Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog with a rash

• 19-07-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi . My dog has developed a rash recently. No other symptoms, she just licks it alot. Very blotchy and only on her underside. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. She is a 3 year old red setter cross and does have hayfever. Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I can recommend you go to your vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Have you given her a bath recently.Happened me once bathed my boxer he was stinking,came out in bad rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

If your dog has hayfever then it's probably a pollen allergy. If you walk her through grassy areas it helps to wipe down her coat with a damp cloth when you get home. A good coat and skin supplement such as Yumega or salmon oil should help a little. You could also get some local honey in advance of pollen season next year and give her a little every day to boost her immunity - but it has to be local.

I'd definitely be making a trip to the vet - she may need a short course of corticosteroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭jassha

Thanks all. Been a great help

Advertisement