Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is it!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Week 8 Insanity
    Wednesday - Cardio Core & Balance - 230 calories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

Great stuff. You're nearly there!

Week 8 Insanity
    Thursday - Max Cardio Conditioning - 375 calories. Both happy and peed off that my calorie count is coming down. Obviously getting fitter but means I have to do more to burn the same calories.... Oh well! Have noticed my heart rate goes back down much quicker too. Fit girl :-)

NSV (non scales victory) of the day as Myfitnesspal likes to call it - I am wearing jeans which I last wore before I got pregnant with oldest Dd (6) !! I kept them as motivation and because I liked them! Up to now they wouldn't go up over my thighs - now they are comfy! Thank you Shaun T!! Happy girl :-) :-) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Methven wrote: »
    NSV (non scales victory) of the day as Myfitnesspal likes to call it - I am wearing jeans which I last wore before I got pregnant with oldest Dd (6) !! I kept them as motivation and because I liked them! Up to now they wouldn't go up over my thighs - now they are comfy! Thank you Shaun T!! Happy girl :-) :-) :-)

Whoop whoop. Did you keep any "fat" jeans too? lay the skinny ones on top of the big ones and take a photo!

• Advertisement

Thank you! I'm delighted and have been going around with a smile on my face all day and doing lots of lunges in my jeans :D

Yes I kept one pair of 'bigger' jeans so must definitely do that photo to keep the motivation going. It's the little things that make you happy in getting fit isn't it? :)

Week 8 Insanity
    Friday - Max Interval Plyo - 403 cals
    Saturday - Max Cardio Recovery (185 cals) & Cardio Abs (111 cals)

Week 9 Insanity - LAST WEEK :eek:
    Sunday - Max Interval Plyo - 410 cals. Big walk with youngest DD too so all good!

Week 9 Insanity
    Monday - Max Cardio Conditioning - 378 calories.
    Tuesday - Core Cardio & Balance - 261 calories & Cardio Abs - 94 calories.

Another NSV - resting heart rate is down from 67 to 59! Getting fitter - big kiss to Shaun T :-)

Week 9 Insanity
    Wednesday - Max Interval Circuit - 443 calories. Very uncoordinated on the side suicide jumps - hate them!!

Week 9 Insanity
    Thursday - Max Interval Plyo - 389 calories. One more workout left!! Big gulp! Plan to do it in the morning and then weigh in / take measurements. Will do the final fit test on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Week 9 Insanity
    Thursday - Max Interval Plyo - 389 calories. One more workout left!! Big gulp! Plan to do it in the morning and then weigh in / take measurements. Will do the final fit test on Saturday.

Insanity Week 9
    Friday - last workout!!!! Did Max Cardio Conditioning (366 calories) & Cardio Abs (99 calories). Phew! Can't believe I'm finished. :)

And the results:

Weight loss: 6lbs - not a huge amount but I don't have a lot to lose, Hopefully it was more than that in fat!

Measurements: Down 12.25 inches - so happy :):):):):):)
    Bust: -2 (yeah that's really where a girl wants to lose :p - hopefully mainly back!)
    Chest: -2
    Waist: -1
    Hips: -1
    Thigh: -1 on each
    Calf: -.5 on each
    Upper arm: -.5 on each
    Lower arm: -1 on each (a bit odd! - didn't realise I had chubby forearms before this!!)
    Neck: -.25

Other differences: Overall look of my legs. They look a lot more athletic and toned. Shoulders and upper arms too (planks and pushups really do work!).
    Also as previously mentioned resting heart rate down from 67 to 59 and I fit into (comfortably) my pre-pregnancy jeans from nearly 7 years ago :D

All in all I'm a happy girl and delighted to have completed the programme. I'll do the last fit test tomorrow and post the differences with the first.

Next up for me is P90x (I am such a Beachbody Disciple!) but will do Insanity for the Cardio so it will really be a hybrid. I have the discs and just have to get the pullup bar at the weekend.

Happy Friday everyone!

Well done on your great results and all your hard work. You are freakin awesome and an inspiration to me for sure!
    I'd live to try the pump one have you seen it?

Well done on your great results and all your hard work. You are freakin awesome and an inspiration to me for sure!
    I'd live to try the pump one have you seen it?

