Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's in your garage??

• 22-07-2012 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

This could be a useful thread:
    What items do you carry(bar the obvious chairs table BBQ roadside emergency stuff and tools) to make your life easier when away in the van.

I suppose it needs to be clever kinda stuff that maybe you didn't take on your first trips... Stuff you've learned to bring through experience. Practical stuff that could be life savers!!

I'll start sure..

10m hose with screw fitting.
    Plastic watering can for carrying and dispensing drinking water at some sites(ok I've to get that yet)
    2 pin outdoor connector for the hookup
    1 litre engine oil.
    WD 40 and a spray oil and small tube of grease.
    Roll of duck tape
    Work gloves.
    Multimeter and selection of fuses
    Torch
    A BIG sponge.( never know when someones gonna drop a litre of orange juice in de van!!)
    Windscreen mop and squeegee.
    Small blocks for under the levellers on soft ground.

Im sure I'll think of more.
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

All of the above plus,

Assortment of nuts,bolts,screws,fuses,
    Wind breaker
    Vicegrips and a few tools
    Bicycle puncture repair kit
    A tube of Tec7
    Travel adapter
    Bungy cord clothes line

• Registered Users Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Addd 5Ltr gerry can of Desiel
    Tow strap
    Tool kit from LIDL, great tools for the price.
    Ziz unit and car fuses, bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Cheers lads
    I suppose what I was hoping for was the less obvious stuff(not tools unless it's a specific tool... Say a breaker bar for the wheel nuts which I do carry btw)

Things like a screw fitting for the taps in a lot of sites... The European 2 pin adaptor for the hookup, something you wouldn't have automatically thought of yourself but maybe spotted someone else using and thought " that's a good idea"....

For example for me it was the watering can for filling the water tank without necessitating moving the van... Easy carry... Easy empty into tank plus can be used for a few other tasks aswell.

Adaptors/ organisers that sort of thing.
    Marty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

i have a small fold up hand trolley i picked up,i use for getting the full cassette to the dump saves the back no end
    this thread has prompted me to give the garage a clean out i have a lot of junk in their i suspect i will never use like sat dish and silver screens which are both build into the current van

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

i have a small fold up hand trolley i picked up,i use for getting the full cassette to the dump saves the back no end
    this thread has prompted me to give the garage a clean out i have a lot of junk in their i suspect i will never use like sat dish and silver screens which are both build into the current van

Great idea.... Saves the back... What I use myself for this task is the carrier on the missis bike, one hand on the handlebars and one on the cartridge.

I picked up a trolley in France just recently however it is more like a deck chair with wheels on it... It wouldn't be of use for the toilet.
    The idea behind it is lugging a the stuff to the beach... Towels picnic stuff kids stuff etc.
    It folds flat and doubles up as a beach chair!!
    http://www.hzreking.net/images/products/2012030713342676584141w1000h1000ureking/beach-chair-with-wheel.jpg

I've stuff in my garage I bought specifically for the camper but have never used so thinking of clearing out aswell.
    2 windbreakers, a mop, several disposable BBQs

Marty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

if the silver screens are external for the 01 ducato id be interested,

i have been looking lately but i cannot get external one's,

whilst on the topic i got a connection that will slip up onto the smooth tap and you tighten a wing nut but it also has a screw off tap connector 3/4" i think, i have found it very handy on 2 occasions,

another must is a vareity of cable ties

a roll of rescue tape (self amalgamating tape) its a life saver

a bottle of rad weld (just incase)

couple of different sizes jubilee clips

roll flat hose 15m i think got it for about €9 on ebay (seldom have to move to fill up)

jump leads

if i think of anymore ill post it

Advertisement