Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

EoinHef wrote: »
    Cool,i dont think ill be purchasing the beta but be interested to hear peoples opinions when they have a bit of hands on time.

Im not trying to compare H1Z1 in terms of content to dayz SA,i think both really lack content imo. Might need to check out a few recent videos,maybe i missed something. I was only making the comparison in terms of the type of game. And that its great to see its on console. I really think this game will do well on console and not so much on PC.

I do think H1Z1 will be a good game and has potential,just hope it gets realised.

I will dip in to Beta of it, but only if price is fair. If its up to 20eu and you get some stuff with it, not just Beta, then why not.
    If its like ArchAge where they charge 140eu to get in to Beta, well nope. **** you.

DayZ for me became a stale. Its almost the same as I played it few months ago. Yeah, they added new items and some new mechanics, but there are still so much stuff that makes me go eeeeeeewwwww. Zombies are just piss take. They kill you not because they are zombies, but because they glitch through walls.
    Performance is still ass.
    Engine is still horrible!

The one game that I am really looking forward to is Rust remake. I have already spent 200h on Rust Classic and I bet it will be more then that when they finally remake it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I will dip in to Beta of it, but only if price is fair. If its up to 20eu and you get some stuff with it, not just Beta, then why not.
    If its like ArchAge where they charge 140eu to get in to Beta, well nope. **** you.

DayZ for me became a stale. Its almost the same as I played it few months ago. Yeah, they added new items and some new mechanics, but there are still so much stuff that makes me go eeeeeeewwwww. Zombies are just piss take. They kill you not because they are zombies, but because they glitch through walls.
    Performance is still ass.
    Engine is still horrible!

The one game that I am really looking forward to is Rust remake. I have already spent 200h on Rust Classic and I bet it will be more then that when they finally remake it properly.

Yeah forgot to say, price will be the decider for me, 20 euro and no more will be spent. The first real game i bought in February when i started pc gaming was Rust and i am dying to get back to it, the advancements the team have made are outstanding.

Off topic, Shodowheart, what nationality are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yeah forgot to say, price will be the decider for me, 20 euro and no more will be spent. The first real game i bought in February when i started pc gaming was Rust and i am dying to get back to it, the advancements the team have made are outstanding.

Off topic, Shodowheart, what nationality are you?

20eu sounds fair to me. Anything more then that and I will skip on it. I am still a bit confused what sort of free to play perks we will have to buy. I hope it's going to be something like pure cosmetic stuff, not something like limited amount of respowns.

Lithuania, but I live in Ireland almost 10 years now.

yeah, a new skin or piece of clothing, even limited edition trading cards which rise by 10,000 % :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Well going by planetside 2 which had a similar paid beta/early access it'll be $40, they'll likely charge around this and stuff it with a few skins and station cash.

• Advertisement

no way and no how will i be paying 30 quid ish which i assume they will put the tag on if its 40 dollars. No way, no how

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It will be under €20, SOE have already confirmed this in multiple dev streams. The in game shop will be only used to buy cosmetic stuff & maybe some other cool features that will effect the whole server. It's a survival game so paying money will not make it easier for you to survive. Again confirmed in one of the many dev streams they have done over here: twitch.tv/H1Z1

Follow their twitter for up to date info on streams etc: https://twitter.com/H1Z1game also take a look at the H1Z1 Subreddit, the devs are very active there reddit.com/r/H1Z1

The features currently in game in H1Z1 far exceed anything DayZ has or has planned for the near future. The game looks extremely polished for this early stage. They include an awesome discovery crafting system which can be used to craft a huge amount of things so far. ie base building is in already. They also have working vehicles, a decent mele combat system, working zombies(fecking loads of them too) & wildlife, dynamic weather(snow etc) & probably more ****e I can't remember.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of DayZ and I will always play both, but this game is on another level

New post on the main website about a main st. town development:

https://www.h1z1.com/news/h1z1-town-development
    As more and more buildings get completed Pleasant Valley is starting to take shape. Earlier last week Paul Cammish added apartments to the residential section of the city and John Roy flushed out some of the single family neighborhoods. This week I am tackling the commercial center where much of the former, now undead, residents of this town make their living.

Main Street

I am starting with Main Street, the hub of white collar industries, eateries, and places to shop.

501.jpg?v=0.0
    Office Building

Up until now the town has been pretty barren. Just a gas station, strip mall, and randomly scattered single story buildings. We didn’t have much in the way of larger commercial structures to work with. Finally last week I completed a set of office buildings that will go a long way in making this place feel like a real city.

502.jpg?v=0.0
    Cube land, standard office props. Later I will do a grunge pass over the textures to give them the look of age a wear.

521.jpg?v=0.0
    Main Street Before & After

522.jpg?v=0.0

523.jpg?v=0.0

Some more pictures in the link, I think it looks fecking class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Those updates look class. Really wish the beta was being released on ps4 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

This looks to be coming together nicely, but like all the games in this genre I'm hesitant of getting involved until development is much further along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

This video makes it look pretty good:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh0gGjB4wUg

Prone is in now, building is coming along nicely. Hoping they'll rework a lot of the textures. Everything looks like concrete, even the wooden structures.