Aw thanks DCD! So sweet! Yeah I have seen the Les Mills Pump - looks good although I think I might find it hard to wrap my head around 'High reps low weights' when I've been brainwashed with 'go heavy or go home' :D I am interested in her other one - Combat - (yes I know I have to tone down on my love of cardio!). I'll do P90x first and then have a rethink. What about you? Are you going to stick to NROLFW? Sounds from your log you are not 100% happy with the results so far. Its so hard to know isn't it? I think I'll invent a machine that scans you and tells you the exact mix of cardio/strenghth and calories/macros you need in order to achieve your goals! It would be great!!

Aw thanks DCD! So sweet! Yeah I have seen the Les Mills Pump - looks good although I think I might find it hard to wrap my head around 'High reps low weights' when I've been brainwashed with 'go heavy or go home' :D I am interested in her other one - Combat - (yes I know I have to tone down on my love of cardio!). I'll do P90x first and then have a rethink. What about you? Are you going to stick to NROLFW? Sounds from your log you are not 100% happy with the results so far. Its so hard to know isn't it? I think I'll invent a machine that scans you and tells you the exact mix of cardio/strenghth and calories/macros you need in order to achieve your goals! It would be great!!

Oh I didn't ealise it wwas high rep low weights sh!te, couldn't be doing with that. What would Chalene say!
    We really are chalk & cheese (or cardio & weights!) when it comes to exercise, I really do need to add some cardio in, well I supposee I have the last 2 weeks with my tm intervals - dh said something about tha being anaeroic rather than aerobic, I don't know if that matters....
    I've only been doing NROL for 2 weeks I supppose I dhould give it more of a chance...I emailed a pt yesterday but haven't hear back fom him...if he does get back to me I'll get a new programme off him.

I like the sound of that machine!!

We really are chalk & cheese (or cardio & weights!) when it comes to exercise,

Ha ha - yes we are! I love my cardio - just love the endorphins from it. Have to get back into more strength trainning though and hence P90x. I went through it at the weekend and saw there was an option for a 'Lean' version which basically means more cardio than the classic version - so tempted!!! But no I'm going to do the classic and hopefully doing the Insanity as well for the cardio will be the right combination of both cardio & strength. Have you looked at Jillian Michael's Body Revolution? Heard good things but need to read up on it. Might be good for you during the school hols?

Have you looked at Jillian Michael's Body Revolution? Heard good things but need to read up on it. Might be good for you during the school hols?

Funny, I said the same thing to someone on magicmum recently. She asked her oh for 30 day shred for Xmas and he got her that instead, lucky mare! It's bloody expensive, must get searching for torrents...

I finished Insanity on Friday and did Fit Test at the weekend to see what my progress was from Week 1 to Week 9. The following are the results:

Switch Kicks - (154/2) = 77 to 82 (+5)
    Power Jacks - 48 to 68 (+20)
    Power Knees - 80 to 107 (+27)
    Power Jumps - 32 to 58 (+26)
    Globe Jumps - 9 to 11 (+2 rotations)
    Suicide Jumps - 11 to 13 (+2)
    Pushup Jacks - 15 to 27 (+12)
    Low Plank Obliques - 54 to 88 (+34)

Very happy with these improvements :)

Taking this week off from an official programme and will just do some Turbo Fire / Jillian Michaels to keep me in the zone. I have a lot on this week so didn't want the pressure of a new programme on top of that. Also needed a mental break!!

I went through the p90x discs last night. Most of the workouts are 58/59 mins except for the Yoga one which is 1h 32 mins!!!! The cardio ones are not nearly as challenging as Insanity so I'm glad I'm doing the hybrid. The first workout is Shoulders and Back and is basically 59 mins of Pull Ups and Pushups :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm not sure I can even do one Pull Up :o Oh well I'll give it a good go anyway!

Well doen on those numbers - excellent !

Re the pull ups - does it offer modifications? - you could use a band to assist, or do jumping pull-ups, or negatives.

Well doen on those numbers - excellent !

Re the pull ups - does it offer modifications? - you could use a band to assist, or do jumping pull-ups, or negatives.
    Yeah it does thankfully. 2 of them do normal versions, one does it using a chair with one leg balanced on it (I bet I'd fall off!!) and one guy with the bands. I bought the pull up bar for over the door (dh is convinced I'll break the door frame - the cheek!) so I'll try that and use the chair and bands if necessary. It will definitely be a challenge :-)

• Advertisement

A week off from a structured programme and I'm back!

