Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drive Club - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I was gonna pre order the + upgrade...but I hink I won't bother now ,I'le play it on free + first and then think about it.

Tbh I was gonna do the same but after watching gamespots review I'm hesitant to say the least. The collision end of it looks particularly annoying if the other cars AI only stick to the racing line crashing into you when they shouldn't be.

Ah we'll see. I haven't played the demo yet. Dissapointed by the scores it's got so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-08-sony-temporarily-holding-back-driveclubs-free-playstation-plus-edition

Sony have pulled the launch of the PS+ version, blaming "servers". No new date for it but it looks very sketchy when placed alongside the middling reviews. Wonder if they're hoping that those waiting for it will just pony up for the full version before the PS+ version helps them the make up their minds not to spend money on it. It's not like they haven't had enough time to get things right on the server end, this was meant to be a launch title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-08-sony-temporarily-holding-back-driveclubs-free-playstation-plus-edition

Sony have pulled the launch of the PS+ version, blaming "servers". No new date for it but it looks very sketchy when placed alongside the middling reviews. Wonder if they're hoping that those waiting for it will just pony up for the full version before the PS+ version helps them the make up their minds not to spend money on it. It's not like they haven't had enough time to get things right on the server end, this was meant to be a launch title.

seems very suspect alright, and they've given no release date for the plus edition except for when the servers are ready, pure bs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This game has been plagued with issues from the get go, to make matters worse the servers for the retail version of the game have barely been working since the games US release yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think they saw that The Crew was delayed and wished they done the same... I had interest in this, but the AI racing line thing puts me right off it. Nothing worse than racing a good race and some dick AI rams you off the road, yet when you try to do the same (in revenge, of course), it's like hitting a brick wall.

I'll try the Plus edition, but i'm not excited about it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Still don't understand why Evolution Studios decided to go in this direction. I would have prefered a next-gen Motorstorm game as even though I'm not a hardcore racing fan it appealed to casuals like me to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I just don't understand how they can be having server issues.

For one, it looked like they had a beta (Should have done a bloody public one too) and there is no way it could have sold extremely well except for whatever pre orders there was beforehand.

So they really should have had a good idea of what to expect.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

as a ps4 owner I have to say that microsoft has clearly won the race between Forza 2 and Driveclub. The year delay was bad enough, then the average reviews & possible gameplay issues and now the delayed PS+ release. Ive lost total interest in Driveclub at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Gonzo wrote: »
    as a ps4 owner I have to say that microsoft has clearly won the race between Forza 2 and Driveclub. The year delay was bad enough, then the average reviews & possible gameplay issues and now the delayed PS+ release. Ive lost total interest in Driveclub at this stage!

There has been a few times I was about to pull the trigger on an Xbox One just for Forza but its just too much for one game. If I could swap my PS4 for an Xbox One now, I would. Horizons looks great now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Game download fine over night but the extras are showing an error. This bugs me as the reason i pre-ordered was for the extras.

Still! Had a quick race this morning (wife screaming for me to hurry up) and i enjoyed it. Juat hope those cheating AI cars dont kill this game for me as it kinda was THE game i was waiting for... (read: addicted to car games)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

My pre-order arrived from Amazon today and is waiting for me when I get home. I'll give it a quick bash tonight to see what it's like and make up my own mind. If it's a bag of ****e it's back to Alien Isolation.

From reading peoples impression on different forums, they all seem very positive about the game, well besides not having working servers for the last 4 days, shame about the demo though as if I found it enjoyable I would probably have gone and bought it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

I'm really liking it, one of the first cars you have is a mini cooper, great craic throwing it in to the corners. Psn name is AbdulAbhaile if anyone's looking to have a few lap times to compare with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

No PS+ version at launch as promised, when this was meant to be a PS+ game for subscribers from the get go. What an absolute joke. How many times is sh1t3 like this going to happen at game launches

srumball wrote: »
    No PS+ version at launch as promised, when this was meant to be a PS+ game for subscribers from the get go. What an absolute joke. How many times is sh1t3 like this going to happen at game launches

The servers are still being overloaded, more of an issue with Evolution Studios than with Sony themselves, they never did a proper stress test of servers by offering a open beta like Bungie did with Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

CSSE09 wrote: »
    I'm really liking it, one of the first cars you have is a mini cooper, great craic throwing it in to the corners. Psn name is AbdulAbhaile if anyone's looking to have a few lap times to compare with.

I'll add you later.. my psn tag is BAZ171075

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

srumball wrote: »

Just buy the upgrade and quit moaning! Very good value and it's a quality racing game. I'm hooked on this and even if the multiplayer was working I wouldn't be going on for another week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Just buy the upgrade and quit moaning!

I'll wait to see first hand what it plays like before I spend €40 on it. The reviews weren't that glowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm liking it. Sense of speed is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

It's alright, but I definitely feel better shelling out only 40 euro rather than 60 odd.
    Can't shake the slight feel of disappointment after such a long delay, but that's not to say it doesn't feel good at times throwing the car around corners, but I don't think it'll be enough to warrant putting in a huge amount of time. Graphically a bit of a mixed bag as well, at times looking spectacular, and at times looking decidedly average, and while the sense of speed is fine, it's a shame for a corridor racer not to push for 60fps (but not worth crying over at this stage).
    Definitely more impressed with Forza Horizon 2 overall, even if the racing AI is more forgiving than Driveclub's aggressive competitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

As a PSplus member how do I download the free game. All my options are is to buy it for 39.99 or get the season pass for 24.99?????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

mozattack wrote: »
    As a PSplus member how do I download the free game. All my options are is to buy it for 39.99 or get the season pass for 24.99?????

Free game has been delayed

The PS plus demo has been delayed indefinitely due to server issues.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The free game is not available and has been suspended indefinitely. Currently the only option is to buy the game at a reduced price online for ps+ owners, buy the season pass or buy the game in a store at full price for 65/70 euro.

It's a real blow to what was looking to be the first really exciting month of ps+ for the ps4 in a long time. I reckon that December may make up for it, Sony will want to pull something out of the bag more exciting than 2 indie games as this will be the month where there will be many new ps4 owners and a great way to make em take out a 1 year subscription to ps+. Last December was the first and best month for ps4 ps+ users where we got Resogun, an amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was actually looking forward to having a Shhhhhhpin this week. :( Specially when I decided to wait on for Xbox one and Goty Forza games. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

anyone download the ps plus edition upgrade?

Does every event in the game download individually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

But there's no PS Plus Edition to upgrade yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

COYVB wrote: »
    But there's no PS Plus Edition to upgrade yet...

Indeed but you can upgrade what's not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

well this game turned out great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

well this game turned out great

I am really enjoying myself with this game. Granted I can only use the single-player for now but most of the time, I'd be playing the tour anyway.

I love the feel of the cars and the incredible sense of speed. The different cars feel and sound different and the progression is rewarding and addictive.

The server problems will be resolved eventually but I just hope Evolution Studios get the plaudits they deserve once they are fixed and PS+ users get to play the game.

Advertisement