Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club/EA PGA 2015

Comments

If anyone does decide to buy this, get it from the US store.... cost me E26 as opposed to E35.

There were times before I considered using the US store for a newish game but with having a physical copy, I'd have had a resell value that far exceeds the savings online.
    However since this game is download only, you're just saving yourself near E10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

If anyone does decide to buy this, get it from the US store.... cost me E26 as opposed to E35.

There were times before I considered using the US store for a newish game but with having a physical copy, I'd have had a resell value that far exceeds the savings online.
    However since this game is download only, you're just saving yourself near E10.

What's the game like?

Cotts72 wrote: »
    What's the game like?

Its pretty good.

In general though if you need the TW ball spin midflight and various aids you will struggle to play well.
    You can however make your own easier courses but from the ones available theyre generally hard.... Even the medium ones I tried were equally tough.

Theres a system to the putting thats cryptic.
    The BETA players on the forum are privy to it from following the process, has to do with getting the same % of power regardless of a certain width of stroke in relation to the visual aid marker.

Only became aware of it last night so played all yesterday just moving left and right as after moving the marker up and down ala TW I didn't notice it changing the power.
    Its apparently relevant though so need to read more on it and learn where the width for the power is.
    Its just something thats not explained in game and requires a read of their forums as theres a bit to it.

Its referred to Spyglass on there for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ken Masters

First of all i just wanna say i've been waiting for this game for ages couldn't wait tbh, downloaded it the minute it came out, from the moment i stepped up to the first tee i was dissapointed, where do i start, The graphics are woefull, the speed of the swing is not realistic, but the main problem i find with it is the lack of career mode, The game just feels empty to be honest, there's nothing to play for, you can play against your mates but there are no rewards for winning, what i loved about the TW is you start off as an amateur and work your way up, on this you just start off as a golfer with a set of golc clubs that can't be changed, it feels like a Demo yad download and ya get 3 holes. Going back to the graphics, this is PS1 stuff, laggy and jumpy, and dont get me started on the course editor. The commentary is a nonsense too, not that Commentary is taken into consideration, The bottom line this game is lacking big time, it has no soul, will i play it again? Yes, because i do love golf, there's no loading between each hole which is one of the small positive things i can say about this nonsense. i thought i was finished with the TW Series (EA Golf now) but i now appreciate it for the fact it has a great career mode.

Kens Rating's (outta 10)

Sound 8/10 (nice crisp sound on impact with the ball)
    graphics 2/10 ( This is next gen right? Enough said)
    lifespan 0/10 ( as explained in my review)

overall 2/10 (waste of €35, keep your money for EA Golf 15)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have been eagerly waiting on an EA title which I believe isn't coming out this year for next-gen. Pretty annoyed as I'm mad for golf games. I skipped last years version, so might grab that to tide me over until the new one comes out.

Few people had mentioned Golf club, but I heard some very conflicting reports about it.

Have to say weary buying it, some people say its great, others say its ****. None of my mates interested in buying it so without a career mode of note, cant see myself picking this up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

There's a career mode coming for it, not sure when.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Anyone pick this up on PS4 from the US store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone pick this up on PS4 from the US store ?

Yep I did it's not bad there was a big patch a couple of days after it came out and fixed a lot if framerate issues, it's hard don't expect Tiger Woods!

Yeah i've been watching some gameplay, no spin or power/swing indicators, looks hard but alot more rewarding than Tiger.

Is it true there isnt a match making system for the online right now ?, and invite only ?

well I've no friends to play with but when you play you see the ghost balls of your competitors if you play a tournament, its hard as is the real game of golf, I've found trying to pick the right shot when your near the green a bit of a nightmare, but starting to work out what to do.
    I also see that we are going to get a PS4 version of Everybody's Golf in the near future, Sony probably decided they needed to give the PS4 an arcadey golf game as the Xbox One has Power Star Golf.
    Think this is being released in Europe tomorrow, I think if you like golf games you will enjoy this.

• Advertisement

Cheers, Think ill pick this up tomorrow.. get some practice in before they sort out some matching making system for the online.

It wasnt added to the EU store today, maybe next week.

It wasnt added to the EU store today, maybe next week.

From what I read elsewhere it might be added tomorrow or Thursday. Would you not pick it up via the US store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm hoping to pick this up soon enough, maybe we can get a few games going on here? I've heard tomorrow for EU release, if its cheaper on the US store though I'll probably just get it on that.

Lads set up a tournament when you get it. I've select four of the easy course to kick off, from the main menu select play, when selecting mode choose play tour. Select your player. On the next screen select more, on the select tour screen press triangle and search for boards.ie and you will find my "boards.ie Open"
    Feel free to add me MacReady69

Will check psn when i get a chance later, but i read yesterday that this releases today for EU.

