Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

I am back in the land of the living, breathing was so bad, I ended up in hospital and was kept in overnight. They were worried it might be a clot on lungs and did too many blood tests to mention, an x ray and a scan with dye, thankfully everything was clear. They are absolutely wonderful in CUMH, can't commend them enough for how caring they are. I am back to work, but still very short of breath. They said babs is in awkward position and putting pressure on lungs and diaphragm. I am taking it day by day and hoping to see this month out at work if I can at all. Driving is becoming tough going with the shortness of breath. I still have to get all the hospital bag stuff and clothes for baby. Thankfully we have travel system picked out and have nappies, wipes etc got. ANyone still in a state of disbelief that a baby is going to with us soon???? I can't fathom it!!!!!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

March11, glad you're feeling a bit better! Yes I too am still in a state of disbelief. I don't think it will hit me til he's in my arms.
    So with all ye'r talk of home made knitted things, I got out my needles and some multicoloured wool that's so soft it's probably made of clouds...making a little blankie for the baby, its not particularly not-girlie, but I actually don't care. Like baby will care less either :cool:

This really makes me want to start knitting again (haven't done so since I was 11). I may have to re-learn it though. Anyone have good tips on beginner books for this?
    Kash wrote: »
    I felt like a right nonce, but it saved me a load of time and a lot of discomfort. I, of course, hammed up the hobbling once I got off :p

There's definitely no harm in asking :)

I was wondering if I make a big show of huffing & puffing around the place will a cart guy notice me. I should probably seek one out.
    kildareash wrote: »
    Have a great time with your sis, hope your spoiled for your birthday. Imagine, on your next birthday you have a 9/10 month old baby!

:eek: I realised today that being pregnant & having a baby makes me feel more of a grown-up. Now I know there's all these 16 And Pregnant young ones but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

March11 wrote: »
    I am back in the land of the living, breathing was so bad, I ended up in hospital and was kept in overnight. They were worried it might be a clot on lungs and did too many blood tests to mention, an x ray and a scan with dye, thankfully everything was clear. They are absolutely wonderful in CUMH, can't commend them enough for how caring they are. I am back to work, but still very short of breath. They said babs is in awkward position and putting pressure on lungs and diaphragm. I am taking it day by day and hoping to see this month out at work if I can at all. Driving is becoming tough going with the shortness of breath. I still have to get all the hospital bag stuff and clothes for baby. Thankfully we have travel system picked out and have nappies, wipes etc got. ANyone still in a state of disbelief that a baby is going to with us soon???? I can't fathom it!!!!!!! :P

March I'm glad you are ok.

my boss pissed me off so badly today that I almost quit my job.
    he was difficult re signing my maternity benefit form
    i finaly told him that i will go to owner of the company and he signed.

then he was upset re something that wasn't my fault and he did not even let me to explain

afterwards he behaved like nothing happened and was trying to be nice.

that even raised my blood preasure more

hubby decided to cheer me up and he is taking me for a dinner to naandos in dundrum :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Mink I just look up instruction videos on YouTube for anything I want to do and just copy along myself, and if I can't follow one video, there's always 50 more that explain it differently again!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Saurelin you have what's called a passive aggressive boss - also known as a tit!

No point quitting before you get your maternity leave but might be worth looking at alternative job prospects for when you are due back as he doesn't sound like someone anyone would want to work for :) esp with a young baby at home!

• Advertisement

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Saurelin you have what's called a passive aggressive boss - also known as a tit!

No point quitting before you get your maternity leave but might be worth looking at alternative job prospects for when you are due back as he doesn't sound like someone anyone would want to work for :) esp with a young baby at home!
    2Mums that' my plan: find something cliser home and less hours (50now)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Mink, I just used you tube tutorials. You wld be surprised how many there is.
    It is a bit like riding a bike tho, you never really forget.

March, hope your feeling better. Sounds awful, you poor love.

