Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Generous Sony apology

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

The greed I've seen sickens me tbh, especially from those that never paid for PSN and expect all these gifts in return. For what? for a few weeks down time because of hackers attacking their servers. Sony don't want PSN to be down more than you do. It's costing them their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Just to be clear. For those who can't be bothered reading. ***The list of games mentioned on the previous page is a complete fabrication***. Please stop creating further confusion by treating the list as fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Webmonkey wrote: »
    And how much money would you expect?

It's not about how much, it's about choice. Any bit of money they give could be put towards something you actually want, rather than a short list of 5 games. For me the main reward is the Playstation Plus membership for one month. To be honest, that'd be enough for me.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    If there is a fraudulent charge on your credit card, once you notify them you won't pay it either, so again, it's costing you nothing. That is even under the slim chance that your credit card details are taken and used.

That was actually a joke. I've never given credit card details to them. Only used 3v vouchers or PSN credit.

Varik wrote: »
    Ye Sony suck.

All metacritic scores

PS3
    Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction 89
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 88
    MotorStorm 84
    Warhawk 84

Xbox 360
    Halo 3 94
    Forza Motorsport 2 90
    Project Gotham Racing 4 85
    Crackdown 83
    Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation 80

Wii
    Super Mario Galaxy 97
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 90
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure 87
    Super Paper Mario 85

PS3
    LittleBigPlanet 95
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 94
    Resistance 2 87
    Valkyria Chronicles 86
    MotorStorm: Pacific Rift 82
    Gran Turismo 5 Prologue 80

Xbox 360
    Gears of War 2 93
    Fable II 89
    Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise 82
    Naruto: The Broken Bond 80

Wii
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl 93
    Boom Blox 85
    No More Heroes 83
    Mario Kart Wii 82
    Wii Fit 80
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King 82

PS3
    Uncharted 2 96
    Killzone 2 91
    MLB 09: The Show 90
    Demon's Souls 89
    Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time 87
    inFamous 85

Xbox 360
    Forza Motorsport 3 92
    Halo ODST 83
    Halo Wars 82

Wii
    Metroid Prime Trilogy 91
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii 87
    Little King's Story 87
    Boom Blox Bash Party 86
    Punch-Out!! 86
    MadWorld 81
    EA Sports Active 81
    Muramasa: The Demon Blade 81
    Wii Sports Resort 80
    Wii Fit Plus 80
    EA Sports Active More Workouts 80
    A Boy and His Blob 80

PS3
    God of War III 92
    MLB 10 91
    Heavy Rain 87
    Gran Turismo 5 84
    Mod Nation Racers 82
    Yakuza 3 80

Xbox 360
    Halo Reach 91
    Alan Wake 83
    Fable 3 80

Wii
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 97
    Kirby's Epic Yarn 87
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 87
    Sin and Punishment: Star Successor 87
    Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars 85
    Monster Hunter Tri 84
    No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle 82
    Trauma Team 82
    GoldenEye 007 81
    Red Steel 2 80

PS3
    Little Big Planet 92
    Killzone 3 84
    MLB 11 89
    Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD 81

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Money credited to your account? How much money did the PSN being down cost you exactly?

What has this to with anything? Sony have stated that they wish to offer a 'goodwill' gesture, so this has nothing to do with ascertained damages.

IMO, the PSN+ offer is just a puff of smoke - 'here is something, but you can't keep it, unless......you pay us some money, all you have to do is just place your CC details right here'. I assume that the irony of this is lost on no one. (yes I know there are other payment methods, but nonetheless it still retains the irony).

So the choice of 5 games to pick from to suit 77million accounts. Now by my maths (thats 'sums' to the catholic school boys) theres going to be a whole lot of induction and integration required to make this fit.

Of course it should be the 5 'best', or by another name 'most popular'. Unfortunately, by definition, the greatest number of users already have these, so that doesn't suit. The 5 least downloaded are least downloaded for a reason. So which 5 games suit?
    none

Sony need to plan their next move very carefully before it turns into a 'hey everyone else gets a free game except me' (anger) for a lot of people, including those who were not angry with the outage.
    And how much money would you expect?

Maybe a choice of 2 games or the monetary value (or a decent percentage of) of the 2 games selected, whichever suits the customer. Its very difficult to see how a restricted list of 5 games can work to suit everyone. IMO. I think it has the potential to become a negative PR exercise for Sony - remember, their customers are gamers!

PS. anyone who doesn't like the choice can I have your 2 games please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm closing this, there's already enough discussion on the PS forum.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    The greed I've seen sickens me tbh, especially from those that never paid for PSN and expect all these gifts in return. For what? for a few weeks down time because of hackers attacking their servers. Sony don't want PSN to be down more than you do. It's costing them their business.

I'm not asking Sony for anything. I'm not demanding anything in return for the PSN being down. All I'm saying is, from a business point of view, they should give the customers something to restore confidence. I have a 360 and like I said, I'm considering getting Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat on Xbox instead so I can play them online. I'll always be more inclined to buy my game on PS3 tthough because I just prefer it. But other people may not be the same. Other people may consider getting or buying their games for the 360 instead. Like you said, it is costing Sony their business. They need to keep their customers from jumping ship, so should offer an enticing reward. Obviously, giving people €10 each or something like thag would be more of a financial disaster, but the reward has to be enough reason for people to consider giving Sony their credit card information again.

Sorry for the multiple posts, on the mobile site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement