Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the earliest/latest you've ever hit the road for a run?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Plenty of 4:30-5am starts for LSR's and recovery run. I've often tried to do tempo runs early in the morning but it never goes well!
    Nothing better than getting home before the rest of the family is up on a Saturday or Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Earliest 5.20 am after airport run, just this week as it happens.Latest probably about 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

sideswipe wrote: »
    Nothing better than getting home before the rest of the family is up on a Saturday or Sunday.

And then going for a nap!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Latest has been maybe 10pm, earliest has been 4.30am for a long run coming up to conn ultra this year.

Used to do all my running in the evenings but last year I switched to mornings and I love it and would hate to go back to evenings! Most mornings I'm out at 6-6.30am.

It can be odd in the winter as I've the head torch and I see very few cars (if at all) once I'm on the back country roads,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

For those of you running at 5/6am what time are you going to bed?
    I would imagine in the summer it is lovely to be running with the sun coming up. If I dont get 8 hours of solid sleep my immune system gets weak even after a single night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

I usually try be in bed before 10 and as close to 9 as I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I used to get up at 5 am to go running when I started january 2013, I never looked out at the weather just opened the door and out I went, Ran in sleet and snow, driving rain and enjoyed every minute of it.

latest run would have been 10 or 11 at night on really warm days last year .

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

I think it was 1990 or 91, there was a 5k road race that started at 11:50pm on New Years Eve and ran around the Liberties in Dublin, passing St Patricks as the bells were ringing in the new year. An amazing event... would love it to be on again. I place top 3 that night and won a lamp that is still working in my mothers house. Those were the good old days!!!

So I guess that's the earliest and latest runs, both at the same event.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,547 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How anyone (non elite or non competitor) drags themselves out of bed to go for a run is beyond me. Fair enough, running to work means you are getting up anyway, but to drah yourself out of a sleep to run?:eek:

Earliest I'd run on a day off would be 1000 hrs!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

walshb wrote: »
    How anyone (non elite or non competitor) drags themselves out of bed to go for a run is beyond me. Fair enough, running to work means you are getting up anyway, but to drah yourself out of a sleep to run?:eek

I used to think that, but doing it in the morning leaves your entire day free. It also warms you up, wakes you up and it means you don't have to shower again in the evening after running as you can just shower after a morning run.

At this stage, regardless of if I'm working or weekend/holiday I'll still wake up early and have no problem going for a run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Latest was a 10miler 00:30 til 01:45. I prefare to run late at night, nobody around,
    The thoughts of getting out of bed to go out on an early run would be enough to put me off running,
    :-) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Gavlor

How anyone (non elite or non competitor) drags themselves out of bed to go for a run is beyond me. Fair enough, running to work means you are getting up anyway, but to drah yourself out of a sleep to run?:eek:

Finally! A normal person.

This thread is confirmation that you are all addicts and that the majority here suffer from a sever case of OCD. You people need professional help!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Many of us train to race. Most races are on in the morning.

Many of us train to race. Most races are on in the morning.

I don't find it odd/crazy for racers/competitor to be up at 'ungodly' hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Gavlor wrote: »
    Finally! A normal person.

You find WalshB to be a normal person and you're saying everyone else needs professional help ?

WalshB, it's a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I don't find it odd/crazy for racers/competitor to be up at 'ungodly' hours.
    I do find it strange at times. I get up at 8am every day for work. At weekends, I invariably end up getting up earlier than I do during the working week (for races or group runs). Running is the scourge of weekends and lie-ins.

PaulieC wrote: »
    You find WalshB to be a normal person and you're saying everyone else needs professional help ?

Only non elite and non racers who struggle out of deep sleeps to pound the pavements for 60 minutes covering a staggering 5-6 k!:)

I do find it strange at times. I get up at 8am every day for work. At weekends, I invariably end up getting up earlier than I do during the working week (for races or group runs). Running is the scourge of weekends and lie-ins.

So true.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Ah there's nothing like a 5 am run in the local park with the dew on the grass and the birds singing to start off a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Windorah

I would often set the alarm for 5am and be out for 5.15-5.30 am certainly no earlier!!

On the other end of the scale if I rolled over when the alarm went off it could be 10pm before I finish my run.

I did once go for a run after coming home from the pub prob about 2am.. I don't know is that in the latest or earliest category though!!

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    Ah there's nothing like a 5 am run in the local park with the dew on the grass and the birds singing to start off a day.

I would think so. I have tried many times to get out early, but when I am forced to drag myself out of a deep sleep then then it's really not worth it.

Advertisement