Saurelin, your boss makes me so mad. Such an ass! I hope u find something new for next year. You don't want to be putting up with his crap during the day with a small baby at home. It wld spoil your QT with your little one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Back in the bloody stupid horrible hospital I hate the hospital and I do not want to be here (and yes I know I sound like a petulant child!!)... I fainted I think and woke up face and belly down on my bedroom floor so I'm just being observed over night... They did a trace on babs and she's flying it so I'm not worried in that regard. Anymore. Obviously earlier I was inconsolable before I heard heartbeat.

March I'm delighted your feeling abit better... You must have got such a fright.

Saurelin how you haven't killed your boss is beyond me!

Also Tralee is suffering with a fly infestation and there are flies everywhere including the hospital... Very irritating :(

Oh Cyning that's crap...I know I would have been upset if I needed to be observed overnight! My partner packed PJs for me just in case when I had to go in but I'm so glad I didn't have to stay in!

Add flies to that & it's a nightmare!

Glad your little one is doing well though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oh Cyning sorry to hear you are back in Hosp. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious. March glad to hear everything is alright. Hopefully you will be fine for the rest of the pregnancy.

• Advertisement

Cyning fingers crossed for you and babs.

I feel much better. hubby took me to nandoos. Alice loves spicy food :-D then we get few things in boots (3boxes of nappies over 4 kg, some wipes, matress pads, etc) oh and 2 comfy mens tshirts size xxl for sleeping and comfy flat white shoes in pennys.

I feel much better :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Cyning sorry to hear your in hospital again-can't imagine what your going through *hugs*

My ears are in bits. I suffered with them when i was a kid and now both are infected i think and i can't take anything and im 9 days from exams.
    Anyone any tips on how i can deal with it!

javagal wrote: »
    Cyning sorry to hear your in hospital again-can't imagine what your going through *hugs*

My ears are in bits. I suffered with them when i was a kid and now both are infected i think and i can't take anything and im 9 days from exams.
    Anyone any tips on how i can deal with it!
    Javagal my mum had similar issues like you. I know doc get for her some drops that helped.
    she also keep her ear warm by wearing warm hat and it helped
    poor you.

It's long weekend ladies :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Hey Java, try a hot compress over the ear for a minimum of 30 minutes. I find the easiest way is to have 2-3 damp flannels, and keep heating them in the microwave and swapping them over.

My mum swears by warm olive oil and garlic, but personally I've tried to avoid putting food in my ears since an unfortunate incident with a pea when I was 4 :D

Cyning, delighted to hear babs is doing well, you must have got such a fright.
    I can't imaging waking up on the ground like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Cyning, Jesus, you must have got some fright!! Thank god everything is ok with baby.
    twomums, i'm sure the bruising will be gone down by the wedding, but if its not, what harm..story for the grandkids.
    Saurelin, your boss is a dick!
    Java, warm olive oil on some cotton wool on the ears should help.

thank fcuk its friday...i'm going to win money on ray darcy's show today, if its the last thing i do..

Oh my god, cyning, glad to hear you and your little one r ok. There's been a lot of hospital visits for the July mammies this wk.

I am so tired today. Barely crawled out of bed this morn. Wldnt mind but I haven't even done a full weeks work! Have a wedding tomorrow and won't even get to have a lie in because it'll take us over an hour to get to the church I had to get a ridiculously early (9.30am!!!!!) hair appointment. Roll on Sunday morning!

I know im sick but is anyone else just not sleeping AT ALL like i am literally getting 2 hours a night

I'm home :D Baby fine, I'm fine bar a little bump on my head and I'm home! To a place where there are no flies!

Java I don't sleep at all either: it's very frustrating!

Also if I could only stay out of hospital now I would be so so happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Glad everything is ok Cyning. Nothing like being at home in your own fly free home..

I would sleep alot more if my husband would get off me! Like, we have a king size, but he still insists on throwing a leg and an arm over me....or lying really close to me...like its lovely and all that, but lately its getting frustrating, he does it in his sleep so its not his fault. Then he wakes with the sun, which is 6am these days, and while he doesnt do anything to wake me really, I just wake when I sense he is awake...

He did get me the dreami pillow - and i find it great! Its dead comfy.

