Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Anyone wrote: »
    Lost me there, how is this gambling?
    Its like poker.

You place your bet (arena entry) in the hope to get a good hand (draft) to win more than your bet (cards/gold).

You could make a profit (cards/150+ gold), or you could make a loss (cards/dust).

Using actual money and paying $2 each time reinforces the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Its like poker.

You place your bet (arena entry) in the hope to get a good hand (draft) to win more than your bet (cards/gold).

You could make a profit (cards/150+ gold), or you could make a loss (cards/dust).

Using actual money and paying $2 each time reinforces the idea.

You don't have to use money, there is no monetary gain from winning.

By the way, what youths have credit cards?

You receive better cards and more gold if you win. Which equates to another chance to gamble. There is no monetary gain just like some online poker games.

Using actual money is irrelevant. You take a gamble to enter the arena either way. You either spend a lot of time or $2.

They don't. Their parents cough up the bill. 16-17 yr olds only need a bank account.

It didn't cross my mind until i read an article somewhere about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Got an invite today!! w00t!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Got an invite today!! w00t!

Bet you're lying... PM me your code and I'll verify for everyone in the thread :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Just got in today , played the training missions and unlocked all the characters , was quite easy . Have my free first go of the arena , will do that tomorrow, as the pvp is currently down , can't wait ! Can select from warrior, hunter and pally .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Its a very dumbed down TCG, I got in last night, it's fun, but I doubt it's longevity. Magic Online and the upcoming Hex are far more involved. The lack of an opportunity to play cards on your opponents turn is a huge dumbing down of the concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Inquitus wrote: »
    Its a very dumbed down TCG, I got in last night, it's fun, but I doubt it's longevity. Magic Online and the upcoming Hex are far more involved. The lack of an opportunity to play cards on your opponents turn is a huge dumbing down of the concept.

Aye, it is quite simplistic, and easy to pick up ( not necessarily a bad thing for its popularity, possibly a problem for hardcore TCG players ) I like the idea of the Arena, with the deck drafting, I played a bit of Might and magic duel of champions, which did not have a draft style of play, never played magic at all, so am not sure if that does.

They will need to inject an arseload of cards to keep the game fresh, or even new heroes ( full pairty with WoW perhaps ), but right now its all still new and exciting to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

You guys all got in!? Meanwhile I'm sitting here with no beta :(

You guys all got in!? Meanwhile I'm sitting here with no beta :(
    Hey man the no beta club are having a meet up soo.....oh wait there isn't a land mass large enough. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

90 euros on ebay now for the truly desperate

Nice one to those getting the beta invites. Waiting myself for one

Jonny7 wrote: »
    90 euros on ebay now for the truly desperate

Desperate no...I'd be tempted at around €40-€50 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Really? Why would you pay for a beta key for a free to play game?

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Really? Why would you pay for a beta key for a free to play game?

Because its not really a beta. Since there's no future wipes, its actually live...just invite only.

Note to self: Sell beta key to Anyone for €50 and get in for free 2 months later when Hearthstone is released. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just got my beta key for this so maybe they are rolling out a new set of them. Might also be worth noting that I installed the blizzard desktop launcher app today too. Might be part of why I got it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Genuinely one the most addictive games I've ever played. Got from Bronze to Masters in three days, I seriously need to take a break BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Game is great fun, not perfect but very polished and the mechanics while definitely simple compared to games like MTG, work quite well. Highly recommended but be prepared to get sucked in!!

Will hopefully get a chance to play this later today. How easy is it to get the hang of for someone who has never played a game like this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Got the invite when they where first given out in EU, dropped 50 quid on it, played 3 games then haven't touched it since. Will get back into it at some stage in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I wish they would send me an invite :(

• Advertisement

Xyo wrote: »
    I wish they would send me an invite :(

might not mean anything but have you downloaded their desktop app, i got my invite the same day i downloaded and installed that.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Will hopefully get a chance to play this later today. How easy is it to get the hang of for someone who has never played a game like this before?

Pretty easy to play, do the intro quest first, then you build a deck. My advice is to play against all the other AI, if you have time do it with all classes, get them all up to level 10 to unlock the cards. It also gives you a great overview about the different heroes.

One final thing....DONT use your 1st(Free) arena entry until you have some sort of grip on the game. The arena, if played well, can fund the cards for you.

And lastly....watch some videos on youtube. Trump and Kripp are good, and Day9 is a good laugh to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Pretty easy to play, do the intro quest first, then you build a deck. My advice is to play against all the other AI, if you have time do it with all classes, get them all up to level 10 to unlock the cards. It also gives you a great overview about the different heroes.

One final thing....DONT use your 1st(Free) arena entry until you have some sort of grip on the game. The arena, if played well, can fund the cards for you.

And lastly....watch some videos on youtube. Trump and Kripp are good, and Day9 is a good laugh to watch.

Pretty much this. Unlock all the classes, get them to level 10 each if you can to learn their abilities and unlock all the free basic cards.

From there play around with a deck and once you have something you like head into unranked play mode. When you get confident, head into ranked. Arena comes much later once you have a proper understanding of the game!

Usually this isn't something I would advise with a F2P game but if you plan on playing it I would advise spending a little cashmonies on a few packs to get you started. You might get the lucky legendary or two and you can disenchant cards you don't need to create core cards to help with your deck construction!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

need a code so badly, havent played any game since i went abroad with my laptop :(

Here is a link to eurogamers website where they are giving away 2600 keys next week ,might be worth entering if you still havnt received a beta key

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Looks like a fun game, can't wait to give it a go, its perfect for the amount of time i have nowadays, I get time to play maybe 1 game of LoL a day, at most :( And that game usually involves my team flaming and trolling.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

cheers for that :) hopefully some of us get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just played a short amount but so simplistically brilliant

This will breathe new life into my tablet when an android version comes out, and I can see it getting alot of playtime. Simple yet stupidly fun and challenging

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just played a short amount but so simplistically brilliant

This will breathe new life into my tablet when an android version comes out, and I can see it getting alot of playtime. Simple yet stupidly fun and challenging

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1orahw/playing_on_your_tabletworks_great/

That works really well, played it on a Nexus 7 without any issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Here is a link to eurogamers website where they are giving away 2600 keys next week ,might be worth entering if you still havnt received a beta key

Yaaaaaay, I got one of the keys!!

Advertisement