Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

German movie late 80s or early 90s about a young couple who go on a killing spree.The girl has a pet rabbit and in one scene the guy sets a stolen car that they've been using on fire,the girl realises the rabbit is still in the car and runs back to the car but he holds her back and it gos up in flames.They are caught and towards the end he is demonstrating to a detective during interogation how he carried out the killings.(And no it was not Run Lola Run)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

darkdubh wrote: »
    German movie late 80s or early 90s about a young couple who go on a killing spree.The girl has a pet rabbit and in one scene the guy sets a stolen car that they've been using on fire,the girl realises the rabbit is still in the car and runs back to the car but he holds her back and it gos up in flames.They are caught and towards the end he is demonstrating to a detective during interogation how he carried out the killings.(And no it was not Run Lola Run)

Nekromantik ?

Ageyev wrote: »

No,I've seen that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Can anyone tell me what this is? It was a film about a normal family in America, who either moved to a neighbourhood, or the main protagonists moved in beside them. Anyway, they seemed so normal, they were even involved in the Scouts, but it turned out they were terrorists. I think it was a kindov a B-rated, straight-to-tv type film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

newmug wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what this is? It was a film about a normal family in America, who either moved to a neighbourhood, or the main protagonists moved in beside them. Anyway, they seemed so normal, they were even involved in the Scouts, but it turned out they were terrorists. I think it was a kindov a B-rated, straight-to-tv type film.

It wasn't a B movie but it sounds like the plot to Arlington Road

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

That's the one! Go raibh maith agat!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

hey all

The movie I'm looking for is set in the 40/50/60s I think. It's about the British invading an african country. It's on the same lines as Zulu. I think there are battles in the african desert.

At the end of a battle they british troops come home and I think one of their girlfriends has married someone else.

That's really all I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mdolan0

hey everyone, im looking for the name of a movie that i can NOT remember. The small amount that i remember is; a black guy steals a briefcase full of money AND kidnaps a girl. He takes her back to a hotel, when he goes to take a shower, she opens the briefcase and gets dyed from the dye pack because it was stolen from a bank. That is all i can remember, thanks for any help!

NoQuarter wrote: »
    hey all

The movie I'm looking for is set in the 40/50/60s I think. It's about the British invading an african country. It's on the same lines as Zulu. I think there are battles in the african desert.

At the end of a battle they british troops come home and I think one of their girlfriends has married someone else.

Were they fighting Africans in the movie or the Germans?

Were they fighting Africans in the movie or the Germans?

I actually cant remember! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 SiomhaReid

Hi, I've been searching for a film everywhere and no luck!
    It's about a couple who live together in their apartment, very quirky film.
    Every morning when they wake they say "Good morning, person" or something like that!
    They young enough and the woman was unfaithful. That's all I remember! Anyway please let me know if you know what film I'm talking about! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭biketard

NoQuarter wrote: »
    hey all

Hey, NoQuarter. It wouldn't be The Four Feathers, would it?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240510/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_11
    (there are other versions of that movie, btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

mdolan0 wrote: »
    hey everyone, im looking for the name of a movie that i can NOT remember. The small amount that i remember is; a black guy steals a briefcase full of money AND kidnaps a girl. He takes her back to a hotel, when he goes to take a shower, she opens the briefcase and gets dyed from the dye pack because it was stolen from a bank. That is all i can remember, thanks for any help!

Hard Luck (2006)

watch at about 42 seconds

If this is correct you can rewatch it 11pm tonight on More Than Movies

or catch the repeat on Wednesday 21st Jan at 11.25pm (same channel)

A 1970s or maybe late 60s movie where a young white boy is on the run with a black man,not sure what the relationship between them was.I think it was set in Australia and the black man was not an Aboriginal.They were on the run from a villian who was I think trying to kill the boy.In the end there a showdown at some sort of tourist spot at the top of a sheer cliff and theres a struggle where the baddie ends up falling to his death.I can't remember any more details about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Sounds like storm boy.

Sounds like storm boy.

This?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076767/

It dosen't sound anything like the movie I described apart from the fact that its Australian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

A 1970s or maybe late 60s movie where a young white boy is on the run with a black man,not sure what the relationship between them was.I think it was set in Australia and the black man was not an Aboriginal.They were on the run from a villian who was I think trying to kill the boy.In the end there a showdown at some sort of tourist spot at the top of a sheer cliff and theres a struggle where the baddie ends up falling to his death.I can't remember any more details about it.

Backroads (1977) has a pair, one black one white.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075716/

May not be it. There is a shooting at the end.