Will check psn when i get a chance later, but i read yesterday that this releases today for EU.

Yep it's up on the store just search for golf and it will come up think its 34.99 which is a bit steep, but worth it if you want a golf game !

Picked this up last night and played afew hours, getting the hang of it now. I think its worth it for the price, but hope the updates make it a more fleshed out golf game, with a better selection of professionally made courses and online match making and stuff, and performance/visual tweaks are on the way too. My only worry, is getting too much into this will ruin PGA Tour's next release.. i guess you can always turn the difficulty up ^^

Lads set up a tournament when you get it. I've select four of the easy course to kick off, from the main menu select play, when selecting mode choose play tour. Select your player. On the next screen select more, on the select tour screen press triangle and search for boards.ie and you will find my "boards.ie Open"

I'll add u mate I'm starting to come round to this game these tournaments and Tours do give it a bit extra and something to play for, it's the first golf game of this type ( no career) so it was a bit of a shock to the system.

I'll add u mate I'm starting to come round to this game these tournaments and Tours do give it a bit extra and something to play for, it's the first golf game of this type ( no career) so it was a bit of a shock to the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Julez

The actual game play is a lot more rewarding than any tiger woods game ever was, its much more of a simulation. No after spin, no power boost, no tiger vision. Think my best I've ever got is probably about a 5 under round, but always around the 5 under to 5 over range. In Tiger Woods I'd be getting birdies and eagles on almost every hole. I'm playing on the PC and so is my house mate, we regularly play each others ghosts to keep it interesting.

It's tough you can be going along grand and then you make a mistake and it throws out your whole round, I'm pretty rubbish and I'm not improving ಠ_ಠ

Finally getting around to downloading this now. Will join that tournament as soon as its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

The graphics aren't all that great at all. Sitting far away from my 50" tv it looks alright but when I move a metre away I can clearly see that it has got some issues. The V-sync option helps a small bit but still isn't great.

Aside from that the gameplay is pretty good. It is reasonably difficult but I am crap at golf games. The right flick of the analog stick will get a sweet shot, slight deviation and you'll slice it. Kind of like real life.

I'm not sure how long it'll keep me interested but the abundance of courses to select helps.

Played the first course of the tournament and finished up level par. Its tough going to start off with, teeing off is far too easy to hit fairway after fairway but the approach shots and putting make up for it. The putting I found especially difficult to begin with but I'm getting the hang of it now. On my TV the game stutters and there is lots of screen tearing during ball flight. The graphics are functional, only thing I thought looked really good was the water effects.

One thing that really annoys me is how slow the game is to boot up, after I get the "hit X to continue" it loads for about 5 minutes! Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

One thing that really annoys me is how slow the game is to boot up, after I get the "hit X to continue" it loads for about 5 minutes! Very annoying.

That doesn't happen me whatsoever. Loads quite fast.

irishmover wrote: »
    That doesn't happen me whatsoever. Loads quite fast.

It seems to have stopped doing it now, loads quick enoguh. Don't know what was causing it to be so slow.

Playing this on and off over the weekend, had about 6 or 7 rounds so far. I entered a Tournament on the Operation Sports site on the OS Hills course and by god is it tough. Shot a +24 in the 1st round, +15 in the 2nd and two more to go and to be honest I didn't hugely enjoy it mainly because of the course. The greens are artificially difficult, either completely flat and easy to putt on or like putting on glass with slopes up to and away from the hole. There are bunkers placed exactly where you land leaving a spot of fairway about 5 metres wide to land on. It ruins the immersion for me as golf courses just aren't made like that and the fact that a site like OS is using this course is making me wonder what the other courses in the designer are like. If thats the standard creation from users I'll be very disappointed.

On the plus side I do enjoy the mechanics and the gameplay itself just hoping the course creations are bit better than the one mentioned above.

Anybody looking to keep an interest in this game the best way is to create Tournaments, I've got the hang of the course creator and I must say it's amazing,add me on Xbox one, Earthworm Bim is my gamertag I am in the middle of making a course called Dublin Bay Links i'll be setting up Tournaments on it as soon as I'm done making the course

• Advertisement

Anybody looking to keep an interest in this game the best way is to create Tournaments, I've got the hang of the course creator and I must say it's amazing,add me on Xbox one, Earthworm Bim is my gamertag I am in the middle of making a course called Dublin Bay Links i'll be setting up Tournaments on it as soon as I'm done making the course

Advertisement