Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How much more rubbish is going to be spewed?

• 08-07-2012 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this thread is cutting across other threads already active!

On the 8 February 2012, we were told that the Minister for Transport said they are going to review all speed limits on Irish roads as some might be too low - I can think of the national road from Killarney to Kenmare being 100KMH where in places 2 cars struggle to pass each other, while the dual carriageway from Newbridge to Naas is only 80KMH as being prime examples. Heard nothing of this since. http://www.dttas.ie/pressRelease.aspx?Id=495

Last week, there was 'rejoicement' on the radio when the Government announced that the price of fuel should drop by up to 10c/litre in the coming weeks. Since then Brent Crude has climbed by over $10/barrel, and the station I buy my diesel in upped their price by 3c/litre within the past week.

Where are these lies going to end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Yeah those bastards I'm lenster house are rigging the international oil markets , it's a conspiracy I tells ya ...... :)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Markcheese wrote: »
    Yeah those bastards I'm lenster house are rigging the international oil markets , it's a conspiracy I tells ya ...... :)

LOL, I hear You MC.

But my point is they make points and don't (appear to) put any thought into what they are saying. Making these predictions and then shooting themselves in the foot ain't the kind of thing the government should be leaving themselves open to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Well I assumed when they were reviewing the speed limits the intention was to lower them, even if they claimed they were open minded about it.
    About the oil, well petrol and diesel were cheaper in France last week then here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 maykitrayen

Brent crude dropped over 25% since February yet there was rejoicing over them passing on a mere 3% of that at the pumps.

Thinking of the antics of the people who operate the petrol stations makes me incredibly angry.

Advertisement