EDIT - should be on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Iforgot518

... but I'd love a hand. I've been trying to think of the name of this movie for years. I think it's from the last 10 - 15 years ago or so. What I remember:

A stuntman, somewhere in mexico/ arizona (someplace like that) falls off his horse and is convalescing in some kind of hospital or inn or something. It seemed very dusty and rural. It may or may not have had something to do with Harold LLoyd. Maybe I'm making that up, though! There was a cute little Mexican or Spanish girl that would visit him, and I think he would tell her stories.

Anybody know what it could be called? Thank you!

Iforgot518 wrote: »
    ... but I'd love a hand. I've been trying to think of the name of this movie for years. I think it's from the last 10 - 15 years ago or so. What I remember:

A stuntman, somewhere in mexico/ arizona (someplace like that) falls off his horse and is convalescing in some kind of hospital or inn or something. It seemed very dusty and rural. It may or may not have had something to do with Harold LLoyd. Maybe I'm making that up, though! There was a cute little Mexican or Spanish girl that would visit him, and I think he would tell her stories.

Anybody know what it could be called? Thank you!

it's The Fall with Lee Pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Iforgot518

it's The Fall with Lee Pace.

My friend, thank you so much. A thousand blessings upon you and your family.

• Advertisement

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Backroads (1977) has a pair, one black one white.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075716/

May not be it. There is a shooting at the end.

EDIT - should be on YouTube.

No this was deffo not it.It may not even have been Australian but the setting seemed very Aussie.It could have been South Africa but more than likely Australian.The black man was deffo not an Aborigine,he was African extraction or Carribian which was what makes me think maybe SA but its unlikely an Apartheid era movie would have had a leading black actor.

Edit:the white boy was pretty young,maybe about ten.I think I can vaugely remember a scene where the main villian kills his parents early on in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

No this was deffo not it.It may not even have been Australian but the setting seemed very Aussie.It could have been South Africa but more than likely Australian.The black man was deffo not an Aborigine,he was African extraction or Carribian which was what makes me think maybe SA but its unlikely an Apartheid era movie would have had a leading black actor.

Edit:the white boy was pretty young,maybe about ten.I think I can vaugely remember a scene where the main villian kills his parents early on in the film.

Hard one to call. Something similar made in 1971 called walkabout by Nicholas roeg but don't think it's your one.

Hard one to call. Something similar made in 1971 called walkabout by Nicholas roeg but don't think it's your one.

No I've seen that one several times,its not Walkabout.

biketard wrote: »
    Hey, NoQuarter. It wouldn't be The Four Feathers, would it?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240510/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_11
    (there are other versions of that movie, btw)

Biketard,

Thanks so much, that may well be it! I'm going to give it a watch this weekend but by the looks of the trailer that's the one!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

looking for an old Sherlock Holmes movie. The plot is a bank is robbed by tunnel being dug from the street. The plot twist is that a dummy vault has been build and Sherlock figures out that the depths do not match. I checked a listing of the black and white movies but didnt see any that matched. So may have been a 50's 60's movie???. Its possible the whole thing is a figment of my childhood imagination but I dont think so

Any help would be great

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

looking for an old Sherlock Holmes movie. The plot is a bank is robbed by tunnel being dug from the street. The plot twist is that a dummy vault has been build and Sherlock figures out that the depths do not match. I checked a listing of the black and white movies but didnt see any that matched. So may have been a 50's 60's movie???. Its possible the whole thing is a figment of my childhood imagination but I dont think so

Any help would be great

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

silverharp wrote: »
    Sherlock figures out that the depths do not match.

Sherlock Holmes in New York, 1976, starring Roger Moore (!!!).

Sherlock Holmes in New York, 1976, starring Roger Moore (!!!).

Wow well done never would have remembered Moore and had it pegged as an older movie in my head. Then again had black and white TV at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Unfortunately I can't remember if this one was a movie or a TV show like the Twilight Zone but I would have seen it in the late 70s or very early 80s. It's about an aircrew crashed in the desert sort of like Flight of the Phoenix waiting for a rescue team only it turns out they were all killed in the crash or died later of thirst and the rescue team are only there to retrieve their bodies and the crew are all now ghosts. If I recall correctly as each guy's body gets dug up their ghost disappeared.

Please someone tell me that I didn't imagine this plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Unfortunately I can't remember if this one was a movie or a TV show like the Twilight Zone but I would have seen it in the late 70s or very early 80s. It's about an aircrew crashed in the desert sort of like Flight of the Phoenix waiting for a rescue team only it turns out they were all killed in the crash or died later of thirst and the rescue team are only there to retrieve their bodies and the crew are all now ghosts. If I recall correctly as each guy's body gets dug up their ghost disappeared.

Please someone tell me that I didn't imagine this plot.

Sounds like
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sole_Survivor_%281970_film%29

Advertisement