I like their plan for the spawn system, friends can spawn together in the same spot as long as they're both fresh spawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

New update after Gamescon.

Looks to me like someone took DayZ and Rust and well.....

Stiff competition now as Day Z is coming to PS4. Wonder which one will arrive first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Stiff competition now as Day Z is coming to PS4. Wonder which one will arrive first.

Didn't know that was coming to PS 4 :-O

Tbh I don't know would I buy either of them,this doesn't look all that great or impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

sheehy83 wrote: »

It'll surely be H1Z1. DayZ at the moment runs like absolute **** on PC and is no where near done. Rocket wants the game to be beta by the end of this year but that isn't going to happen. The engine DayZ is running on would be awful on PS4/XBO but I think they are working on a new one/ tweaking what they're using atm.

When h1z1 was first announced didn't they say it would be on steam within 4-6 weeks? Bit disappointing they haven't released it since it would be EA in anyway so they could fix and update it as they go.

Tbh I don't know would I buy either of them,this doesn't look all that great or impressive.

Ya was announced at Gamescon yesterday. I never played Day Z but always mad to so hopefully we will get a good product after the Master Race having given the game a good testing on PC.

When h1z1 was first announced didn't they say it would be on steam within 4-6 weeks? Bit disappointing they haven't released it since it would be EA in anyway so they could fix and update it as they go.

I hope my precious boards.ie doesn't turn into the fecking black hole of idiots that is the H1Z1 subreddit has at the moment. So before any fires start I will attempt to put them out.

Yes, they originally said 4-6 weeks for early access. It didn't release. This is why: Sony has seen what has happened to other communities of "early access" games. Using DayZ as an example. The game releases early (because entitled gamers are too impatient to wait a little longer) The game has few features & loads of bugs. Threads & complaints start appearing saying the game is **** & they want their money back etc. The dev's continually tell people that they should not buy it & try explaining the whole "early access"/"alpha" to guys that are completely unwilling to listen. The community turns sour & a place that is not enjoyable to visit.

Sony have decided to add a huge amount of features into the game so that it is actually in a playable state & will have longevity for the players. We all just need to have patience & understanding that games do take a long time to develop. The game will be out SOON & hopefully it will be awesome! I REALLY need a new game!!

Here's the SOE presidents statement on early access:
    Hello Infected!
    Today I was able to play H1Z1 through Steam. It's our first step towards Early Access launch. We don't have a date yet, although it's getting a lot closer. Why don't we have a date? Because instead of marching towards a date, we're marching towards an internal feature list that we've set as the high bar. Things like crafting a bow, shooting a deer in the eye with the bow (yeah we've got that). Prone.. and other features we felt like we needed to add after getting to that original 4-6 week mark we had set out. That turned out to be a version of the game we are proud of, but we knew in our hearts we wanted to add more features.
    We don't mean to be coy about the date. We just realized after that initial date it would be smarter to announce it after our feature list was complete. So expect to hear more on the date fairly soon.
    In the meantime, we're going to keep updating you via twitch streams of what we're doing. We appreciate your patience and just realize our goals are the same as yours.. an awesomely fun game. We just want to make sure this is a fully featured Early Access release. I'm a big fan of that program, but we refuse to put something out there until we feel like it's up to the standards we've set for ourselves.
    Thanks
    Smed

Hopefully my ramblings can clear things up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

MMO ?

nope.jpg

H1Z1 is free, and going by SOE past F2P games it's one of the better implementation (from a consumer side).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

John Smedley @j_smedley
    H1Z1 Early Access date is going to be announced Monday. Finalizing details.

Hopefully it'll be before Christmas.

• Advertisement

John Smedley @j_smedley
    H1Z1 Early Access date is going to be announced Monday. Finalizing details.

Hopefully it'll be before Christmas.

How does one gain early access?

How does one gain early access?

You'll need a special beta key, it should be printed on a small plastic card in your wallet.

They'll be doing the normal of giving them out free on social media and press events but the only real way is to buy it, it's meant to be $20 and you'll get $20+ worth of in-game stuff.

Is it just for PS release or PC as well this week anyone know?

Is it just for PS release or PC as well this week anyone know?

PS release will be a long time away. PC is the main platform, and will be put first.

PS release will be a long time away. PC is the main platform, and will be put first.

As it rightfully should with all things!

:P

And there was me expecting to play it first on PS4 as it was made by ....Sony. All I want is a Zombie apocolypse survie 'em up on PS4. Is that too much to fecking ask!!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

I'd say I will wait for it to be free on the PC but I will certainly be buying it for the PS ( I would imagine it won't be free on the PS) either way I will end up having it for both platforms

dunner515 wrote: »
    I'd say I will wait for it to be free on the PC but I will certainly be buying it for the PS ( I would imagine it won't be free on the PS) either way I will end up having it for both platforms

It'll be free on the Playstation. They already have lots of F2P games on the PS4 and Planetside 2 will be F2P too so if that is, then this will be too.

Can't find the announcement on release date yet, any word? Dare w speculate on when it will be released?

• Advertisement

Can't find the announcement on release date yet, any word? Dare w speculate on when it will be released?

It'll be posted within the hour on reddit.com/r/h1z1

Advertisement