Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wages & Staff

Options
  • 03-11-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi i just looking for a bit of advice. i've been working for a retail company in a managerial position for over a year now, still on same wages as when i started. I have recently taken on a part time sales assistant and she is on the same wage as me. I have brought this to my employers attention but i have still not heard anything back, has anyone any advice as i just do not think this is fair.:mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

metoyouxxx wrote: »
    Hi i just looking for a bit of advice. i've been working for a retail company in a managerial position for over a year now, still on same wages as when i started. I have recently taken on a part time sales assistant and she is on the same wage as me. I have brought this to my employers attention but i have still not heard anything back, has anyone any advice as i just do not think this is fair.:mad::mad:
    Work & Jobs forum might be better one for help here, but that does seem unfair. I have heard of people who started on a particular wage and then goit promoted with only a tiny increase being told that it will be good for their CV etc, but in fairness I think your employer is taking the p**s here, I'd be after a 10-20% minimum increase if I was you but unfortunately it's an employers market at the moment and they hold all the aces and can easily tell you where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭metoyouxxx

Hi i just looking for a bit of advice. i've been working for a retail company in a managerial position for over a year now, still on same wages as when i started. I have recently taken on a part time sales assistant and she is on the same wage as me. I have brought this to my employers attention but i have still not heard anything back, has anyone any advice as i just do not think this is fair.mad.gifmad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

metoyouxxx wrote: »
    Hi i just looking for a bit of advice. i've been working for a retail company in a managerial position for over a year now, still on same wages as when i started. I have recently taken on a part time sales assistant and she is on the same wage as me. I have brought this to my employers attention but i have still not heard anything back, has anyone any advice as i just do not think this is fair.mad.gifmad.gif

That's crazy, have you got a union? Have a look at the salary survey sites and see what a comparable wage should be. You really should earn more than a part time sales assistant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

What position is a Managerial Position? Shop floor supervisor? Assitant Manager?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭skyline1515

i also work in a managerial role in retail, i had to take a 10% paycut last year.. and loose my bonus etc i'm only earning 1.25 an hour extra than the part timers... its a joke out there at the moment, retail owner are trying to cut money every where, i saw the same position as i have advertised in my company offering up to 3k more than me... it baffles me:confused: im going to my union tomorrow:D

And i know i should be glad to have a job but i think a fair days pay for a fair days work.... i dont think it is fair

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭metoyouxxx

What position is a Managerial Position? Shop floor supervisor? Assitant Manager?

concession manager !!!!!

Advertisement