Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harbour Hotel Radio show theme tune

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Tabnabs wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harvest-Supper/dp/B002HSRG5U

I won't be able to get it out of my head now!!
    10 euro to Focus Ireland on the way- thanks all for this.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Glad to see my Ronan Collins suggestion worked! He's very responsive to listeners ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭sudzs

Our dog was fed religiously every day just as Harbour Hotel was starting. So when the dog was sent to my sister's to be minded for the first time, she couldn't understand why the dog went into a fit of barking at her and jumping around the place every day when Harbour Hotel would start!! The poor dog was conditioned to expect dinner whenever that tune started! :D

....it's stuck in my head now too! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Interesting list of RTÉ recordings here. I don't see Harbour Hotel on it anywhere.

Bear in mind that the theme tune to the Gay Byrne radio show was not an RTÉ tune, it's actually 'Tico's Tune', by 'Manuel & the Music of the Mountains', and that could be true of Harbour Hotel too.

The Gay Byrne Radio Show music. Listen to it from 15 seconds in :)

Great find mo chara

Would of driven spare if I hadn't heard it soon :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Sorry for resurecting a zombie thread.I picked up an old LP of library music in a charity shop during the week.Playing side 2 I had an immediete sense of deja-vu on one particular track.I knew it was from Radio One that I remembered it and spent considerable time racking my brain till the name Harbour Hotel popped into my head.Googling it brought me to All Things Retro(where else?).Heres the record that the piece of music appears on.

12294896_734771016653165_1559510615410241841_n.jpg?oh=1c3b323bd9208be230814d5f8bdaa81c&oe=56E2B925

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

darkdubh wrote: »
    Sorry for resurecting a zombie thread.I picked up an old LP of library music in a charity shop during the week.Playing side 2 I had an immediete sense of deja-vu on one particular track.I knew it was from Radio One that I remembered it and spent considerable time racking my brain till the name Harbour Hotel popped into my head.Googling it brought me to All Things Retro(where else?).Heres the record that the piece of music appears on.

12294896_734771016653165_1559510615410241841_n.jpg?oh=1c3b323bd9208be230814d5f8bdaa81c&oe=56E2B925

Nice find, anything else of interest on it? Was it UK or Irish TV that the music is based ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Nice find, anything else of interest on it? Was it UK or Irish TV that the music is based ?

It was produced by a UK company Boosey And Hawkes,released in 1972.Its library music so it wouldent have been for sale commercialy.The rest of the music is in a pretty similar vein,its all based around a pastoral theme.I'm not aware of any of the other music being used in anything but its bound to have been at some point down the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jenningso

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Jaysis, school holidays in the kitchen with de mammy at lunchtime, listening to Harbour Hotel! :)

Advertisement