Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acne Vs Weight Gain

• 29-03-2014 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

For a while now, i have been having a struggle with trying to get rid of my mild acne and also gain weight at the same time. The foods people recommend to gain weight such as adding more oil to your diet and eggs for example are the foods that give me acne.
    I see it as kinda of a seesaw going back and forth constantly trying to get rid of acne but at the same time gain weight.

So i was wondering if someone could recommend certain foods to eat that will help me fight this battle. I don't want to change my entire diet so please don't recommend any diet i should follow. Just foods that will help me gain weight and not cause any acne breakouts. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Can you point to a trend or similarity or even just other foods that cause your acne, other than oil and eggs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Can you point to a trend or similarity or even just other foods that cause your acne, other than oil and eggs?

its primarily anything with oil. I also heard eating peanut butter was great for weight gain, which it is and i always used to eat it with a bagel in the morning and i would get very satisfactory results in gaining weight. But then the next day or two i would get another acne breakout from the peanut butter.
    Since i am a pretty thin person, it is important for me to keep my bones strong and healthy so i usually drink 2-3 glasses of milk a day. But apparently after researching milk and acne, milk can cause acne. Not just milk, but any dairy products.
    I also eat some nuts such as almonds and cashews as part of the whole weight gain plan. But again it causes a few odd pimples to breakout.
    My diet consists of a lot of meat and atleast once a week i eat fish (usually salmon). I'm not really sure whether this causes acne, but like i said in my last post i don't want to take these foods out of my diet.

So any suggestions of what foods i should be eating to gain weight and prevent acne????

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

its primarily anything with oil. I also heard eating peanut butter was great for weight gain, which it is and i always used to eat it with a bagel in the morning and i would get very satisfactory results in gaining weight. But then the next day or two i would get another acne breakout from the peanut butter.
    Since i am a pretty thin person, it is important for me to keep my bones strong and healthy so i usually drink 2-3 glasses of milk a day. But apparently after researching milk and acne, milk can cause acne. Not just milk, but any dairy products.
    I also eat some nuts such as almonds and cashews as part of the whole weight gain plan. But again it causes a few odd pimples to breakout.
    My diet consists of a lot of meat and atleast once a week i eat fish (usually salmon). I'm not really sure whether this causes acne, but like i said in my last post i don't want to take these foods out of my diet.

So any suggestions of what foods i should be eating to gain weight and prevent acne????

It will differ from person to person so it's going to be trial and error. Have you tried avocados? Coconut milk? What would be a daily diet? Might help give an insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Zero food will help, if it's getting you down go to you GP and he/she will prescribe an antibiotic, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

JJayoo wrote: »
    Zero food will help, if it's getting you down go to you GP and he/she will prescribe an antibiotic, job done.

Go and get full blood work done. Then find a good functional medicine practitioner to tell you whats going on in your body. If your acne is coming from your food, its more than lightly an issue in your gut. Maybe you are lactose intolerant, maybe gluten intolerant. Maybe your stomach isn't breaking down the food properly and you need to use some digestive enzymes to bring up your HCL. Who knows.Without getting your bloods analysed its impossible to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Food would decide wither or not you will get acne, but cleaning up your diet can 100% help with inflammation which is an issue with acne.

If it's getting you down please go to the doctor because it's a really really simple thing to sort out.

Advertisement