Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA Regular Season 2011/2012

• 13-12-2011 10:15pm

Thought it would be a good idea to set up a thread for the new season.

Cant wait for it to start back especially when it looked like the whole season could be scrapped.

Being a Bulls fan I hope they can finally win the championship again for the 1st time since the Jordan days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

10 days to go :cool:

ESPN's schedule for the day 1 (Christmas Day) action:

5pm: Boston Celtics @ New York Knicks

7:30pm: Miami Heat @ Dallas Mavericks

10pm: Chicago Bulls @ LA Lakers (D Rose is going to put on a Christmas special ;))

01:00am: Orlando Magic @ Oklahoma City Thunder

Couldn't ask for more really.

Perfect time for the first game to start also as all the family dinner shite will be over with and the more important stuff can take over :pac:

Turkey sandwiches, tins of sweets and plenty of beer whilst lying off by the fire watching the games. What more could a man want? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Bulls game at ten. Couldn't be more perfect :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/basketball.html

Links for tonights preseason games :)

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/basketball.html

Links for tonights preseason games :)

Sweet, thanks. I'll watch the Bulls game if I can stay awake. Absolutely shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Heard the Bulls first round choice Jimmy Butler will be getting some game time, hard not to root for the guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Butler_%28basketball%29

• Advertisement

padraig_f wrote: »
    Heard the Bulls first round choice Jimmy Butler will be getting some game time, hard not to root for the guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Butler_%28basketball%29

Good stuff, looking forward to seeing how he does. Yep, it would be great if things worked out for him. Apparently the day after he was drafted D Rose rang him up and told him to come round to his house to hang out, I think they have a mutual friend.

Get your money on: Bulls to beat the Lakers on Christmas day. Players look in shape, liked the intensity for the first preseason game, and with minimal changes, they look they'll hit the ground running (Bynum is also suspended for that game, after his clothesline on JJ Barea in the playoffs last year).

Jimmy Butler had a good first game. 3-3 from the field with two trips to the line, defended well, playing both guard and small-forward position. Will be great if he can be a reliable backup for Deng, who I thought played too many minutes last season and wore down towards the end.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Get your money on: Bulls to beat the Lakers on Christmas day. Players look in shape, liked the intensity for the first preseason game, and with minimal changes, they look they'll hit the ground running (Bynum is also suspended for that game, after his clothesline on JJ Barea in the playoffs last year).

Jimmy Butler had a good first game. 3-3 from the field with two trips to the line, defended well, playing both guard and small-forward position. Will be great if he can be a reliable backup for Deng, who I thought played too many minutes last season and wore down towards the end.

Just watched the rest of the game after I fell asleep early. I felt CJ Watson played well too, stepping in for Rose who was in a bit of foul trouble. Things are looking good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Ember Damp Racetrack

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

Knicks tho.

• Advertisement

Champs: Heat def. OKC

MVP: LeBron
    Finals MVP: DWade
    ROY: Kyrie Irving
    DPOY: Dwight
    MIP: Prob John Wall

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Borisss wrote: »
    Champs: Heat def. OKC

MVP: LeBron
    Finals MVP: DWade
    ROY: Kyrie Irving
    DPOY: Dwight
    MIP: Prob John Wall
    Agree with all of these. As much as I dislike the Heat I think they will probably be able to overcome the problems they had last year and beat OKC/DAL/whover makes it out of the West.
    Only team I can realistically see give the Heat a challenge is Chicago, it'll be interesting to see how Hamilton plays alongside Rose.
    Someone else might be chose instead of Dwight Howard as DPOY just so he doesn't win it every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Yeah I'd also agree with all of those choices. Unless something really significant happens to someone else's roster, I think Miami runs through the league this year. Rip Hamilton's a good player and all but I don't think he's gonna be enough for Chicago, IMO.

Anyone catch the Clippers/Lakers last night?

Man the Clippers are going to be exciting to watch this year, as well as being highly likable.

Dunno if they can really contend in the West though, but maybe if they can pick up a back up big man in a trade, who knows.

OKC and Dallas are probably still too strong though. Really like that OKC bench.

Lolakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Only preseason but you still gotta love explosive dunks such as this regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Especially so when they're against the Lakers.

How about this for a block?

Possibly getting over-excited after one pre-season game but loving the look of the Bulls offense with Rip Hamilton. His movement & link-up play with Rose makes the offense look much more dynamic & balanced, you don't know where the shot is going to come from, so it creates easier opportunities for everyone. Big difference in transition as well, last year there was essentially one option: Rose taking it to the rim himself. Now he has Rip running out ahead of him on the wing, so he can pass it out there or take it in himself, much harder to defend.

Bogans drew a lot of criticism last year for his lack of shooting accuracy but probably a bigger problem was the one-dimensional style of the 2-guards, they were basically all just spot-up shooters. Hamilton can pass better than any of them, he can put the ball on the floor, he can post players up, and do the spot-up shooting, so it gives so many more options for the offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Watching the Clippers/Lakers game here! Impressive first quarter so far...Clippers look really good...but then then Lakers haven't looked great and yet they're ahead by 3 without Kobe!

Meta World Peace :rolleyes: has looked terrible...typical he scores as I type!

Anyone think CP3 is carrying a bit of weight?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Just a heads up that if you have an nba.tv account, you can get NBA.TV League Pass Free Preview now. The preview last's from Dec 25th to Jan 9th and gives you access to every game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Just a heads up that if you have an nba.tv account, you can get NBA.TV League Pass Free Preview now. The preview last's from Dec 25th to Jan 9th and gives you access to every game :)

• Advertisement

Have NBA.tv loaded up now waiting for the first game of the day to start, bring it on :)

Paully D wrote: »
    Have NBA.tv loaded up now waiting for the first game of the day to start, bring it on :)

Exact same here !

Is it down for ye? Can't seem to connect to it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Can't get on either. Shouldn't have closed it after earlier.

Sopcast Channel 116205 is running near perfect but it's doing that looping problem I've came across on Sopcast a few times lately... grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Sopcast Channel 116205 is running near perfect but it's doing that looping problem I've came across on Sopcast a few times lately... grrrrrrr

Any idea why that's happening?

Server overload seems to be the reason why ILP is down atm

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Any idea why that's happening?

I don't know, but I noticed it a few times lately so I reinstalled it and it seems to be running fine, so must have been on my end.

For anyone with no picture, I'd recommend that channel, it's a 2min download the picture quality on here is as good as you'll get on NBA TV..... English commentary too :D

• Advertisement

Working fine here but I logged on at 4:50pm and haven't closed out of it yet. Looks like I better leave it on for the night :pac:

Knicks playing very well so far, very high intensity.

Advertisement