Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Going mad with the waiting! Went out today and got myself a job...after quitting the last one a month ago thinking I'd be in already. Almost certain I'll be in the first batch but heaven only knows when that'll be. New job to keep me busy anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

mickaleen wrote: »
    My understanding is that no-one will be getting any offer until the Physical tests are done next week. Was up for a medical yesterday and spoke to HR after. Was told that they had already put approx 200 through medicals, physicals and vetting and they still hadn't filled the first intake. That's why we were called at short notice. x amount failed the medical, x amount failed the physical and x amount of peoples vetting hasn't returned clear enough.

Will you get an orientation in Templemore before the physical like the rest who had passed interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

To Mickaleen.

Thanks for your message. I apologise for any offence caused and I didnt mean to get personal at all. I probably overreacted and honestly I dont know why because normally im a really nice guy. It must be the crazy heat today.

Please accept my apologies and I wish you all the best. Lets hope we get news soon. Hopefully Templemore isnt too far away now.

All the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

To Mickaleen.

Thanks for your message. I apologise for any offence caused and I didnt mean to get personal at all. I probably overreacted and honestly I dont know why because normally im a really nice guy. It must be the crazy heat today.

Please accept my apologies and I wish you all the best. Lets hope we get news soon. Hopefully Templemore isnt too far away now.

All the best!

"Overeacted" "it must be the crazy heat"
    GSOC would love that type of admission.

Remember. Never admit what you know they can't prove.

• Advertisement

Excellent. Very well done! Haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

Your not as bad looking as they said you were...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Your not as bad looking as they said you were...

Its natural beauty, everyone else is just jealous ;)

I don't care what everyone else says about you, I think you're alright :p

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

D Trent wrote: »
    Will you get an orientation in Templemore before the physical like the rest who had passed interview ?
    As far as I am aware anyone who passed the interview attended the open day. I did anyway.

To Mickaleen.

All the best!
    Apology accepted. Best of luck to you also. We can have a pint in Polly's if we get into the first intake.

• Advertisement

Excellent. Very well done! Haha!!

mickaleen wrote: »
    Apology accepted. Best of luck to you also. We can have a pint in Polly's if we get into the first intake.

Sounds good. It will be a well deserved pint. It has been a long campaign. It would seem you are in with a good chance having been called up at such short notice. Did the medical go well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Sounds good. It will be a well deserved pint. It has been a long campaign. It would seem you are in with a good chance having been called up at such short notice. Did the medical go well?

That it has. And hopefully (for the first intake at least) it'll be concluded within the next ten days, or even the next week if we're lucky.

Nobody can ever blame PAS or AGS for not being thorough enough in their applicant selection methods anyway :pac: I've never been through such an exhaustive and intense application process in my life. But overall it's probably a good thing, especially given that it is a career that we'll be in for the rest of our lives!

Yeah the medical was fine. Wasn't concerned by it, I knew I was in good order. The physical test should be ok also, twill just depend on de body on the day. Hopefully I'll get thru it ok. I'd imagine people will receive word from hrm
    At the end of next week. I was told they are trying to get a class in for the first week in September but you know yourself, July was the original date.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭wideasagate

Hey lads, what's the story now? When and how long for are physicals starting? I heard Sept 4th for starting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Hey lads, what's the story now? When and how long for are physicals starting? I heard Sept 4th for starting!

Odd to be starting on a thursday....

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭wideasagate

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Odd to be starting on a thursday....

Maybe the 4th is wrong but that week anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

Maybe the 4th is wrong but that week anyway

Had my medical today, was told likely to have induction week the 2nd week of sept and starting the week after. She couldn't say definite though.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

Also if anyone's interested, it's a 3 month deferral for failing the physical with just one repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dongaz

Sgts are going into college on the 2/9. Word is in college that start date is now 8/9.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Dongaz wrote: »
    Sgts are going into college on the 2/9. Word is in college that start date is now 8/9.

Actually, alot of the sgts are starting next week

Was told the other day recruits be starting first week in September.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

That's what the media reported over the last couple of weeks - 'early September'.

Whenever someones says 'early' next week/month/year I always rule out the very start so I had it in my head it would be the 8th.

I'd imagine we'll get our offers during the week ending the 8th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

Tomorrow marks a month since I did my fitness test. You'd imagine it would be easier to give us, in the first batch of 160ish that they tested, our offers so that they would know exactly how many places they're short for the first intake and go from there with the others that are currently going through their medicals and fitness tests. The people doing their fitness test on Monday will likely only have to wait a couple of days for their offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Tomorrow marks a month since I did my fitness test. You'd imagine it would be easier to give us, in the first batch of 160ish that they tested, our offers so that they would know exactly how many places they're short for the first intake and go from there with the others that are currently going through their medicals and fitness tests. The people doing their fitness test on Monday will likely only have to wait a couple of days for their offers.

Down to vetting again I would say. You might be No 80 today on order of merit of people who's vetting is cleared but by this day next week you may be pushed back down to 100+. I would think now they have a cut off day for vetting, probably next wednesday/thursday and will send out invites next Friday thus giving everyone ample notice and also sticking to the order of merit as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Vetting shouldn't be taking this long. They've had since our interviews. It's fairly basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

20times wrote: »
    Vetting shouldn't be taking this long. They've had since our interviews. It's fairly basic.

vetting is done lcoally - so if your beside a busy station or under resourced station - yes vetting will take long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

20times wrote: »

Agreed, its coming near 3 months since some of us had interviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

That's what the media reported over the last couple of weeks - 'early September'.

Whenever someones says 'early' next week/month/year I always rule out the very start so I had it in my head it would be the 8th.

I'd imagine we'll get our offers during the week ending the 8th of August.

I hope we get it before the bank holiday weekend tbh. I cant think of any reason that it'll be delayed beyond the week ending 01/08.

I'd have a sneaking suspicion that the vetting of those that they invited back for medical and physical has already cleared, which means HRM can make offers to these folks once they pass medical and physical.

From what I've been hearing, by all accounts, its the high fail rate at medical and physical that's holding things up, as opposed to vetting. Most people's vetting seems to have come back.

So this is why I think we'll hear fairly soon after Monday - the vetting is pretty much done and dusted for the majority of us, its just that so many failed at medical and physical so they have to invite more to do medical and physical. Therefore, we should know fairly soon after the physical on Monday, as HRM should have all the info they need to make offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Scouser wrote: »
    vetting is done lcoally - so if your beside a busy station or under resourced station - yes vetting will take long

And they were given circa 10 days to get it back to HQ!

Advertisement