its off topic.
    However, why is it possible to delete your own posts on quite a number of Boards.ie forums, but no on the D15 forum, Mods?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Interesting point and I know, its off topic.
    However, why is it possible to delete your own posts on quite a number of Boards.ie forums, but no on the D15 forum, Mods?

You can delete your posts on any forum on Boards, as long as it's within (I think) 24 hours of posting it.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    You can delete your posts on any forum on Boards, as long as it's within (I think) 24 hours of posting it.

Thanks, was unable to do that the other evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Any idea what's happening in Ongar village about now, three lads cuffed on the ground outside the Day Today shop. Guards in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Anyone have a ladies bike stolen over the weekend?
    My own bike was actually stolen from my shed but there is a ladies bike abandoned on the street that none of my neighbours seem to know anything about.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've moved the Phoenix Park discussion to it's own thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058087343#

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

News media are reporting the death of a woman in her 60s at a house in Willow Wood Grove, Hartstown following an apparent assault with weapons including a samurai style sword and a meat cleaver.

Gardaí were alerted to a live incident at approx 11.30 this morning and had to force entry on arrival to effect the arrest of a man, also in his 60s, believed to be known to the victim.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Larbre34 wrote: »
    News media are reporting the death of a woman in her 60s at a house in Willow Wood Grove, Hartstown following an apparent assault with weapons including a samurai style sword and a meat cleaver.

Gardaí were alerted to a live incident at approx 11.30 this morning and had to force entry on arrival to effect the arrest of a man, also in his 60s, believed to be known to the victim.

RIP.

sounds horrendous, RIP the poor woman.

Media have since revised the ages of the female victim to 57 and the man arrested on suspicion of the assault to 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP.

A partner or husband? RIP that poor lady

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A partner or husband? RIP that poor lady

A very sad and tragic occurrence, that requires neither speculation nor gossip!

Interesting to note that after 10 years and 54,000 plus posts on Boards, this is your first time you have posted on the D15 forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

The Independent have a lot of details on this incident including photos of the victim and her alleged murderer. I thought she looked familiar, she used to work in M&S. May she rest in peace.

My heart goes out to their son who raised the alarm and their other children. I can't begin to imagine how horrific this is for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gio2

Anyone know what’s happening in Blanchardstown village. Gardai everywhere?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Caranica wrote: »
    The Independent have a lot of details on this incident including photos of the victim and her alleged murderer. I thought she looked familiar, she used to work in M&S. May she rest in peace.

My heart goes out to their son who raised the alarm and their other children. I can't begin to imagine how horrific this is for them.

Very very sad.

My sincere condolences to her family.

May she rest in peace.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Interesting to note that after 10 years and 54,000 plus posts on Boards, this is your first time you have posted on the D15 forum.

I'm from Blanchardstown and I don't think I've ever posted in this forum.

What's your point? She's entitled to ask questions. It's a discussion forum.

I too recognise the lady from M&S. An incident beyond comprehension.

xzanti wrote: »
    I'm from Blanchardstown and I don't think I've ever posted in this forum.

What's your point? She's entitled to ask questions. It's a discussion forum.

Mod:
    You don't have to be from Dublin 15 to post here and questioning other users about their posting history is unnecessary, let's leave the questioning out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I recognise her from m&s too. Veey sad. RIP

The man arrested for allegedly defacing the book of condolence for Colm Horkan at Blanchardstown Garda Station has been remanded in custody for criminal damage.

The person in question is Jason Hennessy, Sheephill Avenue, Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭raheny red

The man arrested for allegedly defacing the book of condolence for Colm Horkan at Blanchardstown Garda Station has been remanded in custody for criminal damage.

The person in question is Jason Hennessy, Sheephill Avenue, Blanchardstown.

Of Inside The K fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Darwin Award contender

Seve OB wrote: »
    Darwin Award contender

Nah he'll have done it very deliberately, google him, lots and lots of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Serial scumbag and a waste of oxygen by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

https://www.thejournal.ie/mulhuddart-garda-operation-5132756-Jun2020/

Good aul Wellview...

No gun found in the raid... so wonder where they've stashed that. Terrified to let my son out to play now, we live around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

raheny red wrote: »
    Of Inside The K fame.

Being from scotland I find it crazy how people talk to the Gardai in Ireland - Jason Hennessy For instance in that scene when he’s calling the copper every name under the sun and threatening to ride him. He would have been nicked and had the sh!t kicked out of him once he got back to the cells from 10 of them. Why are the Gards so soft?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    Being from scotland I find it crazy how people talk to the Gardai in Ireland - Jason Hennessy For instance in that scene when he’s calling the copper every name under the sun and threatening to ride him. He would have been nicked and had the sh!t kicked out of him once he got back to the cells from 10 of them. Why are the Gards so soft?

On the benevolent side of viewing it, they police by consent and are ever above reproach. Plus, where do you draw the line between giving him a slap as you reef him over the gate to arrest him and getting to US levels of violence in policing?

On the defensive side of viewing it, every criminal knows his or her legal rights inside and out and given you can get a few grand for knocking your knee on a table leg in a restaurant how much would the state be on the hook for if Gardai regularly battered criminals?

No win scenario. Would be nice if judges would actually put them away when they put them away, though, so Mr XX Previous Convictions can't actually stand at the end of his garden abusing the police or anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nijmegen wrote: »
    On the benevolent side of viewing it, they police by consent and are ever above reproach. Plus, where do you draw the line between giving him a slap as you reef him over the gate to arrest him and getting to US levels of violence in policing?

On the defensive side of viewing it, every criminal knows his or her legal rights inside and out and given you can get a few grand for knocking your knee on a table leg in a restaurant how much would the state be on the hook for if Gardai regularly battered criminals?

No win scenario. Would be nice if judges would actually put them away when they put them away, though, so Mr XX Previous Convictions can't actually stand at the end of his garden abusing the police or anyone else.

I'd also like to think their reaction would've been a little different if the tv crew wasn't standing there filming it

Advertisement