Javagal do you have one of those pregnancy pillows? My doc said if I have trouble sleeping to at least put a pillow between my legs & under bump as it should help. At the moment I'm sleeping ok...better since the little one moved from transverse to breech :)

Cyning I'm sure you are delighted to be away from the flies aside from everything else! That's really not great esp in a hospital :rolleyes: Delighted your little one is well...you have a great little battler there :)

• Advertisement

Also mamas & papas have a sale on until Monday - 20% off at least which is not bad :)

Javagal do you have one of those pregnancy pillows? My doc said if I have trouble sleeping to at least put a pillow between my legs & under bump as it should help. At the moment I'm sleeping ok...better since the little one moved from transverse to breech :)

Cyning I'm sure you are delighted to be away from the flies aside from everything else! That's really not great esp in a hospital :rolleyes: Delighted your little one is well...you have a great little battler there :)

I have 3 pregnancy pillows !makes our super king bed seem like a single. But the only one i like is a wedge shape that goes under bump.
    Doesn't help my oh has severe sleep walking and nearly every night he tries to find where the dog hid zoe lol!

Watched last weeks Irish maternity show, how sweet was that first man , oh god im crying again lol

javagal wrote: »

I have 3 pregnancy pillows !makes our super king bed seem like a single. But the only one i like is a wedge shape that goes under bump.
    Doesn't help my oh has severe sleep walking and nearly every night he tries to find where the dog hid zoe lol!

Oh java, that did make me giggle! Hope ur feeling better soon.
    R you tired and can't sleep and cant get comfy or just can't sleep? Maybe it's your body preparing for night feeds! Although I'm not sure if I believe that one myself.

I wake every time I turn in the bed with the pain in my back and pelvis! But it's just a short pain and I do go straight back to sleep.

Cyning, glad your ok and home. Must be a relief. Fingers crossed you can stay away now :)

Going to have a look on the M&P website now (anything but work!)

Bought our crib and mattress in the M&P sale so saved €30ish - been meaning to buy it for ages so delighted I was a lazy ass until now :D can pick that up next Friday when we are in Dublin so at least the baby will have a bed! Now to get some sheets, blankets etc :rolleyes:

Bed, car seat & buggy & a few clothes...what more does a baby need :p Seriously need to get moving on the other stuff but feel better that the sleeping situation is sorted ;)

Bought our crib and mattress in the M&P sale so saved €30ish - been meaning to buy it for ages so delighted I was a lazy ass until now :D can pick that up next Friday when we are in Dublin so at least the baby will have a bed! Now to get some sheets, blankets etc :rolleyes:

Bed, car seat & buggy & a few clothes...what more does a baby need :p Seriously need to get moving on the other stuff but feel better that the sleeping situation is sorted ;)

Sounds like your getting there, sure when you think about it babies used to sleep in the bottom drawer years ago!

Getting there slowly :) bonus in that the soon to be in laws are paying us for it so I'm just doing the shopping :D that's the best kind!

The bottom drawer used to be a lot more stable than the bottom drawer we have ;) need to get a set of drawers with possibly a changer on top so that we have somewhere to put the increasing clothes pile :)

Has anyone looked at a tall boy unit? I imagine it would be handy for diff sized bodysuits/sleep suits. Must try have a look at one in person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Just came across this website http://www.ohbabylondon.com/

:D

Aldi have loads of baby stuff next Thursday: cellular blankets, onesies, blankets, towels, muslins!!

A friend of ours is in labour I am so so excited can't wait for them to have babs :D

Oh was on way from work so I mage some yummy chili from scratch, bought doritos , tortillas and loads of yummy toppings, ran to car to get something I forgot and the chili stuck to the pot and burnt completely,

I'm not gonna lie, I had a little cry

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    Aldi have loads of baby stuff next Thursday: cellular blankets, onesies, blankets, towels, muslins!!

A friend of ours is in labour I am so so excited can't wait for them to have babs :D

I went to have a look and then realised that I won't be getting to an Aldi next Thursday :D

Exciting times - I hope all goes well for your friend :)

Advertisement