Started my P90x / Insanity hybrid last night. Day 1 was Chest/Back. Have to say I'm not feeling the love for P90x. I know its very early days but its due to a number of reasons:

1. Equipment - I bought the pullup bar for over the door. Spent the weekend trying to find a suitable door in the house. Only one is!! Yes we have strange funny sized doors :(. The only one suitable is upstairs beside the kids room. As I work out either very early / late this is obviously not ideal and I can't be keeping them awake with my huffing & puffing and also potentially falling over the banisters (very close!). So I decided I'll bring that back and use resistance bands instead (there is an option to use them). I discovered last night that the band I have is definitely not 'hard' enough and I need to get a new one.

2. Pushups - I thought I had gotten so much better at these (doing 'real' ones instead of girly ones). Then I do P90x and discover I am crap!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: The amount / speed / variety of pushups is insane. I'm not a very patient person and don't know if I can build up to the numbers in the programme. I found some of them impossible to do - even one!!

3. Calorie burn - 167 calories :eek: due to my lack of tough enough equipment / inability to do a gizzillion pushups. Very peed off.

Anyway I'm not a quitter and I have Insanity today :):):) I'll try this for a week or so and then re-assess. Maybe I'll do a Chalean Extreme / Insanity hybrid. I do really want to up my strength training and ideally do 3 and 3 in terms of workouts. As the gym isn't an option I need to look for another dvd based programme or one I can do myself. The NROLFW seems to have an 'at home version' - for anyone following this do you thisnk that is reaalistic? Also I would welcome opinions on the following which I spotted yesterday on Pinterest - www.kettlebellkickboxing.com.

Any other suggestions??????:confused::confused::confused:

Week 1 P90x / Insanity hybrid
    Tuesday - Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit - 376 calories. Forgot how 'easy' the first month is :-) Smile on my face now - loved it!

Week 1 P90x / Insanity hybrid
    Wednesday - P90x Shoulders & Arms - phew! That was much better. Lots of shoulder, bicep & tricep work. Tough but doable. All dumbbells apart from tricep dips (chair). 59 mins and I'm sore now but in a good way.

Glad it has turned out not quite as awful as you thought :)

Have been sick for the last few days and feeling crappy :-( so haven't had the energy to work out. Will start again tomorrow. In good news I've got my new resistance bands - a variety this time so will be able to give P90x a proper go. Will use them for the pullups and use normal weights for everything else. So I'm going to start Week 1 again tomorrow. I notice that when I don't work out my eating isn't the cleanest so I'm feeling a bit Ms Blobby at the moment! Roll on tomorrow!

Week 1 (again!) P90x / Insanity hybridi:

Monday:P90x - Chest & Back. Well was just finishing this and experienced my first P90x injury:mad: I had the band attached to door with the special attachment and with my super strength managed to open the door and the whole thing came flying at me. Next thing I knew blood was streaming down my face from a cut on my head :eek: Thankfully it was superficial - DH nearly had a heart attack!! Anyway next time I'll lock the door!
    Tuesday: Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit - 370 calories

Yoikes! Glad you're not seriosly hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Wow. seriously Unlucky.
    Im currently on day 3 of P90X.
    Day 1 was tough. Triceps are still screwed.
    and ive shoulder/arms tonight. :(

Drop me PM if uve time.
    Sean

Week 1 - P90x / Insanity Hybrid

Wednesday - P90x Shoulders & Arms & Ab Ripper X
    Thursday - Insanity Pure Cardio
    Friday - P90x Back & Biceps & Insanity Cardio Abs

Big night out tonight - hopefully will be able for 'Kenpo Cardio Plus' tomorrow :eek:

• Advertisement

Busy girl these last few days - off with the kids!! Phew - way tougher than being at work!

So finishing off Week 1 of P90x / Insanity hybrid:
    Saturday - rest day (yes I was hung over :rolleyes: - not too bad but no energy)
    Sunday - P90x Kenpo Cardio Plus

Week 2:
    Monday - P90x Chest & Back & Ab Ripper X - managed not to injure myself this time! :D
    Tuesday - Insanity Max Intervals
    Haven't done today's yet - will when I get a spare hour away from the little monsters!

A new NSV! Bought a size 8 dress :):):):):) So delighted - never happened before! Normally a 10 or 12 depending on the weight. The girl in the shop said the size 10 was 'hanging off me'. I plan to wear it with the label 'accidently' sticking out - ha ha!

Advertisement